Anyone in Warhammer Online?

A forum for the gamers among us. Which is probably all of us.

Anyone in Warhammer Online?

Postby SvZurich » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:41 pm

Is anyone else playing Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning? I now playing on the Badlands server (Averheim had a server migration out, shame) with my Dwarf Engineer Skadie (defensive ranged DPS). I deleted my Shadow Warrior (Elf ranged DPS) to reroll her as Lunarian the Knight of the Blazing Sun Empire Human tank). I also play my Human Warrior Priest Maziken a bit.

Trying the new Blackguard on a few servers as well.

Hope to see y'all there.

Kimmie, actually enjoying PVP in a game for a change.
SvZurich
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Re: Anyone in Warhammer Online?

Postby Ashes » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:12 pm

No, sorry. Do you happen to play Fusion Fall?
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby SvZurich » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:42 am

What is fusion fall? Never heard of it.
SvZurich

Postby Ashes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 am

Have you seen the Power Puff Girls Doujinshi? It was a beautifully drawn, brightly colored, anime inspired mash-up of all of Cartoon Network's original cartoon properties (PPG, Dexter's Laboratory, Courage The Cowardly Dog, The Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy, Samurai Jack, Megas XLR, et al.).

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=21

Cartoon Network saw it, and they decided it would make a kick ass MMO. As an odd kind of thanks to the creator of PPG Doujinshi, they have not acknowledged him at all. See, if they did, then they'd either have to take legal action against him, or appear to condone copyright infringement. The kindest thing they can do is pretend he doesn't exist.

http://fusionfall.com/gallery/index.html

In Fusion Fall you play as a kid sent to the future to help save the world. You don't get to play as any of CN's character, but you can get weapons, armor, clothing, and other items inspired by various cartoons. You could get a KND coke-bottle-laser-gun, Mandark's cape, and armor that looks like the Megas. You can also collect also chibi versions of the Cartoon Network characters, which hover around you like bizarre shoulder angels and grant you new special attacks. There aren't any classes in the traditional sense, but you can learn a "class" by going on a mission with a CN character. For example, if you go on a mission with Samurai Jack you could learn to be a better swordsman.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby marinschild » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:12 pm

I've seen the PPG Doujinshi before, but I never started reading it. The Fusion Fall MMO looks pretty good from the trailers and screenshots. I hope I can start playing it asap.
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby Ashes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Last weekend FusionFall was doing "free samples." Everyone could sign up and play for free. I thought they were going to launch the game yesterday, but apparently I was misinformed.

When it launches you will be able to play for free, or so I heard, but a bunch of features (notably chat) and areas will be disabled for you. Only paying subscribers will get those. I have no idea how much it will cost.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby marinschild » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:22 pm

I just hope I can run the game. I'm running a Dell Dimension which is a decent computer, but has fallen behind when it comes to running the games that have come out recently. The only thing stopping me from playing Portal or Spore is my lack of ram and the pathetic 40 gigs of drive space that plague my computer.

Complaining...
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby Ashes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:24 pm

My Mac Mini (1.66 GHz Core Duo and 512MB RAM) ran it ok. The only slowdowns seem to come from the fact that it's an online game -- when you go somewhere you haven't been, the game slows down as it loads new textures from the net. The tutorial is especially bad that way, since it also has to load a lot of voice clips.

There are visual settings options. You can turn it down all the way to sub-N64-quality graphics. For some reason you can't access the settings menu in the tutorial. You have to hit ESC first to leave the tutorial, and then once you're in the main game you can change the settings around.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby SvZurich » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 am

I have never heard of such a thing, but it does sound neat. My TV remains off and I watch shows online. No need for cable, and I avoid almost all adds. :) Thank you for showing me this.
SvZurich

Return to Games and Gaming