MegaMan 9 on WiiWare

A forum for the gamers among us. Which is probably all of us.

Re: MegaMan 9 on WiiWare

Postby Alfador » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:04 pm

As if the jump right before it weren't bad enough, the miniboss of Jewel Man's stage is FUCKING CHEAP. And you have to start the stage COMPLETELY OVER when you die fighting it.

I've ragequit on that one TWICE now. (But stuck around long enough to save my screws at least.)
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby RaharuAharu » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:15 pm

The Megaman 9 Effect

Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:35 am

The associated blog entry also presents a possible origin for individuals such as Zygote Jr.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Monthenor » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Alfador wrote:As if the jump right before it weren't bad enough, the miniboss of Jewel Man's stage is FUCKING CHEAP. And you have to start the stage COMPLETELY OVER when you die fighting it.

I've ragequit on that one TWICE now. (But stuck around long enough to save my screws at least.)

The boulder guy? He's not bad with the standard mega buster. Just keep moving back and forth between three boulder-spots and jump when you see a face drop. And then when he goes back up watch where the dust stops falling from the ceiling.

I got to watch my brother try to play for the first time this morning and he didn't even make it to a checkpoint. Was I really that bad just two weeks ago?

Ashes wrote:Hornet Chaser grabs items and brings them to you.

See, this is important information that I feel was denied me. I thought Beat was the thing to go grab items, and I've been strongly anti-Beat for years now.
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Ashes wrote:Don't buy the Roll costume. It doesn't let you play as Roll. It just changes Roll's clothes when she appears in the item shop.

Hey, I like Roll's costume from 8!

I've barely played the game at all though, only on the roommate's wii and very infrequently. :dead:

I find it interesting that Protoman supposedly plays much more like the Megaman of post-Megaman 2. Doesn't he charge up and slide?
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Ashes » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:02 pm

Protoman does have a charge shot, and can slide. He also has a shield, but gets hurt more if he gets hit without his shield up. I didn't buy him though, so I can't tell you the particulars.

Megaman cannot charge his shots (though you can charge the magma bazooka), and cannot slide.
..!

Me wrote:* Going without a helmet causes you to take 2x damage. This cannot be negated by the 1/2 damage item (but the 1/2 damage item won't get used up either).

@,@
It turned out that I wasn't using the 1/2 damage item right! You actually have to select it from the menu and activate it. I haven't tested it without the helmet though.
Ashes
Melon Class

Previous

Return to Games and Gaming