Iraqi Police Exterminating Gays

Postby Ashes » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:06 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8204853.stm

Anti-gay attacks on rise in Iraq

Being gay in Baghdad is a dangerous lifestyle and secrecy is paramount
Gay Iraqi men are being murdered in what appears to be a co-ordinated campaign involving militia forces, the group Human Rights Watch says.
It says hundreds of gay men have been targeted and killed in Iraq since 2004.
So-called honour killings also account for deaths where families punish their own kin in order to avoid public shame.
The report says members of the Mehdi Army militia group are spearheading the campaign, but police are also accused - even though homosexuality is legal.
Witnesses say vigilante groups break into homes and pick people up in the street, interrogating them to extract the names of other potential victims, before murdering them.
"Murder and torture are no way to enforce morality," said HRW researcher Rasha Moumneh, quoted in the report.

FROM BBC WORLD SERVICE

More from BBC World Service
"These killings point to the continuing and lethal failure of Iraq's post-occupation authorities to establish the rule of law and protect their citizens."
In some cases, Human Rights Watch says it was told, Iraqi security forces had actually "colluded and joined in the killing".
Witch-hunt
Recently, posters appeared in Sadr City - a conservative, Shia area of Baghdad - calling on people to watch out for gay men and listing not only their names but also their addresses.
One gay man in Baghdad described the killing campaign as a witch-hunt.

These killings will continue, because it has simply become normal in Iraq to kill gay men
Unnamed gay Iraqi man

Saddam's rule 'better' for gay Iraqis
Iraqi gay men face 'lives of hell'
Nearly 90 gay men have been killed in Iraq since the beginning of January and many more are missing, local gay rights campaigners say.
The report, called They want us exterminated: Murder, Torture, Sexual Orientation and Gender in Iraq, says horrifically mutilated bodies of gay men have been left on rubbish tips.
Sometimes their bodies are daubed with offensive terms such as "pervert", or "puppy" which is a hate word for gay men in Iraq.
The report contains detailed testimonies of a range of brutal treatment of gay Iraqi men.
"We've heard stories confirmed by doctors of men having their anuses glued and then being force-fed laxatives which leads to a very painful death," says Ms Moumneh told the BBC.
'Feminised men'
When questioned in the past, officials in Iraq have condemned the killings, but the BBC's Natalia Antelava in Baghdad reports that gay men there say nothing has been done to protect them.
"These killings will continue, because it has simply become normal in Iraq to kill gay men," said a gay Iraqi man who did not want to be named.
Mehdi army spokesmen and clerics have condemned what they call the "feminisation" of Iraqi men and have urged the military to take action against them.
The report said many gay men have fled to other countries in the region, despite consensual homosexual activity being illegal there, because the risk of victimisation is reduced.
HRW says the threats and abuses have spread from Baghdad to Kirkuk, Najaf and Basra, although persecution remains concentrated in the capital.
Officials say part of the problem in dealing with the attacks is that victims' relatives seldom if ever provide information to the police.
"They consider talking about the subject worse than the crime itself. This is the nature of our society," ministry spokesman Major General Abdul-Karim Khalaf said.
Ashes
Melon Class

Re: Iraqi Police Exterminating Gays

Postby RaharuAharu » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:13 am

What do you expect from a uneducated populace composed of incredibly sexually repressed people who are still killing each OTHER over a book written over 2000 years ago which was a time in which people who were not like "you" were "things" and not people.
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Monocheres » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:09 pm

RaharuAharu wrote:...still killing each OTHER over a book written over 2000 years ago...

Actually that particular book was about 1400 years ago, but good point anyway.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Coda » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:12 am

Monocheres wrote:
RaharuAharu wrote:...still killing each OTHER over a book written over 2000 years ago...

Actually that particular book was about 1400 years ago, but good point anyway.

They also observe many of the Jewish books of scripture, which is why I didn't make that very comment myself.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Goose in a jar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Urgh... what a pointless exercise in ruthlessness.

Racial genocide and religious persecution is actually a few steps ahead of prosecuting homosexuals, because you can actually reduce the population of a certain ethnicity/belief in the the long term. Well, for a short while it has a point, I personally believe that new definitions of ethnicity and religious schisms are inevitable even in a hypothetical homogeneous society (the likes of which has never really existed).

But prosecuting a group that is inevitably born out of your own population is simply moronic. If it worked and homosexuality was just a thought construct rather than a physical difference, homosexuality would have died out a bit over an eon ago along with all those pagan religions who were exterminated before the tide of violent monotheism. Persecuting them is so damn stupid, closeted homosexuals who are forced into monogamous boy girl marriages will breed while if left free they wouldn't be able to do so without technology and donors/surrogates.

It is like a white supremacist who is concerned about illegal immigrants of another race or something, running around sabotaging said immigrants' condoms out of spite during the day and then having problems getting to sleep at night because so many of THEM are running around these days.
Goose in a jar
Our New Friend

Postby Ashes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:02 pm

Goose in a jar wrote:Persecuting them is so damn stupid, closeted homosexuals who are forced into monogamous boy girl marriages will breed while if left free they wouldn't be able to do so without technology and donors/surrogates.

It is like a white supremacist who is concerned about illegal immigrants of another race or something, running around sabotaging said immigrants' condoms out of spite during the day and then having problems getting to sleep at night because so many of THEM are running around these days.

Are you implying that sexuality is hereditary, like hair color? There's still a lot of debate over exactly how it works, but in general sexuality is a lot more complicated than that. Even if there was total sexual freedom and no homosexual person ever produced any children, there would still be roughly the same number of homosexual people in a ten generations.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Goose in a jar » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:30 am

Ashes wrote:Are you implying that sexuality is hereditary, like hair color? There's still a lot of debate over exactly how it works, but in general sexuality is a lot more complicated than that. Even if there was total sexual freedom and no homosexual person ever produced any children, there would still be roughly the same number of homosexual people in a ten generations.

Well, I don't believe that genetics is the only issue contributing to base sexual preference but I do believe that it is a major contributing factor. The concept that the number self declared homosexuals present today is due to subtle propaganda put out by a mysterious "gay agenda" is absurd. How would such a group have survived through the centuries of religious fervor? Did they just walk up to chaps and whisper "hey mate, wanna join the international homosexual conspiracy? I think we might have a chance to hit big time in the 20th century!" how preposterous. The only alternative cause to a genetic one I can imagine is uh... developmental deformations in the womb due to something other than genes?

Anyway, closeted homosexuals forced into the religious breeding program probably pass on more of the mutated genes that pertain to homosexuality simply due to having the full set. I don't think it is a major contributor to the homosexual population, I just wanted to point out that the loons that chase them are shooting themselves in the foot.

I'm probably wrong and stupid anyway.
Goose in a jar
Our New Friend

Postby Wic » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 am

There's plenty of information about it on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_an ... d_lesbians

"Gay men report, on an average, slightly longer and thicker penises than non-gay men.[53][54] "

FUCK.
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
Wic
Apple Class

Postby draque » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:47 pm

Wic wrote:"Gay men report, on an average, slightly longer and thicker penises than non-gay men.[53][54] "

FUCK.

<theorization>
It might be that the ones with bigger junk have stronger sexual hormones, are therefore more sexually motivated and are therefore more likely to come out and self report as gay.
</theorization>
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Idiot Glee » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 pm

draque wrote:
Wic wrote:"Gay men report, on an average, slightly longer and thicker penises than non-gay men.[53][54] "

FUCK.

<theorization>
It might be that the ones with bigger junk have stronger sexual hormones, are therefore more sexually motivated and are therefore more likely to come out and self report as gay.
</theorization>

Or gay guys just fuck more often and really exercise that muscle.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:33 pm

To say nothing of how much more work that muscle gets out of each performance, given the target area.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Coda » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Given the target, larger size seems counterproductive to me.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Well, that depends on what type of product you're aiming for. x.x
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Tychomonger » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:02 pm

Santorum?
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:43 am

An article on Spiegel Online

http://www.spiegel.de/international/wor ... 13,00.html
The Gay Sons of Allah
Wave of Homophobia Sweeps the Muslim World
By Juliane von Mittelstaedt and Daniel Steinvorth
In most Islamic countries, gay men and women are ostracized, persecuted and in some cases
even murdered. Repressive regimes are often fanning the flames of hatred in a bid to outdo
Islamists when it comes to spreading "moral panic."
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Wic » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:55 am

Idiot Glee wrote:
draque wrote:

FUCK.

<theorization>
</theorization>

Or gay guys just fuck more often and really exercise that muscle.

I can see that.

Gay guy 1: Wanna have sex?
Gay guy 2: Yes.

Straight man: Wanna have sex?
Straight woman: No! *bitchslap*
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
Wic
Apple Class

Return to The Political Arena