A History of Terror

Postby Relee » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Geez, I saw this on BoingBoing today. Check it out.

Incredibly, President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse.

Jacques Chirac tells all in this steamy little tale.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Re: A History of Terror

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:10 am

Jesus... and may I add Fucking....Christ.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Idiot Glee » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:28 am

I'm skeptical; it sounds like the Bush I remember, but it's out there enough to require proof before I'll believe it.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Relee » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:54 am

Idiot Glee wrote:I'm skeptical; it sounds like the Bush I remember, but it's out there enough to require proof before I'll believe it.

Well of COURSE it's not true. It's absolutely UNTHINKABLE that any civilized nation would ever elect such an obvious MANIAC to their higest seat of power.

*('')*
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Idiot Glee » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:15 am

Relee wrote:
Idiot Glee wrote:I'm skeptical; it sounds like the Bush I remember, but it's out there enough to require proof before I'll believe it.

Well of COURSE it's not true. It's absolutely UNTHINKABLE that any civilized nation would ever elect such an obvious MANIAC to their higest seat of power.

*('')*

It's not unthinkable, but the fact that this is (apparently) only coming out of the mouth of one man doesn't exactly give much proof. This story is thinkable, likely even. But, as of yet, it's unproved. The accusation that Bush thought he was postponing the apocalypse is serious, very serious. It's important not to jump to conclusions on so little evidence.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby draque » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:00 am

I'm not certain whether or not it's true, but the fact that I'm even willing to entertain it as a possible truth should be enough to show how thankful I am that the man is now out of office.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monocheres » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:58 pm

He was pretty bad, true, but his worst legacy is of course the man who is currently in office, who came in as a direct consequence of him. I fear this successor is capable of (and in the process of) perpetrating even more damage to this country and the world. My only consolation is that he too will someday leave the position. Hopefully sooner (3 more years) rather than later (7 more years), and hopefully not too late... There is however a chance that this problem could be mitigated even as early as next year. We might get some sensible balance back into our system of checks and balances. Or at the very least some healthy gridlock.

It took a Herbert Hoover to get us into the Great Depression. But it took a Franklin Roosevelt to make sure it lasted a whole decade.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monthenor » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Okay, wait. Chirac confirmed this? When I first read about this, it was just the theological aide who was saying it. But shit, if Chirac backed that up...Bush either needed to read his Bible harder or not at all. Drink deep, or taste not the Apostolian spring.
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby Relee » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:45 am

Yeah Chirac was the one who got the phone call, and confirmed it. He's retired and Bush is gone so there's no reason for him to hide it anymore.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wic » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:38 pm

Even the conspiracy theories make more sense than demons leading a nation. This must be true.
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
Wic
Apple Class

Return to The Political Arena