Heinz Edelmann passed away

If it's something you watch or hear or read, this is the general grab-bag for it.

Heinz Edelmann passed away

Postby Anna » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:41 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_Edelmann
Heinz Edelmann passed away.
He died today at the 21st July, he was 75 years old.
I'm sure you ask, who is Heinz Edelmann?

Heinz Edelmann was the one who made the drawings and created the design for the anmated movie "The Yellow Submarine"
If you see the film, you see his art.
He had a big influence to the graphic design in the 60's and the 70's.

In the middle of the 80's when I became a student of graphic design / visual comunication, he was a professor at the "Fachhochschule*" in Düsseldorf, where I was, but in the "Grundstudium"/basic study he didn't give any courses.
So I wasn't a student of him and he changed in same year when I was beginning to South Germany.
Maybe I had should do the same as some other students did, simply go in one of his courses, no matter how long I was a member of th F.H.
One of my numberous' mistakes in my life.

http://blog.aeffaeff.com/televisionen/z ... 29-10-2008
This a teaser for the ZDF he made - they broadcasted many phantastic movies in the 70's and the 80's.

*(Again, a Fachhochschule is not a highschool, it is more a college, a specific place to study specific areas, for example: electronic, industrial mechanics, architecture and graphic design etc.)
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Re: Heinz Edelmann passed away

Postby Plasman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:11 am

Oh my god. His style was fantastic. I love Yellow Submarine, especially the Seas of Time and Monsters.
*('')*

What a shame you missed out on having classes with him! Ah, well, the clarity of hindsight.
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to Media