World's Biggest Pac-Man Game

A forum for the gamers among us. Which is probably all of us.

World's Biggest Pac-Man Game

Postby Plasman » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:26 am

Holy crap, just when I thought I'd heard of everything. This is what happens when retro mixes with cutting-edge.

The World's Biggest PAC-MAN is a new website launched with the co-operation of Namco and Microsoft (who are using it to promote IE9, but you don't need to have that browser to run it - it seems to work fine on Chrome and Firefox). Basically, it's the same old Pac-Man, but turned into a massive multi-player game with user-generated content. Folks with Facebook accounts can log in and generate their own mazes and dot layouts. You can create levels that spell out words, levels without power dots, levels with ONLY power dots, levels where the ghosts are trapped and allow you to win easily, levels that are far harder than the original game, and so on...

But the beautiful thing is that the "warp doors" on the edge of the screen DON'T wrap around - rather, leaving one maze takes you into someone else's. It could be easier than the one you just left, or even harder. What's more, the game remembers how you left the last room, and lets you come back and attack the maze from another side (provided you make it to the other door, that is).

The site was launched in April, and there's now hundreds of different levels. It's really interesting to see how your tried-and-true strategies for playing the original game are adapted to a new layout. Levels which are wide-open play totally differently from levels that are tight and maze-like, and even an innocent looking level that's full of dots can become near impossible once the ghosts start chasing you down.

Also, over 1 billion Pac-Dots have been chomped by players since the game was launched. WAKA WAKA!
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to Games and Gaming