#333: Go

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

Re: #333: Go

Postby strange_person » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:48 pm

Monocheres wrote:"Call off your drones, or I'll torch your eggs,"

The egg-chamber drones were never intended for combat. They just bring food to the queen and keep the place tidy. It's based on ants.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Wizard CaT » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:18 pm

The Alien's on the first planet they were discovered (in movie order) were found in a crashed ship. The military (or the "Corporation") had the idea, which is why they sent a team out in the first place, with a evil android. Disregarding that, the Alien's have been used the humans for centuries. Well, technically the Predator's used humans as Alien growth propellant. And if anyone engineered them I'd figure it would be them. At least they seem to be very intimate, but then again I'm not that much of a hard core follower.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Apology accepted.

When I say beautiful, though, I mean in a sleekly sensual way. Like the drones. Like a snake. Aesthetically beautiful. It's like all of Giger's work, or even on a lesser scale Michael Manning. It's that Lovecraftian beauty that makes you want to embrace it, or be embraced by it. And yes, I know how perverse that sounds, but such things are siren's songs.

There actually are many weapons I find to be beautiful as well, the maiden among them. I like weapons that can be considered a true work of art as a combination of function and form. I have a hard time appreciating something like a bomb or a gas. I'll stick to medieval torture devices, thanks.

I always took the creatures (don't they have a species name besides just "Aliens"? They really deserve one... Maybe Gigerians? :3 ) to be like parasitic wasps of sorts, who lay their eggs in caterpillars, or other such more natural creatures, albeit large and dangerous ones, and they had a run-in with that other ship where they were found. I didn't really feel sorry for them, I just kind of understand the animal behavior as doing what hive-dwellers do. Like ants or wasps or bees.

As completely and totally opposed to the "shit-weasel" parasites in the trainwreck that was Dreamcatcher...

I've been wondering for a why that particular mover has a Zuzux on it. But I chalked it up to a red herring. I figured the Krawlni was the white elephant in the room.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Wizard CaT wrote:The Alien's on the first planet they were discovered (in movie order) were found in a crashed ship. The military (or the "Corporation") had the idea, which is why they sent a team out in the first place, with a evil android. Disregarding that, the Alien's have been used the humans for centuries. Well, technically the Predator's used humans as Alien growth propellant. And if anyone engineered them I'd figure it would be them. At least they seem to be very intimate, but then again I'm not that much of a hard core follower.

I did not know this! ALthough granted I've never been a big fan of Predator. I like the design of the species, but.... the movies never caught me. I've only seen the first three Aliens movies... and I don't remember the third fully beyond the last part.

I've seen the most adorable plush facehuggers and chestbursters... but still not as cute as plush Shoggoth.

*Skeek*
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Monocheres » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:46 pm

[Pulls out a fishing rod and attempts to reel in the wayward fish]

Okay, everybody's way out on a tangent, and nobody's even nibbling on my very very oblique analogy ...
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:49 pm

Well, unless you're suggesting Vola's somehow going to wire up her Chou-remote to turn her into a biological MechaGodzilla... I'm lost.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Monocheres » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Silverfeathers you're taking it just a little too literally, but the person I'm thinking of should be incredibly obvious ...
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:23 pm

The second non-Trys-native sapient being to appear in the full run of UJ?
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Monocheres » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:38 pm

Strange, if you mean a Burangidaeni, then no, you're straining too far ... it's much more obvious than that ...
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Is this the part where Millian swoops in in a red cape an saves the world with a mighty flash?
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby strange_person » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Monocheres wrote:Strange, if you mean a Burangidaeni, then no, you're straining too far ... it's much more obvious than that ...

I was counting individuals, not species.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Plasman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:16 am

-.-
...?
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Monocheres » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:21 am

strange_person wrote:I was counting individuals, not species.

Hmm ... the second non-Trys-native sapient to appear in UJ? Well, if that means humans, then you've got (1) that poor terrified Roman peasant on the Minus 300,001 page, and then (2) Lupiko? If you didn't count the Roman peasant, then it would be (1) Lupiko, and then maybe (2) the Holy Unicorn? (Did the Unicorn really "appear" or was it just Uni's hallucination? Is a Unicorn a sapient? I'm willing to grant that.)

Hmm, those are interesting ideas. Both are female mother figures in a sense. But neither one is the person I meant. Lupiko hasn't appeared as a character in TSH at all, so she couldn't have exited stage right recently, and to bring her into the story out of the blue near the end would unbalance the plot, I would think. The Unicorn has sort of appeared in the story, as a symbol or a motif -- but not as an actual character.

Let's go back to the analogy I gave. (Caveat: analogies are notoriously brittle things, they can crumble at the slightest touch, and I'm afraid mine's made out of potato chips.) In Aliens, you've got Ripley, something of a mother-figure for Newt, although troubled and uncomfortable in the role, at least at first. She uses human technology to greatly enhance her strength and give herself the capability to take on a threatening, ruthless, inhuman female monster, the Alien Queen.

In TSH, the Krawlni is obviously a threatening, ruthless, inhuman monster. For the sake of my analogy, it would be neat if it happened to be female too. We haven't seen any sign of it for a while, but it's such a 600-pound gorilla in the story, I've got to think it's going to come back into the plot again, probably in some climactic final scene. Possibly a catastrophic one. I don't know any of this for a fact, and I could be totally wrong, but my fiction instincts are buzzing in a big way about this.

Now, there's another 600-pound gorilla character in this drama who's also gone off stage. She's female. I admit I'm stretching a bit in calling her a mother-figure. I think she would feel uncomfortable in the role. (Well, she did adopt. And, in a way, she acted as a protective mother-figure for the whole human race on Trys. Or you could say she was the mother of the Humano-Jellese civilization.) She's used human technology to greatly enhance her powers, recently. In fact, she has become so incredibly powerful (heck, all of space and time is at her command now!), that I think she could even "take on" the Krawlni. Whatever that turns out to mean. But since she can take it on -- and only she can -- then I somehow think that the story will demand that it happen. Probably in some climactic final scene. Possibly a catastrophic one.

I don't think I can make it any more obvious than that, but how about another really oblique hint:

Carly Simon wrote:You're so vain,
I bet you think this song is about you.
You're so vain,
You prob'ly think this song is about you.
Don't you?
Don't you?

(Not that this character is vain. Gosh, I don't think she's even capable of that.)

(Of course, I could be totally, hopelessly wrong about all of this. Mmm, these potato chips are mighty tasty, *crunch*, *crunch*, *mnom* *mnom* *mnom*...)
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 am

The problem with that theory is, we already know the ways that she was/will be involved.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Monocheres » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:38 am

strange_person wrote:The problem with that theory is, we already know the ways that she was/will be involved.

Assuming that diagram is complete ... At the time, it was OoO's attempt to communicate an explanation of the situation the protagonists of PDH were in, in a simplified way that their brains could interpret. The events of TSH did not factor into their lives, so wouldn't OoO have left those out, for simplicity? Then again, I see all the labels showing Kaye's exploits, and remember seeing them there before. Were they there from the beginning?

OoO shows her own travels to the extent they impinge on PDH. But she's an ascended being with total access to all time and space. Surely her complete world-line would actually be a huge mass of linguini straddling and penetrating all of these shapes and more.

I see the Krawlni's path out from Trysilmaistain curves upward through time. From that I interpret that it'll finally escape the Trys jungle and be on its way ... No, scratch that, up and down doesn't necessarily mean future and past outside of a universe surface. That path could just as easily represent the Krawlni's approach and crash-landing. In fact, that must be it, because Aoi and company find the derelict ship still in Trys in the far future. So the Krawlni never escapes, at least not with its ship ... will it just waste away and die of old age? Will OoO destroy it in a titanic battle? Will OoO be compassionate and rescue it by some other means?
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:00 pm

The krawlni either dies at some point, or escapes off-the-chart post-singularity.

OoO could intervene at any point but chooses not to. The interversal sculpture is complete, yielding a perfected Tryslmaistan, a "lounge" universe (Ktlikitkaktl), and a "PvP" universe (Pastel), all free from cumulative entropy or irreversible death. Her/it's attention is/are elsewhere/when, so as not to spoil things.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Monocheres » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Of course, my whole theory rests on the notion that the Krawlni is an evil monster to be defeated. But it's really just a neutral self-serving monster, isn't it? It pithed the first Vola not so much out of malice but to leave a message "you savages keep off my ship". And it gathered up all the alternate Kayes and Phos in that off-line existential plane, not to play cosmic Chuck Woolery in an interdimensional Love Connection, but because it could see that its plan to uplift the natives to the service mechanic level was being ruined by Kaye's cascade. Pulling the offending viper's tangle off to one side just looked like a good way to alleviate the problem.

Really, I gotta remember that in this story it's Kaye who's the bad guy ... uh, gal ... uh, guy. If the Krawlni and OoO still have a role to play, I suppose now it would be to collaborate in contributing to Kaye's defeat. But haven't they already defeated her? The Krawlni cut off the cascade, and OoO escaped, denying Kaye her hyperintelligent pandimensional djinni slave. Can one solitary recalcitrant Kaye single-handedly perpetuate a cascade? Did Kaye already finish exploiting Chou, and acquire a tool from her that would let her fulfill her plan?
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Tychomonger » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:16 pm

There is one mark on that Map which we can be fairly sure we have not yet seen: Kaye's visit to Post-Min-Yan Tryslmaistan. I eagerly await that.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wizard CaT » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:33 pm

SilverFeathers wrote:
Wizard CaT wrote:The Alien's on the first planet they were discovered (in movie order) were found in a crashed ship. The military (or the "Corporation") had the idea, which is why they sent a team out in the first place, with a evil android. Disregarding that, the Alien's have been used the humans for centuries. Well, technically the Predator's used humans as Alien growth propellant. And if anyone engineered them I'd figure it would be them. At least they seem to be very intimate, but then again I'm not that much of a hard core follower.

I did not know this! ALthough granted I've never been a big fan of Predator. I like the design of the species, but.... the movies never caught me. I've only seen the first three Aliens movies... and I don't remember the third fully beyond the last part.

I've seen the most adorable plush facehuggers and chestbursters... but still not as cute as plush Shoggoth.

*Skeek*

Actually the Aliens you know are just the human type aliens. When put in other animals they look different. At the end of AvP, it was shown that 1 had gotten in a Predator, and when it popped out of it's dead body, the mouth looked like a Predator.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Hmm! So Only's role in the story may indeed not be over even if his eventual fate seems sealed. (Unless, of course, a certain couple of somebodies- who probably had help after a while, I'd imagine- who got in the habit of sneaking in to save people pre-moment-of-death really did do a good job and go through every single splay. It seems pretty likely they'd be keen to save a mysterious unicorn Jelly as much as anyone. Then again, was he a real normal life form they would've been able to find and recognize? Surely they'd know about him if they paid attention to the beings, especially this Pho, who interacted with him. Or, barring their methodology, I can think of a certain freshly ascended being that would be likely to take particular vested interest in at least a certain Uni's plight. maybe he didn't need any such help at all, and is immortal via chatoyant Unicorn power! Also I still like to think that somehow, not only was Only the only only, but perhaps Only and Uni were one and the same, though this was never very directly indicated. Is my theory about this particular detail a total official falsity, or...?)
(^^>

Hmm. Monocheres, are you talking about OoO / Chou?

Also... you know what I would kind of like to see? A course of events wherein UJ Pho and Chou Kazemahou wound up together after all. It seems vaguely plausible; with indication that all the Tryslmaistan, if not all humans are being scooped up via one means or another, and it's not limited to the one splay of Trysylmaistan CURSOR came from, it seems extremely likely he'd be alive and well same as most people; and I'd put good money down that the Chou this one specific Kaye who proceeded with her mission to this point just so happens to be the very same Chou from the very same splay version of Unicorn Jelly, meaning that THAT Chou is our OoO. What would "OoO" think of this Pho, her old friend and confidant who was to die in that mining accident so many... indescribable time/space units ago? Did they meet and converse? With a mild ironic nod to Vola's recent emoticon toy for her clone-corpse, I'd be highly willing to bet "OoO" had a vested interest in taking this opportunity to explore emotions proper. I really like this train of thought...
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

PreviousNext

Return to To Save Her