I need some suggestions for a new computer

If it's something you watch or hear or read, this is the general grab-bag for it.

I need some suggestions for a new computer

Postby Anna » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi

I need some suggestions.

You see, I want to buy a new computer.
My work compu' is now nearly 9 years old.
So, I think it's about time to get a new one.

Allright, I've got still some younger machines.
one is from febuary 2006 and the other is very young over 3 years.
The 2006 one is still going crazy, doesn't play CD's and does freeze complete if I'm trying.
And since a few months one channel of the stereo sound is silent.
Yes this computer has become fat and thick and slow.
The best way to solve it, is to install Windows new, I know, but I need the whole Outlook thing, mails and passwords for mails, because I lost a few and I can't get them back.
If this would be solved, Auf Wiedersehen old installation, Guten Tag new Windows.
But, the graphic card is weird, it was never perfectly putted into the mainboard, and can't be corrected.
The VGA had always a colored screen, red or green or blue...
So I do use the digital output with an adapter to VGA and the color games were history.

The new one is Win7, and I'm in an eternal battle with the soundcard, It didn't work properly under WinVista and now it didn't work well under Win7.
So I would like to prefere "Sound on Board".

My oldest computer, 2003, is my whole proud, fast boot, and in a way also fast enough for work.
But real modern software is a problem. this computer is not on the net, and most modern software needs a connection to be activate.
Allright, there were never a chance to cut videos, all not synchron, sound and picture, never together.
For this I have the 2009ner.

So, my question is, do you have some suggestions what kind of computer, what parts and ingredients I should get?
For what I have to watch out?

What do I need?
I'm working with pictures, Photoshop & Co., creating sleeves for CD, DVD and Blu-ray.
I can do this with my old one, but I have to go further, I need this one also for video and sound.
It has to be possible to create HD Videos, not just for fun.

And, - there must also be Blu-ray burner build in.

But there is a problem, I'm limited in money.
I can spend 800.- Euro, thats nearly 1100.- $

Some ideas?
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Re: I need some suggestions for a new computer

Postby Coda » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:28 pm

You'll probably be satisfied with anything you can afford, to be honest. Your requirements are low enough that you should be shopping for price, which means buying a prebuilt computer these days, although you will of course want to avoid brands with a bad reputation. Asus and Toshiba are good, reliable brands; Sony is overpriced; Compaq, eMachines, and HP are flaky. Feel free to ask for opinions on anything you're considering buying and we can give you a review.

I will advise that you add the Blu-Ray burner aftermarket unless you have to buy a laptop, because you're going to pay a lot extra for a system of the style that normally includes a BD-R drive will be a lot more than you actually care about. (In fact, if you already have one, consider just transplanting it. It's by far the cheapest solution.)
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby syrulijczyk » Wed May 20, 2015 4:04 pm

at topic is old but in these times changed a lot. Now for not so much money you can have Laptop with everything you need
syrulijczyk
Welcome, New User!

Postby KittyCathy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:49 am

Magic of technology. Today you can buy really cool things. Things that no one dreamed of the past
KittyCathy
Welcome, New User!

Return to Media