#323 - Escape

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

#323 - Escape

Postby Skatche » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Awww, who's an ascended unity? You are! You are!

http://pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20323.html
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Re: #323 - Escape

Postby Volair » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:00 pm

UBER-CHOU IS MUCH TOO LARGE FOR YOUR PUNY PRONOUNS.

:mrgreen:
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Zev » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:25 am

I'm curious as to how ascension is done. Is it by running your brain through some computer program or is it a mental thing you do on yer own, like reaching nirvana?

I'm guessing ascended Chou is now just using her old flesh body like a puppet, making it look like its still alive and kicking while she doodles around doing whatever is is she's gonna do... some of it we already know of course.
Zev
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby Volair » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:31 am

Actually I think what has happened may best be described as rather like the multiversal rain itself.

An ascended copy of Chou has just been created.

Chou herself... is still in the tank. And probably doomed. >.<
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby ThingOfThing » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:42 am

I knew Chou was way too smart to hang around that mess for long.
There ain't no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, there ain't nothing in this world for free
I can't slow down, I can't hold back, though you know I wish I could
But there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good
ThingOfThing
Kumquat Class

Postby marinschild » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:29 am

Is there any way that Chou can die now that she is ascended (besides a zero point energy device that neutralizes all energy in a pocket dimension for ascended beings)?
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby Alikat » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:35 am

Well, they COULD turn off the power to her tank, or shoot her, or attack her with a point-ed stick, or even some gooseberries...
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby rossperk » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:12 am

I think it depends on if the minds are still linked or not. If they are still linked, and flesh-Chow-body dies, then ascension finalizes with a move/transfer, not a copy. If flesh-chow-body and ascended-chow-"body" have already separated minds, then a copy has been created. (At least that's what I think I remember from the PDH discussions..)
rossperk
Welcome, New User!

Postby Ambi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:47 pm

And now, the originally stated goal of Kay's mission is fulfilled... and nobody pays attention to it anymore.
!!!
Ambi
Our New Friend

Postby strange_person » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Well, yeah. At this point the objective is secure, they're just worrying about dustoff.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby draque » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:02 pm

Ambi wrote:And now, the originally stated goal of Kay's mission is fulfilled... and nobody pays attention to it anymore.
!!!

I had interpreted the title a bit differently. I think that "her" is referring to Kay herself. This Kaye has made it clear that she takes credit for the salvation of the human race in surviving rainfall storms due to Chou's having used her to create the kaymakers, which explains why she holds herself in such high regard in the beginning of the series. Also, if she had truly completed her mission, Chou would have been erased from history, meaning that she would most certainly not be saved. By erasing humanity though, Kaye would ensure that she would have been born a he, and moreover, be a completely normal jellese.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Volair » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:49 am

Pho's pronouncement-- that they will save Kaye is definitely very very in the air at this point. We know she splatters Virtue's skull contents festively across the mover floor, and it's pretty likely that Vola ends up trapped on a lowtech splay and has to spend the next 200 years doing the Highlander Identity Shuffle to keep from being burned as a witch, but as to Kaye, Pho, Wailain, and the Chou Who Stayed Behind, the dice are still tumbling.

Seeing the ascended unity kind of makes me confident Jenny isn't going to erase the universe though.

Really, she has warned us that she'd totally do it if it made the story work.

I really hope Vola does indeed escape because I really like this particular Vola.

Because
Rwrrr!
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Dan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 pm

rossperk wrote:I think it depends on if the minds are still linked or not. If they are still linked, and flesh-Chow-body dies, then ascension finalizes with a move/transfer, not a copy. If flesh-chow-body and ascended-chow-"body" have already separated minds, then a copy has been created. (At least that's what I think I remember from the PDH discussions..)

Yes, that sounds about right. Though philosophically, we could see both the flesh and OoO versions as copies of the earlier Chou(s). And come to think of it, Heliotrope and company should logically take care of transferring flesh-Chou's memories to yet another Chou. I don't see how Kaye can erase Chou and herself from existence now that Jennifer's linked Kaye's actions to the future where OoO manifested.

Mmm, spaghetti.
I defie all the Quakers in England to match this incomparable piece of Nonsence and Enthusiastick Cant.
Dan
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Return to To Save Her