Missing Jenny Found At Last: Hiding In Nunnery

Postby Ashes » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Or perhaps this is an alternate-universe Jennifer who's mover malfunctioned, leaving her stranded in this splay?

Actually, it turns out this woman has an interesting story of her own
http://www.aegis.org/news/misc/1992/tr921001.html

It's been a hell of a ride. Sister Mary Elizabeth, in her 54 years, has been both witness to and product of the passionate controversies that forged the the latter half of the American Century. In 1957, as a stalwart Cold War-generation Southern Baptist, she went to Memphis, Tennessee to teach electronics at the Naval Air Technical Training Center, submarine warfare division, and saw first-hand the meanness of segregation and the birth of the civil rights movement. The year 1968 found her in Vietnam, flying missions into and out of Tan Son Nhut and Cam Ranh Bay. In '88 she was at the heart of a sexual politics scandal that nearly capsized the Anglican order that she had co-founded, the Sisters of St. Elizabeth of Hungary. For the past three years she has worked with and served men and women held hostage to AIDS. Ultimately, her unique take on the world was formed by two matters at once personal and public; her steely devotion to Jesus Christ and her physical transformation via sex-reassignment surgery.

"Don't write about that," she says from her office in San Juan Capistrano. "Don't write about me -- I'm not the story. My work is the story."
Ashes
Melon Class

Re: Missing Jenny Found At Last: Hiding In Nunnery

Postby Anna » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 am

Oohh! Woooow!

It seems more, she's the missing twin sister, only her age says "no" to this supposition.

Yes, I do believe in parallel universes and as I wrote before, sometimes I really think I'd switch from one to another (but maybe our world is simply to weird and mad and stupid), but I've never heard that two universes could merge together.

But it is also possible that you discovered the secret identy of CATH-WOMAN, ...oh my God, it's Jennifer!

//]
^v^
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Plasman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:21 am

Ha ha! A nunnery would probably be the last place you'd find "our" Jennifer. ;]

Having said that, though, good luck to Sister Mary for providing support for those who needed it. Having AIDS in the 1990s would have been hard, especially in such an isolated area; so it's good that someone cared enough to set up a resource like this for the community. :D
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Coda » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:18 am

Plasman wrote:Ha ha! A nunnery would probably be the last place you'd find "our" Jennifer. ;]

Well hey, if she had to hide, that would be the last place anyone would look for her. It almost worked for Whoopi Goldberg.
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

Postby juttt45 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:27 am

I really think I'd switch from one to another (but maybe our world is simply to weird and mad and stupid), but I've never heard that two universes could merge together.???
juttt45
Welcome, New User!

Return to That Jennifer Person