Sony hackers take it up a notch

Postby Coda » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:40 pm

... and target the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation. (For you non-US people out there, the name "FBI" might be more familiar. It's one of the country's main intelligence agencies.)

http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/fuck_f ... TEMENT.txt

It has come to our unfortunate attention that NATO and our good friend Barrack Osama-Llama 24th-century Obama have recently upped the stakes with regard to hacking. They now treat hacking as an act of war. So, we just hacked an FBI affiliated website (Infragard, specifically the Atlanta chapter) and leaked its user base. We also took complete control over the site and defaced it, check it out if it's still up: http://infragardatlanta.org/

While not very many logins (around 180), we'd like to take the time to point out that all of them are affiliated with the FBI in some way. Most of them reuse their passwords in other places, which is heavily frowned upon in the FBI/Infragard handbook and generally everywhere else too.

One of them, Karim Hijazi, used his Infragard password for his personal gmail, and the gmail of the company he owns. "Unveillance", a whitehat company that specializes in data breaches and botnets, was compromised because of Karim's incompetence. We stole all of his personal emails and his company emails. We also briefly took over, among other things, their servers and their botnet control panel.

After doing so, we contacted Karim and told him what we did. After a few discussions, he offered to pay us to eliminate his competitors through illegal hacking means in return for our silence. Karim, a member of an FBI-related website, was willing to give us money and inside info in order to destroy his opponents in the whitehat world. We even discussed plans for him to give us insider botnet information.

Naturally we were just stringing him along to further expose the corruption of whitehats. Please find enclosed Karim's full contact details and a log of him talking to us through IRC. Also, enjoy 924 of his internal company emails - we have his personal gmail too, unreleased.

We call upon journalists and other writers to delve through the emails carefully, as we have uncovered an operation orchestrated by Unveillance and others to control and assess Libyan cyberspace through malicious means: the U.S. government is funding the CSFI to attack Libya's cyber infrastructure. You will find the emails of all 23 people involved in the emails.

Unveillance was also involved in a scheme where they paid an Indian registrar $2000 to receive 100 domains a month that may be deemed as botnet C&Cs. Shameful ploys by supposed "whitehats".

This is heavy.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Re: Sony hackers take it up a notch

Postby Anna » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 am

Coda wrote:... and target the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation. (For you non-US people out there, the name "FBI" might be more familiar. It's one of the country's main intelligence agencies.)

...he he he...
Do you now how the geman "Military Defense Service" is called in Germany?
Militärischer Abschirmdienst, or short - MAD.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Wic » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 am

It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
Wic
Apple Class

Postby Idiot Glee » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:31 pm

*groan*

Ok so there are a couple different anonymouses (anonymi?), at least as I get it.

There's the /b/ types who post Captain Picard and bears, and all sorts of Rick Astley nonsense. They're nuts, but at least when they aren't committing federal crimes, they're ok. Milhouse is still no meme, I must add.

Then there's the anti-Scientology/free Bradley Manning crowd who mostly do real life protests: RIGHT ON!

Then there's the DDOS guys, uhh yeah that's not effective, except that it makes the news. Even then, they only skim over the motivation to get to the main story "why couldn't I buy that thing yesterday afternoon?"

Then we have the guys who think they can take over the world with their hacking skills. They can get in the door and break stuff, even take some documents, but they can't do much more than vandalism and invasion of privacy. They're venturing so much for so little game, and will pay the price. This set will be rounded up within the year and plea bargain.

Next thing you know they'll try to levitate the Pentagon. @,@
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Coda » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:12 pm

And then there's LulzSec, who's completely unrelated to that Anonymous.

BTW, hackers!Anonymous is actually pretty competent as a group, but the decentralized nature makes it easy for wannabe skiddies to jump in and hack in the name of Anonymous. Don't think for a moment that there aren't GOOD hackers in there that know what they're doing and how to protect themselves.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Return to The Political Arena