A call to all Fans of Unicorn Jelly!

The original retro-pixel mangastrip

A call to all Fans of Unicorn Jelly!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Tue May 26, 2009 11:10 pm

It seems that Amazon has picked up Unicorn Jelly in both paperback and Hardback, and that is kind of amazing to me.

I wonder if you might do me a big favor and go give the books a nice, shiny review? I'd like to see them do well.

Now I won't make anything off of this - as mentioned many times before, we don't really make any profit to speak of, off of book sales.

But then, Unicorn Jelly wasn't published to get me rich - that would be impossible in any case. It exists as a book because fans thought it was worthwhile to have that happen, and they made it happen. The Society of Mundis, some of them are you, here, perhaps.

But it matters greatly to me that it should be owned by many people, read by many people. That Amazon is offering it makes that happen all the better. It would be wonderful if... Unicorn Jelly was even noticed at all, on Amazon. That would be something.

So, if you want to help, by writing a quick, glowy review, to raise its status in the world, here are the links:

Hardback on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Unicorn-Jelly-Jennifer-Diane-Reitz/dp/B0025UJ72U/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243386272&sr=8-3

Paperback on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Unicorn-Jelly-Jennifer-Diane-Reitz/dp/1430321652/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1243386272&sr=8-1
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Re: A call to all Fans of Unicorn Jelly!

Postby Plasman » Wed May 27, 2009 1:07 am

Maybe now I can order a copy through my bookstore, instead of having to order one online.
(It sucks not having a credit card... :frown: )
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Anna » Wed May 27, 2009 1:54 am

Allright, Plasman was the first to answer Jennifer.
At first I didn't want to post here, because anyone reads Jennifer's postings, but everyone ignores mine, :wink: :P
(Well Jennifer, ignore my PM.)

he he he
Eldenath made the first US review, :rofl:

Aaaaand..., Pastel Defender Heliotrope in the US amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/Pastel-Defender-H ... 566&sr=1-1

German amazon
The review is not by me...
(and she's not a member of the forum... unique, a fan who is not in the forum... wow!) :wink: :mrgreen:
http://www.amazon.de/Unicorn-Jelly-Jenn ... _rhf_p_t_1
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Plasman » Thu May 28, 2009 11:25 am

I did SO read your message, Anna!!! :P It's just I read this one first... and I didn't want to duplicate myself!
(That's so annoying, having to put up with one's duplicate... lucky I dug that quicklime pit, then... :twisted: )

Anyway, I'm going to try and order the book again. It seems that the bookstore's website lists the paperback edition now, so there's a better chance of the clerk actually knowing what I'm babbling about! (I want the hardcover edition, but beggars can't be choosers.)

By the way, I feel bad that you're not getting any sort of payment for the book, Jennifer (apart from the satisfaction that someone is reading your work). I may have to get better acquainted with PayPal, though living with different currencies is going to be a hassle...

EDIT: Is that your review on the book's Lulu site, Anna? I know you already have the book...
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Plasman » Thu May 28, 2009 11:50 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:It seems that Amazon has picked up Unicorn Jelly in both paperback and Hardback, and that is kind of amazing to me.

Why, exactly? I'd think that a site like Amazon would try to get as many books on its system as possible, and your creation is a book... ;]

I also noticed this... No cover image yet, but
^v^
________
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Monocheres » Thu May 28, 2009 11:51 pm

Congratulations, Jennifer! I have one word to say about this development:

Coooooooooool... !
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby draque » Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 am

Done and done. ^^
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:10 am

That hardback link Jennifer posted doesn't work any more, but the paperback one still does. If you like it, buy it!
(Hope my review is ok...)
________
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to Unicorn Jelly