Skyrim Blatant

A forum for the gamers among us. Which is probably all of us.

Skyrim Blatant

Postby Shivers » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Did anyone buy Skyrim yet etc? The game came out 11-11-11 or aound that date, I heard its gonna be a good game. I havent gotten it yet. Its a rpg game.
Shivers
Kumquat Class

Re: Skyrim Blatant

Postby SvZurich » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:14 am

I am playing it. After finding out that I am being laid off, I rolled Kimmie Lokidottir, 2h warhammer swinger and heavy armor wearer who dabbles with sneaking, archery, lockpicking, smithing, alchemy, and enchanting. I'll likely focus her points into 2h, heavy armor, smithing, and lockpicking with sneaking or archery as my last skill (enchanting is a great option, but I don't care to go that route).
SvZurich
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Postby draque » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:22 am

Object creation in general (including enchanting objects) is much, much friendlier in Skyrim than it had been in previous Elder Scrolls games. Although I'm not a big fan of the menu design in the game in general, I'm very happy that they've made those elements of the game less of a chore.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby TurtleFlower » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:25 am

I've played about an hour of the game on my brother's computer, and so far I can say I love what they've done with the magic system. In addition, I'm REALLY happy that the Argonians don't look like they slapped a five year old's interpretation of "a lizardy man" head on top of a human body. I'm looking at YOU Oblivion. They legitimately LOOK like another race, which makes me really happy. Still feeling nitpicky that the legs haven't returned to being digitigrade but I can let that pass because they just look sOOOooo good... Also mammaries on a scaly is still kind of a weird, but if you move the slider all the way down for weight it makes them flatchested so I'm happy enough.

Beautiful game that encourages immersive play style, I may have to buy it for myself some day.
~~ So says an animate pile of gears and cogs with a soul ~~
TurtleFlower
Ready For Fruit School

Postby Shivers » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:53 pm

I got skyrim for Christmas. Its a hella blatant good game etc. I have a crazed evil Orc girl character and also have a Nord Warrior guy with a heart of gold who is sideing with the Stormcloaks.
Shivers
Kumquat Class

Postby Wizard CaT » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:57 pm

I was on my way to pick up Skyrim, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alfador » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:30 pm

I am playing a werewolf catgirl who can shoot lightning from her hands, forges daggers and armor that make grown men weep, rips the souls from dragons after shouting them to death, and is currently searching for eldritch knowledge that makes you go blind and/or mad if you read it directly.

Skyrim RULES.

And arrow in the knee jokes are overused.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Sparksol » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Alfador wrote:And arrow in the knee jokes are overused.

When I remember to do so, I am opening the editor and removing that line from every guard.
"Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way."

- strange_person
Sparksol
100 Post Little Master

Return to Games and Gaming