Trislmaistan reference spotted!

The original retro-pixel mangastrip

Trislmaistan reference spotted!

Postby flammifer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:06 am

This post at the most awesome "Overcoming Bias" blog reminded me of something ...
flammifer
Our New Friend

Re: Trislmaistan reference spotted!

Postby Alfador » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:53 pm

...8O

...That has to be deliberate.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Yeah, this person has read Unicorn Jelly.

Somewhere in Tegmark's Level IV Multiverse, then, there have undoubtedly been cases where intelligence arises somewhere in a universe with physics unlike this one - i.e., instead of a planet, life arises on a gigantic triangular plate hanging suspended in the void - and that intelligence accidentally destroys its world, perhaps its universe, in the course of a physics experiment.

Maybe they experiment with alchemy, bring together some combination of substances that were never brought together before, and catalyze a change in their atmosphere. Or maybe they manage to break their triangular plate, whose pieces fall and break other triangular plates.
It's short for Nicole.
Nick
Apple Class

Postby draque » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:54 am

Good eye, there. That's definitely intentional. A number of responses to the post mention the connection as well.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby flammifer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:31 am

Well, I pointed out the origin of the reference in the comments, but someone else also noticed it (independantly, it seems).
flammifer
Our New Friend

Postby Atifgg » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:08 am

What I'd like to know is: Why aren't they included as smilies in the forum? I'm a little surprised they aren't already!
It wouldn't be hard to do, since the existing stickers and smilies are just dressed up typographical characters. You'd just need to associate each swearword's text with its equivalent Talcryl symbol.

It would be fun to see what happens when someone types in the word "$h!t" and sees their word transformed into a symbol meaning, well, "$h!t". I thought they were funny once I understood what they really meant, at least, and it would be an extra surprise for the new forumites who hadn't yet worked it out.

Postby stefano2015 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:57 am

Nice forum, greets to everybody:)
stefano2015
Welcome, New User!

Return to Unicorn Jelly