Thank you, Jennifer!

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:58 am

Hello. I'm sorry I haven't been posting much, and that things are kind of slow around the forums in general.

I am writing because, while I think I've said it before, I want to say thanks, again, to Jennifer and her family. Thank you for all the cool stuff you've done, and all the ways you've helped with things in my life, personally.
W!!
When I was 12 and trying to sort out/understand my feelings about gender, about being female, transsexual.org and it's many articles was perhaps the single most useful thing I found. I've returned to re-read parts of it in years since, and I must say it is just immensely helpful, as a young MtF. It helped me understand, it helped me think about consequences and difficulties, and it helped me make my decisions, about which I have no regrets.
^v^
Your personal advice, when I wrote you, was also immensely helpful in making my own decisions. It has been about 10 years since I first found your website, and I am undergoing hormone therapy, I am living socially as female, even at work. My body is getting curvier, I have dresses... I am me, and now I look like me, too. It is a wonderful feeling. You have helped me find happiness in my life, and that means a lot. I hope it is not a strange complement, but I have always kind of looked up to you as a motherly, helpful mentor, in a way. Thank you!
..!
And that's not all. Unicorn Jelly, Pastel Defender Heliotrope, and To Save Her were all awesome stories that had all kinds of tricky details, interesting concepts, and are really pretty darn unique and creative. Of course not everything is perfect- there's flaws in everything anyone's made- but these are good stories. As someone who is trying to write and draw her own stories... and get to the point where I actually consistently make anything I feel ready to post online, rather than just endlessly developing notes and sketches and pixel art I only really show to my close friends... I look up to your work, and I hope someday to be as good.

:explode:

Of your wonderful stories, I must say, I will always fondly remember the characters, like Lupiko, Texto (and Virtue), Dr. Aoi, Fuschia, CURSOR, Pho... and the whole floating worldplate thing? Linovection? The nightmarish drama wrought by the stormfall, on such an interesting and likeable and cute world as Trysylmaistan, and how people struggled to survive and deal with it? The way all three stories tie together so very well, the way they connect... The questions asked, the hope and fear and potential these stories see in the real world, and the way these stories say that if we're smart about it, and we try hard enough, and we're lucky, that we really could do amazing things... These are really awesome stories, and you should be proud of your work. Thank you for these.
-.-
Last but not least, I must thank you for starting this forum community. I have met many wonderful friends here... some who are more than friends, now... and I am infinitely grateful for having gotten to meet these people. Quiet and ghosttown-like though it can be sometimes, this is still one of the kindest communities I have ever frequented, and I will never forget what it has meant to me and done for me. Even though I haven't been posting much- which I feel kind of bad about, honestly-, I most certainly have been keeping in touch with several of the people I have met here through AIM, Skype, and, well, in a special case or two just a bit more than that.
^,^
So, thank you very much, Jennifer. I cannot speak for others, but you and your work, no doubt helped and supported by your own family- who all seem very awesome- you have definitely made a profound difference in my life.

Thank you.

(^^>
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Re: Thank you, Jennifer!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 am

Oh, Mittens...

You are wonderful, and you made me happy. ^v^
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Mitsukara » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Yay!
^*^
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby billhood » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:39 pm

When I was 12 and trying to sort out/understand my feelings about gender, about being female, transsexual.org and it's many articles was perhaps the single most useful thing I found. I've returned to re-read parts of it in years since, and I must say it is just immensely helpful, as a young MtF. It helped me understand, it helped me think about consequences and difficulties, and it helped me make my decisions, about which I have no regrets.
billhood
Welcome, New User!

Return to That Jennifer Person