The PAX Photo Tour!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:21 am

Come see my trip to PAX!

http://takozushi.com/Omake_Main.html

Just click the go stone labled 'PAX 2009'. Hurray!
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Re: The PAX Photo Tour!

Postby Relee » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:47 pm

That was neat. ^.^

Do you have a lot of these backgrounds just waiting to be used, or did you make that just for your photojournal? They're very detailed and complex, so I imagine it takes an hour or two to make one at least, and that seems like a lot of work after you've just got home from a trip. ^.^
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Relee wrote:That was neat. ^.^

Do you have a lot of these backgrounds just waiting to be used, or did you make that just for your photojournal? They're very detailed and complex, so I imagine it takes an hour or two to make one at least, and that seems like a lot of work after you've just got home from a trip. ^.^

I've been doing backgrounds a lot as part of getting the Takozushi site up and running - it is a large part of the work. Most of making a website for me is drawing the components; backdrops, buttons, logos, and such. The look and feel IS the website, really, otherwise it is just a bunch of text on a flat background.

I did all the art, though, before my trip to PAX. I've been kind of sick since I came back. I've got what Elde has, though to a lesser degree - I don't seem to have a fever, and my lungs aren't as badly hit. But... we have the flu from PAX. It sucks.

I do not have enough energy to draw stuff. But pictures from a camera? I can slap those up easy enough. Well, easier... it wore me out, but I wanted to do it and it was a distraction from being sick.

What suck; my first trip to PAX and they have to have a swine flu breakout! I went to PAX and all I got was H1N1.

On the plus side, it doesn't seem as bad as they make out. It's nasty on the lungs, but I've had worse flu. So far, anyway.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Relee » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:34 pm

Every convention has the plague. Furries call it The Con Crud. You get a whole mess of people from all over the country, all over the world, bringing their local disease mutations all into one central place, passing them around like calling cards, then going home and spreading them further.

I think a great example of that would be an episode of the modern Dr. Who series, where in the far future after the Earth is destroyed, the far-flung humans of the universe all get nostalgic and head for a single planet called New Earth, bringing bizzare alien diseases from all corners of the universe and letting them interact.

Also it had catgirl nurse-nuns.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Anna » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:...
What suck; my first trip to PAX and they have to have a swine flu breakout! I went to PAX and all I got was H1N1.

On the plus side, it doesn't seem as bad as they make out. It's nasty on the lungs, but I've had worse flu. So far, anyway.

There is one good thing.
If you all survive..., you are immune from now on.

Well, but not immune against the usual flu.
You still should protect yourself against it, after you did recover.
Think about it.

It's really a shame that your present health programe in the USA is such ... ridiculous.
They showed photos here, a large crowd of people, in big halls, stadiums, waiting for doctor and medical help.
Pictures like from the third world, - and you call yourself a civilized nation?
Come on, wake up!
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Ashes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Jennifer, PAX looks amazing! Absolutely wonderful! The floor full of SUMO bean bag chairs is just mind blowing. Those chairs cost at least $150 each!
@,@

I hope to be able to go someday.

P.S.; Please put larger versions of the pictures up somewhere? They look fascinating, but they're tiny and hard to see.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Tychomonger » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:13 pm

Right click and view image. Or do whatever you silly mac people do to get context menus.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Ashes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:35 pm

Tychomonger wrote:Right click and view image.

Thankyou. I didn't think of that. It's unusual for a website to shrinkify images like that. Usually what you see is what you get, and you have to click a link (or the image is a link) to get to a larger copy.

Some of the images got a bit bigger, but not much bigger. A lot of the images (and the first image) stayed the same size.

Tychomonger wrote:Or do whatever you silly mac people do to get context menus.

Silly Mac people hold down the Option key and click. Sensible Mac people use the two-button mouse which came with their Mac.

Also we prefer to be called Apple-Americans thankyouverymuch!
#_@
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Coda » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Ashes wrote:
Tychomonger wrote:Right click and view image.

Thankyou. I didn't think of that. It's unusual for a website to shrinkify images like that. Usually what you see is what you get, and you have to click a link (or the image is a link) to get to a larger copy.

Some of the images got a bit bigger, but not much bigger. A lot of the images (and the first image) stayed the same size.

Tychomonger wrote:Or do whatever you silly mac people do to get context menus.

Silly Mac people hold down the Option key and click. Sensible Mac people use the two-button mouse which came with their Mac.

Also we prefer to be called Apple-Americans thankyouverymuch!
#_@

Isn't the Mighty Mouse technically a FIVE-button mouse? Also, it's ctrl+click, not option+click. ;) Although some programs also support cmd+click.

If you're on a MacBook, it's two fingers on the touchpad + click (this is what I do most of the time), unless you're on one of the new unibody ones, at which point it's "click in the bottom-right corner".
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Monthenor » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:16 pm

Tychomonger wrote:Right click and view image. Or do whatever you silly mac people do to get context menus.

Oh man I had forgotten all about those attributes of the img tag. I haven't seen that for a long time. Going back to the PAX pages! I need to see that sea of sumo up close!

And jeez, I've talked about making the pilgrimage out to PAX one of these years, but the work schedule never seems to...work...I'm glad I missed the paxpox. Maybe next year I can mosey on out on the train.
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby Plasman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 am

PAX looks a hell of a lot better than that Game On expo I went to last year. It looks like you were actually able to play some of the games on show!
And that was so cute how you "old folks" needed to stop and rest on bean bags every few hours... :P But hey, you survived.

On another note, I like the backgrounds and application of the Omake pages. 8)
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to That Jennifer Person