3-way Chess

A forum for the gamers among us. Which is probably all of us.

3-way Chess

Postby arex » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 am

I've no idea what the story behind this is, as the site I found it on was in Russian.

Hnngh.
"Ahab knew, baby...I lust." -- Vet-san
arex
Apple Class Master

Re: 3-way Chess

Postby draque » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:54 am

Wild... can the pieces move through the center bast on the lines moving through it? Or is the center simply a dead zone? I'm so used to the basis of all strategies focusing on the controlling the center 4 spaces of a board... I wouldn't even know where to begin with this one.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby RaharuAharu » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:24 am

Those are trajectory lines yes, the pieces can move/follow them once they get to the center Im told.

Also you will notice that dividing each team is a 2 square high wall, so you cant just attack from the side.
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:41 pm

For extra craziness, only have two players, and let both of them control the gray pieces.

Mundis Taasen, ruled by the geometry of the sphere (will okay, circle, but still)! :dead:

...wait a minute... the lines are all trajectory lines? Because, that would have your pieces moving all diagonally and curvy-like right from the start. I figured more standard chess-rules applied (pawns move 1 square forward, or two on their first; Knights move in L-shapes; etc.) except in the center.

I'm curious about this, either way... I think I would actually like to try playing with a set like that someday. It looks pretty cool.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby mwchase » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:06 pm

Got it. Non-diagonal moves go straight across, and knight moves are explicitly made up of a combination of vertical and horizontal moves.
GENERATION -9+i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.

"the worlds of our imagination have really confusing rail service."
mwchase
Kumquat Class Sensei

Return to Games and Gaming