Conservative pundits: Obama summit logo a ‘Muslim crescent

Postby RaharuAharu » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:27 pm

REALLY? For Really Really?

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0414/pundit ... t/?success

Conservative pundits: Obama summit logo a ‘Muslim crescent’

For the second time in the past few months, conservative commentators see something sinister in an Obama administration logo.

Following a controversy in February over what some said was a "Muslim crescent" in the logo of the US Missile Defense Agency, some commentators are saying they see the same thing in the thin, white crescent that borders the logo of President Barack Obama's Nuclear Security Summit.

"That’s weird … Obama’s Nuclear Summit logo is an Islamic crest," writes Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit.

The new talking point appears to have started with a New York Post column by Michael Goodwin published on Wednesday.

"The crescent, often with a single or multiple stars, is the main symbol of Islam," Goodwin wrote. "So now there is something like it at an official presidential event, prominently displayed in photographs being beamed around the world."

Goodwin continued: "No, I am not suggesting President Obama is a secret Muslim. But I am certain the crescent-like design of the logo is not a coincidence, especially at an event where Iran's nuclear ambition and al Qaeda's search for a bomb are prime topics.

"Obama has been open about his aim to improve America's relations with Muslims. His bowing and apologies are nauseating, but they are consistent with his goal."

Naturally, Fox News jumped into the fray.

"That's the same thing you see on the flags of Turkey, Algeria, Tunisia and Pakistan," Gretchen Carlson said on Fox & Friends Wednesday. "And what they do they have in common? They're all Muslim nations."

The claim that a crescent in a government logo proves an Obama agenda to court Muslim nations is nearly a word-for-word echo of February's controversy, when the Drudge Report ran images of the Missile Defense Agency's logo, claiming it resembled the flag of a Muslim nation.

"The Obama administration’s determined effort to reduce America’s missile defense capabilities initially seemed to be just standard Leftist fare," blogger Frank Gaffney wrote at BigGovernment, but the new agency logo "suggests, however, that something even more nefarious is afoot."

But in that case, the MDA logo's crescent faced the opposite direction of Muslim nations' flags, and resembled only the flag of the Nation of Islam.

And, as Matt Corley points out at ThinkProgress, an MDA spokesman called the claim "ridiculous" and said the logo had been in use at the agency prior to the 2008 election.

The following video was broadcast on Fox & Friends, Wednesday April 14, 2010, and uploaded to the Web by
media matter.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201004140003
VIDEO LINK
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Re: Conservative pundits: Obama summit logo a ‘Muslim crescent

Postby Monthenor » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:34 pm

I like how they casually bring up "missile defense" as if it worked, and as if diplomacy wasn't a valid missile defense.
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby Anna » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:39 pm

May I suppose?
You americans are insane.

Deeply insane.

This is a logo from a british company I did also work for at once.
Can't say that the graphic guy was muslim.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby draque » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:20 am

Anna wrote:May I suppose?
You americans are insane.

Deeply insane.

This is a logo from a british company I did also work for at once.
Can't say that the graphic guy was muslim.

Whatever you say, Anna Al-Terror. Clearly all symbology that has any sort of curved lines is an oblique sign of support for the Ruskies. Muslims. I meant Muslims, my mistake. People who disagree are only forwarding the curvist agenda (aka Muslim agenda (aka terrorist agenda (aka Democrats))). Also, we need more missiles to protect our NASCAR, football and pork rinds.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:34 pm

No chance to protect "football".
You americans call it soccer, hey..., what's that for a kind of ridiculous name?
The ball is played by foot, no hands are allowed.
And your "Football"?
You carry it under your arm, you throw it with your hands...
and sometimes you use your foot...
Hm...
We play football, real football. Ha!
//]

Ok, in one of the comments of this online article a guy noticed that a croissant would be a french-muslim thing. :wink: ;]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croissant#Origin_stories
Fanciful stories of how the kipfel - and so, ultimately, the croissant - was created are culinary legends, at least one going back to the 19th century.
These include tales that it was invented in Europe to celebrate the defeat of a Muslim invasion at the decisive Battle of Tours by the Franks in 732, with the shape representing the Islamic crescent; that it was invented in Vienna, Austria in 1683 to celebrate the defeat of the Turks to Polish forces in the Turkish siege of the city, as a reference to the crescents on the Turkish flags, when bakers staying up all night heard the tunneling operation and gave the alarm; tales linking croissants with the kifli and the siege of Buda in 1686; and those detailing Marie Antoinette's hankering after a Polish specialty.

So it seems, a shape like this can also be anti-islamistic, yeah!

Are these guys muslim warriors?

#_@
Or this cat guy?
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Idiot Glee » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Anna wrote:No chance to protect "football".
You americans call it soccer, hey..., what's that for a kind of ridiculous name?
The ball is played by foot, no hands are allowed.
And your "Football"?
You carry it under your arm, you throw it with your hands...
and sometimes you use your foot...
Hm...
We play football, real football. Ha!
//]

Soccer - Association Football (that's where that's from)
American Football - Armored Deathsport (seriously, once a week the news reports on the massive number of concussions and brain injuries players sustain)
Flag Football - Fun with a group of evenly matched players

What amazes me, and sadly noone on Fox News has thought of this yet, is that we haven't blown up (along with all who've visited it) the moon for being a Muslim conspiracy... Buzz Aldrin a crypto-Muslim? I don't know, but isn't it suspicious that he's been to the moon that's crescent shaped regularly?
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Anna » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Idiot Glee wrote:...
What amazes me, and sadly noone on Fox News has thought of this yet, is that we haven't blown up (along with all who've visited it) the moon for being a Muslim conspiracy... Buzz Aldrin a crypto-Muslim? I don't know, but isn't it suspicious that he's been to the moon that's crescent shaped regularly?

That's reminds me to a kind of a very old muslim prophecy I once heard, a confirmation of the eternity of faith... "the islam will exist as long as no man will walk on the moon"...
Don' ask me where it comes from and who originally did say it, an expert for the islam said it once in the german TV, long ago.
Well the landing on the moon is 40 years ago... and the islam is still here.
By the way, there are a lot of moons in our solarsystem. :wink:
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby draque » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Anna wrote:Image

So many Muslims! All after AMERIKA for our monster trucks and apple pie!
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Idiot Glee » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:27 pm

Anna wrote:
Idiot Glee wrote:By the way, there are a lot of moons in our solarsystem. :wink:

That's no moon! It's a Muslim conspiracy! err... Yeah!? Well, are any of them crescent shaped? Earth's Moon is a Lunar terrorist! It's not fit to fly that flag or hold our space junk!

The Apollo crews should be rounded up and executed for providing aid and comfort, as well as golf balls, to the terrorist moon!
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby masstreble » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Yeah. This is the level of discourse that the United States runs at. For real. No joke. We put up with this loopy shit at all times. Nothing else is permitted. You turn on the news, and it's like a farce here. It's all just a big game to a lot of people, and there's also a lot of cold, calculating cynicism involved, too. For instance, the people reporting this "story" know better. That's the real scary part, because their friends and allies want to have their guys in power, they want write and direct policy. They want the world at world at their mercy, and sometimes they even win.

Welcome to the good fight, I guess. :exasperated:
masstreble
Blueberry Class Leader

Postby RaharuAharu » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:31 pm

Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to The Political Arena