Jennifer? We hope you're well!

Postby Idiot Glee » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Some doggerel I wrote, partly in thanks, partly from concern.

- - -

She has done so very much
for groups that need a voice.
Gathered people near and far
every one by choice.

Her comics and her forums bring so
many nice folks around.
Why from this group, oh this I know
my true good friends I found.

The Creatrix so good to the world
has saved my life at least.
For to the frightened little girls
the world can be a beast.

To so many people Jennifer
has been a great big help.
So a message must be sent to her
WE WISH AND HOPE YOU WELL!

We'd like to thank you Jennifer
for everything you've done.
Whatever you're doing and where
we hope you're having fun.

- - -

Seriously we all wish you well and wish you'd check in, a couple of us are even worried about you.
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Re: Jennifer? We hope you're well!

Postby Nick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Jennifer, if it weren't for you I would never have met my true love. You also helped me cope with my grandparent's deaths, inspired me to create my own comics and games, and set me on a course to accept myself for who I am. Thankyou Jennifer.

That is a wonderful poem Glee. "Doggerel" might be correct as a technical term, but the connotations of worthlessness and flippancy don't fit at all. Your poem and the sentiment behind it were moving.
It's short for Nicole.
Nick
Apple Class

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:57 pm

That was a beautiful poem, Glee. And Nick, wow.

I've been bad, I know. When we got back from the trip to Michigan, I just kind of fell into a funk. The trip was fun, and then it was over, and I guess I have just been really down afterwards.

I feel crappy that I don't have any energy or will to draw anything right now. I am just totally burned out, still, from finishing off To Save Her and Pastel.

For a while I tried to have fun, to recharge my batteries, but that isn't working anymore. I think I fell out of communication just because I feel kind of ashamed for not producing anything. I'm not even sketching on napkins anymore. I couldn't face putting up the pictures of my trip.

I am sorry for being such a bad girl. Withdrawing and sulking, I suppose. I do suffer from depressions... curse of the artist I suppose, or if not the artist, the dingbat, such as myself.

No, I am not having fun, and I don't know why. I suppose, shudder, that I should get off the stick and start doing something. Anything. This has gone past recharging batteries, I'm just pissing off, now.

I'll try and start doing stuff again, after Eldenath's birthday on the 18th. Maybe even before, If I can wrestle myself out of my funk.

Thanks for the kick in the cosmic kiester.

Jennifer
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby draque » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:53 pm

Glad to hear that you're doing well, Jenny. I was starting to think that some sort of XBL game-playing Jenulacrumb was periodically logging into your Live account to simulate your gaming presence... |:3
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:09 am

You shouldn't beat yourself up about not making more. It's okay, we're always happy to hear from you, even just random comments and hellos :)

It would, by the way, be neat to see those pictures of your Michigan adventure! Anything you want to bring to the community would be great, honestly.

And I very, very much second Emily's sentiments in the thanks for what your works, websites, and community have done. My life is much better for all you've done. When I was a scared 12 year old, it was your website- transsexual.org that is- most of all that showed me not just how possible it was to be myself, but how happy a person could really be for it. I thank you utterly for this, to say nothing of this great community and the people I've met here (I mean... I live with one, and another is my fiancee, among other people, so... yeah! ^^). Thank you! :kiss:

Also, doggerel...? Dog... grrl...? Arf arf! <3
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Verreaux » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Hello Jennifer, I'm glad to hear that you're well. Even now, I still check in from time to time, if for no other reason than to make sure you're still with us.

I think it's worth reminding you that you have created - and completed - epics. The first of which now graces my bookshelves as a treasured tale. That's no small feat, and you damn well know it. I'll also remind you that here you are not just an author, but a person. With that, I leave you in the company of your friends.
Verreaux
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby vernes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:21 pm

*collapses on the floor*
Oh you're still around, that is so good to hear!

Is there a way to buy an autographed version of your comics?
vernes
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby vernes » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:37 am

Happy Holidays Jenniver
vernes
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby zeeshan002 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:16 am

Jennifer, if it weren't for you I would never have met my true love. You also helped me cope with my grandparent's deaths, inspired me to create my own comics and games, and set me on a course to accept myself for who I am. Thankyou Jennifer.
zeeshan002
Welcome, New User!

Postby Meat Which Dreams » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello everyone, I wanna add to the well wishes for Jennifer! I just bought me some hardcopies of UJ and TSH and remade my account today (I used to be plain lowercase meatwhichdreams), after roaming around the Jenniverse and enjoying learning what she's been up to creatively, and it just makes my heart glow to see her and everyone else still talking and sharing her stories! Jennifer, your work was beyond influential for me when I came across it as a young queer teenager who was looking for something MORE out there in webcomics. All of my work as a cartoonist has your mark upon it as my teacher! Storytelling, worldbuilding, emotional nuance, thematic intricacies ...not to mention boldly centering the queer, trans, and 'deviant' experience in sci fi philosophy ... it's beyond important to me and to comics as a whole. I'm proud to include you as one of the innovators of "hypercomics" in several webcomics lectures I've given now, and I'm always pushing my fellow cartoonists to read and appreciate your incredibly poignant and powerful work.

Thank you for helping me grow, and building this garden for everyone to enjoy together! I hope you and your family are doing well, and that your voice is feeling better (saw on your Jenniverse news you were having trouble)? All health and happiness and peace to you and yours, whether you're writing new stories or resting and recuperating. Thank you for everything you've done for our little community, and for comics at large!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Meat Which Dreams
Welcome, New User!

Return to That Jennifer Person