Did I mention it? A free 3d game engine.

A forum for the gamers among us. Which is probably all of us.

Did I mention it? A free 3d game engine.

Postby Anna » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:41 pm

I don't know.
Did I mention it?
A game engine, Panda3D
http://www.panda3d.org/

It is free, Open Source.

Panda3D is a game engine, a framework for 3D rendering and game development for Python and C++ programs. Panda3D is Open Source and free for any purpose, including commercial ventures, thanks to its liberal license. Go ahead and grab it here. ...
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Re: Did I mention it? A free 3d game engine.

Postby Coda » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:58 pm

I've been looking at Unity3D. I'll take a look at Panda some time.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby mwchase » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Anyone having trouble running the demos on OS X, or potentially other non-Windows boxes, try installing Cg.

Sorry all my posts to these topics have been technical stuff, but I've been too... something or other to seriously try any of them out yet.
GENERATION -9+i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

"the worlds of our imagination have really confusing rail service."
mwchase
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby mwchase » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:22 pm

So, I've had a closer look. As an amateur, I really appreciate it when I think "it would be nice if I could ..." and then find the section of documentation that explains exactly how to do that.

Anyway, I'm trying to put together a game idea I've had for a while, and I was wondering if anybody'd like to work with me, since my current... colleague... flits from idea to idea in the manner of an especially hyperactive butterfly. That aside, is anyone interested? I've come up with a lot of broad-strokes stuff, but I seem to be having trouble with some details, and I know I really need help with modeling, and a bit less help ful with other areas.

Not sure if it's most appropriate to discuss this here, in a new thread, or in private, so... I'll let someone else decide :sweatbead:
GENERATION -9+i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

"the worlds of our imagination have really confusing rail service."
mwchase
Kumquat Class Sensei

Return to Games and Gaming