Zeitgeist - the movie

Postby Anna » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:18 am

I should have placed it in the Media Section, but this films/movies contains a political message.
So it very obvious that it is better to place it here.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Have "fun" if you watch it.

I just discovered it and I don't know if anyone mentioned it here before.
The first views I had were very interesting.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Re: Zeitgeist - the movie

Postby draque » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:38 am

It's a very interesting movie... but I do think that it draws a lot of connections that are tenuous at best. Although I'm an outspoken skeptic of religion, I'm just as skeptical of conspiracy theories leveled against religions.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:21 am

You should have also a look to the "addendum".
The modern kind of slavery.
The bank system.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Ashes » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 am

It's two hours long? Can I get a synopsis?

I'm wary of it. It's setting off all kinds of alarms in my head. The "movement's" message is hidden in long videos, not plainly explained on the website. They use very general and vaguely positive quotes from Dr. Marting Luther King Jr and Gandhi on their website, which don't actually say anything. The video on their main website starts off by attacking their critics directly. The name itself is vague and just way too conceited.

Maybe they're nothing bad about the "Zeitgeist Movement," but I don't have time right now to really find out.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Anna » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:24 am

http://www.downloadhelper.net/
With this "add on" for Firefox, you can download the movies very easy.
They are *.flv files

Here is the player for it.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

The synopsis?
Hm, let's say:
if did follow Jennifer's and Sandi's explanation how the world really works..., then you don't need a synopisis.

I'm watching the "addendum" now.
It's about banking, how money from nothing was created, it's about greed, how other countries get poor, how politics and profit works together.

And you can read the transcript also, just click on the link.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Tychomonger » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:05 am

Ashes wrote:It's two hours long? Can I get a synopsis?

I'm wary of it. It's setting off all kinds of alarms in my head. The "movement's" message is hidden in long videos, not plainly explained on the website. They use very general and vaguely positive quotes from Dr. Marting Luther King Jr and Gandhi on their website, which don't actually say anything. The video on their main website starts off by attacking their critics directly. The name itself is vague and just way too conceited.

Maybe they're nothing bad about the "Zeitgeist Movement," but I don't have time right now to really find out.

Lemme check my external memories...
Wikipedia wrote:The Zeitgeist Movement is a worldwide grassroots movement advocating broad social change concepts, the most significant of which is the transition of modern global society from a monetary based economy to a resource-based economy. The movement describes itself as the activist arm of the The Venus Project, which is the lifelong work of industrial designer and social engineer Jacque Fresco. As of March 16, 2009 the movement claimed to have approximately a quarter-million members.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:40 pm

I must say, the first movie is not acceptable.

The second movie is better. But I don't follow all the argumentations.
Weird and funny is the argumentation that shortly before 9/11 the bush administration had plans to fight the Taliban in Afghanistan.
Please note, the informations about the heroine productions, during the war times and that it was nearly zero before the new invasion began, and now the heroine production is much bigger and higher than ever before..., that implements the USA would force the drug business.
Sorry, that's nonsense, and I hope that it is a mistake in the argumentation line.
That's an example that you have to watch it with a clear mind, and don't step in an argumental trap.
(I still wonder that europe is still not under the full controll of the USA, ahm their big companies, they had time enough, oh a controll is here, but not that much as the movie insists.)
And the second half is... herrje, au weia...
Well it's nice, a big Utopia.
A world without money, whow...
I would like to see this world, but I have very big doubts.
The problem is, it could also be a kind of totalitarianism, a world like this can't work without democratic structures.
A future world like in Star Trek seems to be more realistic.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Return to The Political Arena