The Church Of Scientology

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:11 pm

The church of Scientology is a cult and a scam disguising itself as a religion. My big sister, in her search for a good religion, was taken in by Scientology for a while. Luckily she's always been rather aware, and with our father's help severed her ties to that organization and got back on her feet.

Scientology is a large organization with a lot of money, lawyers, and celebrities. If you aggressively campaign against Scientology, they have the means to legally destroy your life. The only way to counter them is anonymously and en mass.

We Are Anonymous.

Think of it as an awareness campaign.

P.S.:Oh, and that BBC thing too.
It's short for Nicole.
Nick
Apple Class

Re: The Church Of Scientology

Postby Wizard CaT » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:22 pm

They are good enough to get church status in the US! German's still won't grant them that hehe.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby RaharuAharu » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:44 pm

The Very Un-Funny Truth about Scientology.

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/ %<
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

The Church of Rome

Postby Thilia » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:25 pm

The Catholic Church is a cult and a scam disguising itself as a religion. My little sister, in her search for a good religion, was taken in by Catholicism for a while. Luckily she's always been rather aware, and with our father's help severed her ties to that organization and got back on her feet.

The Catholic Church is a large organization with a lot of money, lawyers, and celebrities. If you aggressively campaign against Catholicism, they have the means to legally destroy your life. The only way to counter them is anonymously and en mass.

-Thilia
Thilia
Site Admin

Re: The Church of Rome

Postby Monocheres » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:43 pm

Pompeiian papyrus buried in ash from Vesuvius wrote:The Temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximum is a cult and a scam disguising itself as a religion. My little sister, in her search for a good religion, was taken in by Jovianism for a while. Luckily she's always been rather aware, and with our father's help severed her ties to that organization and got back on her feet.

Jovianism is a large organization with a lot of money, lawyers, and celebrities. If you aggressively campaign against Jovianism, they have the means to legally destroy your life. The only way to counter them is anonymously and en mass.

fragmentary Babylonian cuneiform tablet wrote:The worship of Marduk is ... scam disguising ... sister, in her search ... taken in ... Luckily ... with our father's help severed ... got back ...

Marduk-worship ... lot of money, lawyers ... If you ... they ... legally destroy your life. The only way ... is anonymously and ...
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:35 am

Scientology seems pretty awful, although it is not an isolated incident.

I think the thing separating scientology and, say, the catholic church, is that it's newer (and not tied to any government... yet... boy, that'd suck) and thus gets a totally different reception. People who say "eh, christianity is evil, I read the old testament and the people at my church are dumb, but I want something to believe in. Ooh, this is shiny, and it has just enough of a following to maybe be onto something!"

By the time they hear the hilarious Xenu story with the kitsche nonsense about space planes, they're too mentally and emotionally bashed in by pressure, legal and personal, to be as cognizant and realize how flawed it is; and worse, they're too financially and legally deep in it to get out even when they know it's shit.

So people advance by diving even further into it, getting higher up in the church... or they try to get out, and wind up homeless or dead or otherwise destroyed for it.

Meanwhile, the internet at large thinks it's hilarious for it's admittedly hilarious stories like Xenu, and it gets a somewhat widespread mockery combined with the people who campaign against it.

The church is too enclosed and cordoned off to have loyal follows running around loose quite so rabidly as many Christian sects do, which is why it's rare to see the poor suckers going "omg you and your Xenu YTMNDs are such fools! What is Xenu, anyway? No one's ever talked to me about that. You can't possibly be advanced enough to know OTIII! It's all lies" and other such arguments, unlike all the "controversy" you get if you talk crap about Catholicism.

No doubt those who are on top of the whole thing and trying to keep all the cash in their pockets from falling out and having their armed guards pick up what they drop for them, find the internet mockery disgusting and irritating, but not worth bothering with (I'd hope) since there's so many people trying to actually damage them directly instead of just perpetuating an already well-revealed meme that keeps people from taking it seriously enough to consider in the first place.

Good luck, but I'm not ballsy enough to step beyond being one of the meme-enjoyers and actually hang out with folks bold enough to try to take action.

And that's probably the other reason the money-grubbers don't care about us YTMND-lovin' types. It's like the Borg: they leave you alone if they think you're not going to actually fuck with 'em.

That, and though it's not nearly as big as the people against organized Christianity, it's hopeless to try to stop all the mockery it's going to get. If the catholic church tried to eradicate the blasphemers today, it'd be expensive, difficult, and ultimately unsuccessful, not to mention not politically practical at all. You only try to whack the moles that stick their heads up. That, and the insiders. Poor people.

[This post to be edited out/deleted within 24 hours by request of the Church of Scientology :oops:]
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Idiot Glee » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:45 am

Thilia wrote:The Catholic Church is a cult and a scam disguising itself as a religion. My little sister, in her search for a good religion, was taken in by Catholicism for a while. Luckily she's always been rather aware, and with our father's help severed her ties to that organization and got back on her feet.

The Catholic Church is a large organization with a lot of money, lawyers, and celebrities. If you aggressively campaign against Catholicism, they have the means to legally destroy your life. The only way to counter them is anonymously and en mass.

-Thilia

They once led a intimidation and smear campaign against Voltaire, who had been criticizing their practices in print.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Idiot Glee » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:49 am

Mitsukara wrote:
No doubt those who are on top of the whole thing and trying to keep all the cash in their pockets from falling out

Here's a more disturbing thought: What if they actually believe that stuff? >.<
Hello!

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:52 am

That would make them insane, but more vulnerable potentially. It would be interesting. I tend to automatically assume that major heads of religious organizations didn't get there by being good little believers, but by being cutthroat opportunist politicians... but you never know.
Hello! ^^

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Idiot Glee » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:10 am

Mitsukara wrote:That would make them insane, but more vulnerable potentially. It would be interesting. I tend to automatically assume that major heads of religious organizations didn't get there by being good little believers, but by being cutthroat opportunist politicians... but you never know.

What about being a true believer precludes you from being a cutthroat? It may make you fiercer!
Hello!

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:21 am

Good point. :oops:
Hello! ^^

Mitsukara
Melon Class

Postby Anna » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:42 am

Thilia wrote:The Catholic Church is a cult and a scam disguising itself as a religion. My little sister, in her search for a good religion, was taken in by Catholicism for a while. Luckily she's always been rather aware, and with our father's help severed her ties to that organization and got back on her feet.

-Thilia

Catholicism isn't that worse, as a catholic you had a lot of fun through the last 2000 years.
You do everything you want to do and if you say to a priest: "I'm sorry!" and especially you say it in your last minutes of life, your salvation is perfect.
No matter if you betray, kill, massacre, destroy etc.
And if you don't die, you can do all these things in the future if you do it for God.
Best of all, if you have trouble to survive outside in the world you can become a nun or a monk, getting food, a bed, shelter...
Ok, strict times for praying and so, and some works, but easy works.
And if you're good, makes anyone believe that you do believe, you can become the boss of the convent/monastry.

Scientology can't do that for you.
Tom Cruise is a stupid, he was at first on the way to become a catholic priest, and he gave it all away....
Ooops, just forgot, - in the catholic bureaucracy is a rule, - no sex please!

Well, some can handle it, secretly.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Alfador » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:24 am

Anna wrote:Ooops, just forgot, - in the catholic bureaucracy is a rule, - no sex please!

Well, some can handle it, secretly.

Only if you're into choir boys.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:02 am

Nah, it's one of those supply-and-demand things. The way I figure it, most of them would prefer to sleep with people and/or things other than choir boys, but "if you can't be with the one you love," you know?
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby SilverFeathers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:37 pm

Insert the word "Mormon" over "Catholic" and you'll have what I've heard from ex-Mormons. Insert "Pagan" and you'll hear the same, only without the "money, lawyers, celebrities" part. Insert "demonically" for "legally" in second sentence and you'll hear the current rant against Pagans.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 am

Mormons would be cooler if they still allowed polygamy (or better yet, polyamory).
Hello! ^^

Mitsukara
Melon Class

Postby Idiot Glee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:41 am

Mitsukara wrote:Mormons would be cooler if they still allowed polygamy (or better yet, polyamory).

Yeah but no man is in complete control in polyamory, so that won't fly...
Hello!

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:48 am

Idiot Glee wrote:Yeah but no man is in complete control in polyamory, so that won't fly...

That could technically depend on how into S&M the group was, and how it was divied up. :oops:
Hello! ^^

Mitsukara
Melon Class

Postby Idiot Glee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:54 am

Mitsukara wrote:
Idiot Glee wrote:Yeah but no man is in complete control in polyamory, so that won't fly...

That could technically depend on how into S&M the group was, and how it was divied up. :oops:

Well yeah, but I don't think mormons are into Dom/sub as we know it... I mean they can't even drink caffiene!

*Sips coffee* They must be stopped!
Hello!

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby RaharuAharu » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:27 pm

I have two Scientology videos, one real and one a parody.

REAL Tom Cruise - Scientology Rant (FULL) %<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O2_rZIgrQI

Parody 23/6: Eugene Mirman: Scientologist #_@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9onb8RcVnmE
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Next

Return to The Political Arena