Alikat is on Temporary Ban

These are the official rules of the Unicorn Jelly Forum

Re: Alikat is on Temporary Ban

Postby Idiot Glee » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:12 am

Wizard CaT wrote:
A septic tank is a nice place too for certain bacteria.

Wait, what?

I'm sure that didn't come out right for you.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Pharmakeus Ubik » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 pm

If you'd like to slander California, (and by extension, Californians,) please just lay your calumnies out plainly. I've seen it compared to granola before, but a septic tank?!

Idiot Glee wrote:
Wizard CaT wrote:

Wait, what?

A man without god is just like a fish, without a bycicle
Pharmakeus Ubik
Kumquat Class

Location: Crossing the land of Bjornsstrand, the land of dark forces, on the way to North Malden.

Postby SilverFeathers » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Pharmakeus Ubik wrote:If you'd like to slander California, (and by extension, Californians,) please just lay your calumnies out plainly. I've seen it compared to granola before, but a septic tank?!

Idiot Glee wrote:
Wizard CaT wrote:

Wait, what?

People in my parts are just patiently waiting for Cali to break off and fall into the ocean so we can have oceanfront property and can stop planting fake lakes all around the state and then wondering why we have sudden humidity and bug problems and why our rainy seasons are all squirreled up.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Wizard CaT » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Idiot Glee wrote:
Wizard CaT wrote:

Wait, what?

Well you said Cali was a nice place. So I said a septic tank was a nice place too, for bacteria. As in anything can be a nice place if you phrase it right. As what Ubik said (I think, I had to use dictionary.com) it wasn't a direct comparison, but it'd be easy to read between the lines.

Also Silver, Cali isn't going to break off, just move up to Washington.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:37 am

There's always somewhere worse off than where you happen to be right now. And vice versa.
You get used to where you grow up, and move away accordingly, or not.

Also, happy Alikat is alive and safe(?) and hopes she speaks to Jennifer eventually.
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby SilverFeathers » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Wizard CaT wrote:
Idiot Glee wrote:
Wizard CaT wrote:

Wait, what?

Well you said Cali was a nice place. So I said a septic tank was a nice place too, for bacteria. As in anything can be a nice place if you phrase it right. As what Ubik said (I think, I had to use dictionary.com) it wasn't a direct comparison, but it'd be easy to read between the lines.

Also Silver, Cali isn't going to break off, just move up to Washington.

So long as we get that oceanfront in Yuma...

Actually, Cali can take Yuma with it. We don't mind. There's smeg-all there anyway.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Pharmakeus Ubik » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:42 pm

As far as I can tell, the entire USA is falling into the ocean, so dreamy dreams that the mother is going to gift you a slice of strand at the expense of millions of lives seems as meaningful and meaningless as any other dream.
A man without god is just like a fish, without a bycicle
Pharmakeus Ubik
Kumquat Class

Location: Crossing the land of Bjornsstrand, the land of dark forces, on the way to North Malden.

Postby Plasman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 pm

Aren't all the ocean levels going to rise up within the next century anyway?
So just about anywhere hilly at the moment is likely to become "waterfront property" in the future... :sweatbead:
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby marinschild » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:58 pm

The midlands of South Carolina were supposed to be covered with water in the distant past. Unfortunately I moved to the midlands two years ago. How long does it take to learn to snorkel?
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby Monocheres » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 am

Have you noticed how they aren't using the term "Global Warming" any more? Now it's "Climate Change". That's because average global temperatures for the last ten years have been down. We're heading for another Ice Age. Forget the snorkel, invest in snowshoes.

Of course it's a corollary to Murphy's Law that everything east of the San Andreas fault is doomed to break off and fall into the sea.
Last edited by Monocheres on Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:07 am

Actually it's because increasing the global average temperature does not result in a uniform increase to all local temperatures. If the icecaps melt, that's going to mess up a lot of wind and current patterns, so some areas will get colder.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby SilverFeathers » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:46 am

All I know is that it was like, 83 degrees here yesterday but its only expected to be 76 and cloudy today.

I suspect it may be a rather warm summer again. Then again, it's always a warm summer here.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Plasman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:55 am

The summer we've had in our area of Australia started off very cool - December saw more rain than it had for years, and everyone I knew was going about asking, "Where the heck is summer?" :doubtful:
And then, it came... and suddenly we were seeing record heatwaves of 45 degrees Celsius. :sweatbead:

As for the whole "climate change/global warming" matter... It seems to be more of a political label than a scientific decree. At the moment I'm settling for "wait and see", though I am also trying to recycle, use less water, etc.

Also... we seem to have sailed far from the original theme - who wants to start up a new topic for this?
________
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby SilverFeathers » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:49 am

Plasman wrote:The summer we've had in our area of Australia started off very cool - December saw more rain than it had for years, and everyone I knew was going about asking, "Where the heck is summer?" :doubtful:
And then, it came... and suddenly we were seeing record heatwaves of 45 degrees Celsius. :sweatbead:

I'm on the flip of the hemisphere and it's technically still winter. It's 74F/23C right now. Our normal summer temps are between 100F/38C and 115F+/46C+. Hottest it's topped out here is 122F/50C.

I think it's gonna be a warm summer unless the heavy rains come soon or we get a pre-spring cold snap.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Wic » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:37 am

Woah. Apparently I CAN browse over a whole dramatic thread without even noticing it.

I can't believe this is happening. Or happened. I actually checked the date of Tychomonger's post because I thought this was just an April Fool's joke.

Do you think it's kosher to reply to posts almost a month old? Cuz im doing it now.

Anna wrote:Our impulse controll is not working correct. That's typicall for people with ADD.

Deleting a person twice in 20 minutes timeframe or removing a person's posts one by one isn't impulsive behaviour. I have an Asperger's, but that's my problem. I don't want to comform other people to live it with, especially when the fault is in my brains, not theirs. There's always some leeway to find a solution to the problem. Quoth a well known aforism; there's only one thing in this universe you change, and that's you.

The rest of your post sounds reasonable, Anna.

Since this is the internet, I can quote my own blog to have another moral on this story;

*snip*

"Do not look at my finger, look at the moon im pointing at." Buddha would say.
I also prefer the Confucius' version of it "When a wise man points at the moon, an idiot looks at the finger." Or the internet version, "A man points at the moon but the dog only licks the finger."

*snip*

Right, so where was I? Oh yea. Keeping the moon and the finger in the mind, it's quite obvious the finger is the troll. The troll is pointing at your own insecurities, and you get mad because they're exposed to the world, and worse, to yourself. Instead of going to yourself and working on the insecurities to make yourself stronger, you blame the finger, not the moon. You want to throw the teacher outside the class. You're like a child, thinking the teacher is evil because she wants you to eat your broccoli. You don't understand that you feel emotional pain for a reason.

Look at the moon, you idiot! Why do you get so mad? If you really were what you claim to be, you'd know how to handle opposing information correctly. Don't shield it by bans and whining. Go on, FEED the troll, no matter what they're saying! If you ignore the troll, you ignore the problem. Problems are supposed to be solved. Converse with the troll, have some practice. This is internet afterall, nobody REALLY cares what you say. Who knows, you might one day meet a hatemonger that really opposes you. Armed with the training with the troll and your own new-found intelligent you'll be the one who makes the smart-ass cry before you. Then you can have your shits and giggles instead of the troll.

It does not matter are the trolls 12 year old kids doing it for shits and giggles. To me, they're the Dark Riders of the Internet, doing the thing other people hate because it is needed. They take the bullets so you wouldn't be brainwashed and needlessly nurtured by like-minded thinking. Thank the trolls, because of them, you ain't a sheep.
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
Wic
Apple Class

Postby Sumpfpflanze » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Wic wrote:
*snip*

"Do not look at my finger, look at the moon im pointing at." Buddha would say.
I also prefer the Confucius' version of it "When a wise man points at the moon, an idiot looks at the finger." Or the internet version, "A man points at the moon but the dog only licks the finger."

*snip*

Right, so where was I? Oh yea. Keeping the moon and the finger in the mind, it's quite obvious the finger is the troll. The troll is pointing at your own insecurities, and you get mad because they're exposed to the world, and worse, to yourself. Instead of going to yourself and working on the insecurities to make yourself stronger, you blame the finger, not the moon. You want to throw the teacher outside the class. You're like a child, thinking the teacher is evil because she wants you to eat your broccoli. You don't understand that you feel emotional pain for a reason.

Look at the moon, you idiot! Why do you get so mad? If you really were what you claim to be, you'd know how to handle opposing information correctly. Don't shield it by bans and whining. Go on, FEED the troll, no matter what they're saying! If you ignore the troll, you ignore the problem. Problems are supposed to be solved. Converse with the troll, have some practice. This is internet afterall, nobody REALLY cares what you say. Who knows, you might one day meet a hatemonger that really opposes you. Armed with the training with the troll and your own new-found intelligent you'll be the one who makes the smart-ass cry before you. Then you can have your shits and giggles instead of the troll.

It does not matter are the trolls 12 year old kids doing it for shits and giggles. To me, they're the Dark Riders of the Internet, doing the thing other people hate because it is needed. They take the bullets so you wouldn't be brainwashed and needlessly nurtured by like-minded thinking. Thank the trolls, because of them, you ain't a sheep.

That's extremely true. One of the best writings I've read in regard of trolls.
By: somewhat troll myself also, at certain places and on certain subjects
Seven is a prosperous number which reveals the dual cosmic forces of our world. To bring forth much happiness to the village, a girl of seven is sacrificed to the gods.
Sumpfpflanze
Welcome, New User!

Location: Small town with barracks full of ts-phobic testosterone bulls on the arctic wasteland of Finland

Postby SilverFeathers » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:20 am

Sumpfpflanze wrote:
That's extremely true. One of the best writings I've read in regard of trolls.
By: somewhat troll myself also, at certain places and on certain subjects

Your avatar is to cute to be attached to a troll... maybe a gnome or a kobold, yes, but not a troll... *cuddle* ^*^
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Previous

Return to The Rules Of The Forum