Re: I'm going to be sick!

Postby Wizard CaT » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Yubi Shines wrote:While a woman dressing provocatively isn't asking to be raped,

If a woman dresses such, and goes to a place where rapes have happened, where crime is rampant, where the attacker hasn't been caught yet, then there is a "stupid" factor in there.

I don't like that that's the case, but until the rapist has been caught or a way to stop rapes happening is found, then yes, you can't dress that way and walk in that street at night alone.

I'm glad someone got it...

And actually, I do believe in NYC awhile back there was a somewhat popular rape (possible rape murder, not sure) outside of an apartment complex. About 30 if not more people heard it happening, and no one called the cops.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Yubi Shines » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:26 pm

Kitty Genovese. Yeah.
Yubi Shines
Grape Class

Postby strange_person » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:05 pm

That was Rorshach's origin story. His mask is made out of thermo-reactive material from a dress that alternate-universe Kitty Genovese commissioned but disliked when she actually saw it. He didn't want to look like the kind of creature that could do that to someone.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Relee » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:53 pm

I think you're seriously underestimating bears. There's more to them than just instinct. ^.^;;

I mean maybe they're not humans but they're still relatively high-functioning mammals. You can say a fly operates purely on instinct, reacting purely to stimulus, but a bear actually thinks about what it's doing, and bears have the choice not to eat a bloody naked woman running through the forest, if they so choose. Not that they're likely to MAKE that choice, but their brains are advanced enough that they can choose if they want to. Like maybe the bear would rather fight with another bear to impress some hot bear chicks, the bear would probably ignore the naked woman soaked in blood running by.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby strange_person » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:56 am

Even fruit flies have been shown to have some ability to learn from experience.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Wizard CaT » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Anything with a memory can probably learn from history.

I say probably, since people are the ones after all who coined the phrase "History repeats itself."
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monocheres » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:20 pm

Wizard CaT wrote:Anything with a memory can probably learn from history.

I say probably, since people are the ones after all who coined the phrase "History repeats itself."

I've already quoted this somewhere:

Mark Twain wrote:History doesn't repeat itself ... but it does rhyme.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alfador » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:40 pm

strange_person wrote:Perhaps the board is confused by the profusion of felines.
I mean there's Ali, Wizard, Jade, Emily Glee, Rosie, Alfador...

Wait, Alfador's normally a fox. Aren't foxes a kind of cat?

Nope! We're a kind of fox. We look kinda like dogs with pointy faces, and act kinda like cats and kinda like dogs and kinda like wolves and kinda like nerds. :3 Foxie power!
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:07 am

You've turned into a cat at least once, though, haven't you?

Is that the "royal we," or did you manage to replicate Raru's duplication, or are you just whacked out of your gourd?
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Idiot Glee » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:09 am

strange_person wrote:You've turned into a cat at least once, though, haven't you?

Is that the "royal we," or did you manage to replicate Raru's duplication, or are you just whacked out of your gourd?

He's speaking for foxes in general.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Alikat » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:10 am

strange_person wrote:Is that the "royal we," or did you manage to replicate Raru's duplication, or are you just whacked out of your gourd?

A little from column A, a little from column B....
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby RaharuAharu » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:12 am

The Queen of England uses a Wii.

Does that make it the Royal Wii?

#_@
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:15 am

Not if she's got more than one, or if the Sultan of Brunei has one too. In such a case, HRH's would merely be a royal Wii.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alfador » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:05 pm

strange_person wrote:You've turned into a cat at least once, though, haven't you?

a) I might've.

b) Perhaps you're thinking of the Alfador in Chrono Trigger, from whom I took my name but to whom I claim no actual connection?

c) I was speaking for all foxes.

d) I can under certain circumstances duplicate or triplicate myself; however, I maintain a total of three tails at all times, splitting like so: (3), (2, 1), (1, 1, 1).

e) I'm ALWAYS whacked out of my gourd! //]
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Is it possible to create four or more of yourself by producing tail-less dupes? Have you ever tried?

Alfador wrote:b) Perhaps you're thinking of the Alfador in Chrono Trigger, from whom I took my name but to whom I claim no actual connection?

Vas ist das "Chrono Trigger?"

But seriously, I've never played it, and the first I'd ever heard of that purple cat was when you mentioned it in the Sprites of Everyone thread.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alfador » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:03 pm

strange_person wrote:Is it possible to create four or more of yourself by producing tail-less dupes? Have you ever tried?

((OOC: According to the lore I got the idea from and haven't been able to find much evidence of since, it's impossible. However, I'd say that I have tried... and couldn't manage it. I've only seen one other instance of legend where a kitsune splits into multiple copies with a constant total number of tails: in Okami, the boss battle with Demon Lord Ninetails.))

strange_person wrote:
Alfador wrote:b) Perhaps you're thinking of the Alfador in Chrono Trigger, from whom I took my name but to whom I claim no actual connection?

Vas ist das "Chrono Trigger?"

But seriously, I've never played it, and the first I'd ever heard of that purple cat was when you mentioned it in the Sprites of Everyone thread.

It's a Super Nintendo game, also available for the Playstation 1 as part of Final Fantasy Chronicles. You could also *cough* emulate it.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:18 pm

Alfador wrote:
strange_person wrote:Is it possible to create four or more of yourself by producing tail-less dupes? Have you ever tried?

((OOC: According to the lore I got the idea from and haven't been able to find much evidence of since, it's impossible. However, I'd say that I have tried... and couldn't manage it. I've only seen one other instance of legend where a kitsune splits into multiple copies with a constant total number of tails: in Okami, the boss battle with Demon Lord Ninetails.))

Perhaps if you tried splitting 2/1, and then spawning the third off of the one-tail body? I picture the result as being somewhere between a red Cabbit and a blue-haired Superfluous Elf.

I dunno, ever since I gave Officer Aharu that idea about partial phasing, I've been kind of overconfident in my ability to second-guess nontraditional physics.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alfador » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:06 pm

strange_person wrote:
Alfador wrote:

Perhaps if you tried splitting 2/1, and then spawning the third off of the one-tail body? I picture the result as being somewhere between a red Cabbit and a blue-haired Superfluous Elf.

I dunno, ever since I gave Officer Aharu that idea about partial phasing, I've been kind of overconfident in my ability to second-guess nontraditional physics.

I just can't split off a one-tail instance of myself. It just doesn't work. For most applications, I'd use a "remote eye" dealy where I create a (sometimes invisible) little wisp-thing that I can sense as if through my own eyes, but can't really do much else with. Kinda like the "Eye of Kilrogg" spell from the (World of) Warcraft series, except instead of looking like a green demonic eye, it looks like a little blueish flame, like the will-o'-the-wisp things you sometimes see in anime and video games.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Tychomonger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:34 pm

Hehe, fox fire.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Dan » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:24 am

If I walk around the ghetto wearing gold jewelery and shit I'm going to at -best- get robbed. At worst I'll get a cap in the head and then get robbed.

I'm not sure this is technically true. It seems hard to test without actually doing it, and of course a wise person would try to avoid it if this seems reasonably possible. But the number of robberies and the number of assaults in New York city during somewhat more crime-ridden years both equaled about half of one percent of the city's population.

And you cannot reasonably ask women to avoid every "place where rapes have happened". Not unless you know a place where rapists always go to prison. You can argue that women should always try not to look sexy, but if you do I will have to get some guys together and beat you upside the head.
I defie all the Quakers in England to match this incomparable piece of Nonsence and Enthusiastick Cant.
Dan
Aw, they grow up so fast!

PreviousNext

Return to The Political Arena