Mother 3 Fan Translation Complete

A forum for the gamers among us. Which is probably all of us.

Mother 3 Fan Translation Complete

Postby Relee » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:18 am

Hey the Mother 3 Fan-Translation has been complete. You can get it here.

I played it for a couple hours this morning. It's definately a lot different from Mother 1 and Mother 2, but also clearly related. It's not set in Eagleland, though, it's on some weird island that seems like something Akira Toriyama would make. XD

Well, grab your Two-by-four and set off into adventure!
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Re: Mother 3 Fan Translation Complete

Postby Shivers » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:43 am

I wis they would release these games in America. I loved Earthbound it was really good. Once they mad Mother 3 I was kinda hoping they would send it over but they wont. :(
Shivers
Kumquat Class

Postby Relee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Play the game and you'll understand why they won't. This is the Sequel to Earthbound, and closes up the plot, but it's also a much more adult game. It only looks like a kids game, and that breaks a rule of imports. You can't make anything for adults that looks like it's made for kids.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Ashes » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

Got it. Love it. Emulator suddenly started refusing to run it. >.<

I've tried three different emulators too.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Relee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:26 pm

That's weird... I never had any problems running it.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Tychomonger » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:40 pm

Try downloading both the rom and the translation again. It is possible one of them got corrupted in the transfer.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wizard CaT » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:46 pm

I suggest VisualBoy Advance and I don't think there are any problems. Try it again, maybe you had a faulty rom.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wizard CaT » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Relee wrote:Play the game and you'll understand why they won't. This is the Sequel to Earthbound, and closes up the plot, but it's also a much more adult game. It only looks like a kids game, and that breaks a rule of imports. You can't make anything for adults that looks like it's made for kids.

I have to say it doesn't close up the plot that much. It is definitely related to Earthbound, and that becomes apparent as you progress, but the plot is... well the door is easily open for Mother 4.

As for being for adults, it might be the the fact that a group of 8 characters plays a major role, and they just happy to be a group of drag queens. Though they are referred to in the female pronoun so maybe they are MtF. And then when you go under the ocean the way you get O2 is to make out with a merman robot.

But what was that music from that was the theme of the evil guys?
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Shivers » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:11 am

Relee wrote:Play the game and you'll understand why they won't. This is the Sequel to Earthbound, and closes up the plot, but it's also a much more adult game. It only looks like a kids game, and that breaks a rule of imports. You can't make anything for adults that looks like it's made for kids.

Well what about that game, Conkers Bad fur day? For the nintendo 64. That game was rated Mature, but looked like a kid game with Conker being a furry animal cute thing etc. It was made by Rare which is a nintendo company which is japanese etc. They were allowed to release the game in America no problem.
Shivers
Kumquat Class

Postby marinschild » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:07 pm

Relee wrote:Hey the Mother 3 Fan-Translation has been complete.

Great... now I'm going to have to rush my way through the first two games. Here I come Ninten.

!?!! <-- Just think of it as the smash effect from the game. :exasperated:
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby Relee » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Shivers wrote:

Well what about that game, Conkers Bad fur day? For the nintendo 64. That game was rated Mature, but looked like a kid game with Conker being a furry animal cute thing etc. It was made by Rare which is a nintendo company which is japanese etc. They were allowed to release the game in America no problem.

Rare isn't a Japanese company, they're british. They've also been purchased by Microsoft, since then. The Xbox remake of Conker's Bad Fur Day was heavily censored. The Original N64 game was advertised and marketed to adults and was the only mass-market game that used cute cartoons to tell an adult story. It was more about crude humor than an adult story, though.

There really isn't any comparison between Mother 3 and Conker's Bad Fur Day. The former is a kids game, and the problem is that a kids game in Japan can be much more adult than it can in the west. Conker's Bad Fur Day is an adult game in Japan as it's an adult game in design.

Mother 3 is the sequel to Mother 2, Earthbound, which appeals to adults but is definately a kid-friendly game. To make an adults only sequel to a kids game just doesn't make sense.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alfador » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:32 pm

Relee wrote:To make an adults only sequel to a kids game just doesn't make sense.

It would if it were released about 20 years later, when all the kids who played the original game are adults. Kind of like what Avenue Q did for Sesame Street.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:14 pm

Common whats the music from...

Anyway, is Earthbound really that much of a kid game? You understand it a lot more as an adult, and who knows if it was hit with the censor bat or not.
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Relee » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:31 pm

I understand everything a lot better as an adult, and there's no doubt in my mind that Earthbound was made for 'Children of all ages'.

Also, aren't they still making new Sesame Street eps? With different actors, obviously, but still under the same name?
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Return to Games and Gaming