Alikat is on Temporary Ban

These are the official rules of the Unicorn Jelly Forum

Re: Alikat is on Temporary Ban

Postby Wizard CaT » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:52 pm

Well nothing is really deleted on the internet, it's a giant tape recorder :P

Jenny, I dunno if you should really do applications for forum moderators. I mean people who seek power normally aren't good at using it.

Editing a post is fine. It's your words do what you like. I might if I misspell or a link doesn't work. I normally don't redact my own posts though.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby draque » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:48 am

In general, my personal rule is that I'll change/edit things in a post I make without any kind of compunctions up until the point where someone else replies to it, at which point, I don't ever edit it.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:55 am

Where is Alikat, by the way? Her profile link says "requested user does not exist."
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Anna » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:12 am

Ooops, indeed.
I hope Jennifer didn't push the wrong button?

And my second hope is, Alikat come back.

Ahm, can we delete ourself???? That's new.
If not, - JENNIFER! Fix it!
If yes, - I did say nothing.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby draque » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:45 pm

That's very curious... her posts and user pic are still up on the board, and her post count is where it should be. This means that her account can't be irretrievably lost...
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:00 am

Hm, if Alikat has nothing to do with it and she is outside by a wrong read instruction manual... (or a simply bug, which reacts this way by ban-matters)
So I would like to suggest that Alikat should create a new account: "Alikat/Reloaded".
Well, it could be also a new beginning and a new chance, psychological. :mrgreen:
C'mon, every one of us has a bad week a few times during the year, so jump into the cold water, and trust me, cats can swim!
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby SilverFeathers » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:18 am

Could she have deleted her own account over this...? >.<
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:53 pm

I cannot find any way to contact Alikat. She has blocked all communication with any Otakuworld.com email address from her side. I asked Eldenath to contact her using a Gmail account, but there has been no reply. She doesn't seem to have any other presence on the internet of note that I can determine; if anybody else can, let me know.

Alikat has... issues. She is also extremely manic depressive. One of the biggest issues she has is with perceived loyalty; she has always been sort of the 'you support your friend whether right or wrong' worldview, whereas I have always been of the ' you follow your ethical code no matter what it costs' worldview.

This means that in choosing my ethical code above supporting her regardless of her actions, it is possible that I have so offended her that further contact may be impossible for the rest of my life. The last time an incident akin to this happened, a decade passed before she would speak with me again, and it was more of a misunderstanding than a direct stand on my part.

'Law and order' versus 'good old boys network', really. Very ironic considering the discussion that caused this embraced a loathing of police officers supporting each other regardless of right or wrong. Nevertheless, a clash of worldviews.

I am very inflexible, at times, about my ethics, and Alikat feels very deeply about friends backing each other up no matter what.

It can cost very dearly to follow a defined code of ethical conduct, rather than supporting friends no matter what.

This incident may have cost me Alikat. I desperately hope not.

Alikat is very dear to me.

But, apparently, my personal ethical judgment of what is fair is more dear to me, and that can be taken as an offense, in a given mindset. I can understand that view, but I do not share it.

For me, this has been a tragic outcome.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby SilverFeathers » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:For me, this has been a tragic outcome.

>.< -.- ^*^
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby draque » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I cannot find any way to contact Alikat. She has blocked all communication with any Otakuworld.com email address from her side. I asked Eldenath to contact her using a Gmail account, but there has been no reply. She doesn't seem to have any other presence on the internet of note that I can determine; if anybody else can, let me know.

Alikat has... issues. She is also extremely manic depressive. One of the biggest issues she has is with perceived loyalty; she has always been sort of the 'you support your friend whether right or wrong' worldview, whereas I have always been of the ' you follow your ethical code no matter what it costs' worldview.

Right or wrong, I'm sorry that any kind of my involvement might have lead to a schism between the two of you like this. I've known people like that, and have found it very difficult to maintain friendships with them simply because they demand that I bear loyalty to them above all else in the world. This is frustrating, given that typically I would prefer to remain friends... but I am unwilling to abandon my own philosophies for the sake of their comfort.

I hope she turns up again and things between you two aren't irreparably damaged : (. Is there any way you could try to contact her through a meatspace address or mutual friends that interact with her in person?
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monocheres » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:The last time an incident akin to this happened, a decade passed before she would speak with me again, and it was more of a misunderstanding than a direct stand on my part.

Just a request for clarification: By "she", are you still referring to Alikat herself here, or somebody else you had a similar incident with?

[Edit: Urk, looks like some stray text snuck in here? Took it out.]
Last edited by Monocheres on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monthenor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:18 pm

Monocheres wrote:
Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:The last time an incident akin to this happened, a decade passed before she would speak with me again, and it was more of a misunderstanding than a direct stand on my part.

Just a request for clarification: By "she", are you still referring to Alikat herself here, or somebody else you had a similar incident with?

Alikat.

The first time we communicated in all those years was when she joined these forums.

Wrong button, dear.
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby Anna » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:37 am

Wer nicht für mich ist, ist gegen mich.
Who is not for me, is against me, german proverb.

I hate that kind of statement, it makes more "kaputt" than every other thing and it shrinks your world.
I believe in grey.

However, I don't believe that Alikat is reading now the forum or the rest of the Jennyverse.
She's gone.
Allright, her turn.
Yes, Jennifer, it does damn hurt, es tut verdammt weh.
Fact is, Alikat was going to far, it is her fault, and she has to take the consequences.
If she can't jump over her shadow, then she's to weak.

Alikat, I know, you don't read here anymore, but I will write it down.
It is allright to feel sad, depressed, to feel misunderstood.
And your bad experiences, as Jennifer mentioned, gives you the feeling that your acting is correct.
Wrong, it isn't.
It is correct to "punish" us, the forumites, with disregard.
But you must understand, how big and understandable your anger was, deleting a member was wrong, - simple.
Jennifer has forgiven you, she removed your ban before the time.
I, a member of this forum, accept that.

Now your behavior is unjust, unjustified,
you don't need to talk with us,
but you should have to talk with Jennifer or with the rest of the Fab Four in Olympia.
Don't throw a friendship overboard.
I wouldn't do that so easy, loneliness is the curse in my life.

But if it is easy for you, so was there a real friendship?

Don't answer me, phone to Olympia.
And Jennifer, you don't have to inform us.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Plasman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:56 am

Alikat, I'm sorry if my response to you within that topic contributed to your departure in any way. (They probably didn't, that whole topic got a bit soupy long after I posted, but anyway..)

I hope you and Jennifer get to patch things up, at least. That is more important than anything forum-related at this time. :|

Also -
Jennifer wrote:I honestly think that to be good, one must understand one's own bad.

I'm so already there. I've spent most of my life trying to work out why it is we do what we do, and what it is that we are capable of. I guess recent events (both here and I.R.L.) have shown me plenty.
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:55 am

A possible explanation for argumentative breakdowns:

http://www.overcomingbias.com/2007/10/i ... l-dis.html
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Pharmakeus Ubik » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:58 am

Alikat is alive and well and living in California. I saw her Monday. Her cats still love her. Nothing to see here. Move along people, move along.
A man without god is just like a fish, without a bycicle
Pharmakeus Ubik
Kumquat Class

Location: Crossing the land of Bjornsstrand, the land of dark forces, on the way to North Malden.

Postby Wizard CaT » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Pharmakeus Ubik wrote:Alikat is alive and well and living in California. I saw her Monday. Her cats still love her. Nothing to see here. Move along people, move along.

Obviously full of lies. Cats only love food and catnip!
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monocheres » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Pharmakeus Ubik wrote:Alikat is alive and well and living in California.

Alive and well ... in California. Isn't that an oxymoron?
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Idiot Glee » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Monocheres wrote:

*ehem*

I'm alive and well in California too. It's a nice place, which needs a overhauled state constitution; but it is a nice place.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Wizard CaT » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:05 am

Idiot Glee wrote:
Monocheres wrote:

*ehem*

I'm alive and well in California too. It's a nice place, which needs a overhauled state constitution; but it is a nice place.

A septic tank is a nice place too for certain bacteria.
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

PreviousNext

Return to The Rules Of The Forum