Prison plates?

The original retro-pixel mangastrip

Prison plates?

Postby SilverFeathers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:13 am

I was listening to George Carlin this morning and now I'm wondering...

Are there any splays that have designated plates for the... non-lawabiding... members of society?
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Re: Prison plates?

Postby Thilia » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:26 pm

SilverFeathers wrote:I was listening to George Carlin this morning and now I'm wondering...

Are there any splays that have designated plates for the... non-lawabiding... members of society?

Funny you should ask, but yes.

There is a splay where the only major industry is a prison that makes license plates for lawbreakers. Since all members of the society except for a small but growing percentage are lawbreakers, the place is a beehive of activity. The only real threat to the economy is those lawabiding members of society, who represent the ever-growing class of deviants. If enough people become lawabiding, it reduces the number of plates needed. That causes an economic downturn and could lead to unrest or possible civil war.

That's why authorities have to keep a close eye on those who potential troublemakers who tear around town without designated plates.

-Thilia
Thilia
Site Admin

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:41 pm

I thought he meant like, worldplates.

I've also found recently that having a thick skull is nice because it makes my head look bigger. One size fits all hats don't fit though, so it's kinda a trade off. (That's actually true, one size does not fit all, even with a size adjuster.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby SilverFeathers » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Mitsukara wrote:I thought he meant like, worldplates.

I did, but... but... *blinks* Wait... so criminals are law abiding and the law abiding are citizens so the good are bad and the bad are good and if you're good you're bad and if you're bad you're good and... and... and...

*explodes in a pluff of feathers*
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Thilia » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:10 am

SilverFeathers wrote:
Mitsukara wrote:I thought he meant like, worldplates.

I did, but... but... *blinks* Wait... so criminals are law abiding and the law abiding are citizens so the good are bad and the bad are good and if you're good you're bad and if you're bad you're good and... and... and...

*explodes in a pluff of feathers*

Well, damn. I must have slipped into the wrong universe. No wonder everything seems so weird here.

Where I come from, George Carlin is a famous televangelist who leads the Church of the Toledo Windowbox.

Sorry. I'll be headed back to where I originated.

Oh, and remember to splay and neuter your parts.

OK, I'm gone.

-Thila
Thilia
Site Admin

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:22 pm

I dunno, a prison plate seems bad. They could just throw a rock off and start a Stormfall! Take that civilization! //]
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:33 am

It would have to be a very large rock. Hundreds of meters across, at the very least. I think a civilization that could do that would have better things to do than blow itself up out of spite (since, after all, they would be among the first victims of their own stormfall).
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:59 am

Well, if they had designated plates for specific crimes... I imagine the violent offenders would either kill each other off, or band together to take out the plate of political prisoners next plate over.

Or they'd just form a right wicked rugby team.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby strange_person » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Where would you put the people who've misused knowledge of aeronautical engineering, or (worse yet) genocidal geologists?
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby SilverFeathers » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 am

strange_person wrote:Where would you put the people who've misused knowledge of aeronautical engineering, or (worse yet) genocidal geologists?

...give them their own reality TV series on cable?
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby EdwardJK22 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 am

There is a splay the place that the merely significant market is usually a dejecting prison that makes permission clothing intended for lawbreakers. Given that most members of the community with the exception of a little although developing percent tend to be lawbreakers, the area is usually a beehive of task. The sole threat on the financial system will be these lawabiding members of community, that signify the particular ever-growing course of deviants. When enough men and women become lawabiding, this lowers how many clothing needed. That creates an economic depression in addition to can lead to unrest as well as doable city battle.
EdwardJK22
Welcome, New User!

Return to Unicorn Jelly