The Legend of Korra, a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender

If it's something you watch or hear or read, this is the general grab-bag for it.

The Legend of Korra, a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender

Postby Tychomonger » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:10 pm

So there's a new series set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender, set about 80 years after the end of the series. It follows the new Avatar Korra, as she sets out from her secluded and sheltered life of training at the hands of the Order of the White Lotus, and goes forth into a world of technological wonder and social and economic tension. The setting of Republic City is directly based upon New York City in the Roaring 20s.

It is fantastic and everyone who has seen Avatar: The Last Airbender should be watching it. Everyone else should be watching Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Re: The Legend of Korra, a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airben

Postby draque » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 am

Agreed on every level. I absolutely adore the new series. The thing that I loved about the original was that they took care to create multiple, consistent and complete cultures. They've taken that to its next logical progression and evolved each culture by 80 years, incorporating new technologies, new culture and a whole new perspective, based on a lifetime of peace, rather than the war torn setting of the original. I love the new show for how different it is, yet how perfectly is meshes with the original. Can't wait to see more! ^^
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Return to Media