The Blackwell Legacy

A forum for the gamers among us. Which is probably all of us.

The Blackwell Legacy

Postby Volair » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:39 pm

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/blackwell.htm

Holy CROW I so totally didn't know this was around. An active company, actively putting together old-style VGA-res graphics point-and-click adventure games? That are COOL?

The protagonist's a bit whiny (there's a free demo!) but once you work out her life story you kinda figure she's entitled. Interface bugs me in that it uses left and right clicking as kind of an "action, alt-action" pair but it works. Voice acting is... not horrible but I've heard better, but what's really got me suckered in to truly stupid levels is the low-resolution-but-sexy-as-all-hell graphics. They're. Awesome.
Volair
Kumquat Class

Re: The Blackwell Legacy

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:32 am

This is definitely awesome. I am amazed... and pleased!
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Re: The Blackwell Legacy

Postby Volair » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:24 pm

The demo ends with a great trailer made out of in-game graphics that really fills me with the sense of "oh I gotta see this movie" that I get from a really good movie trailer. Additionally the firm sense of place these games have (it's definitely New York and not just Some City) is really, really impressive.

I cheated and played the second game's demo and... Mallone is awesome and I love his attitude. So much fun.
Volair
Kumquat Class

Return to Games and Gaming