TSH #335 • Mutual

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

TSH #335 • Mutual

Postby Monocheres » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:36 pm

Vola doesn't realize she's in Mutual of Myrmidon's Wild Kingdom...

(Sorry, couldn't help m'self...)

So ... strike the fear theory. Replace with miscalculation...

P.S. But then there's what she said/will say in TSH #66 Wheeze... Hmm, is she going to get the lay of the land, realize her mistake, and then double back in a hurry, arriving just in time to see Pho's plan in action, but with only a moment to decide whether to jump in?
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Re: TSH #335 • Mutual

Postby Greyman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:34 pm

She does not run off ... she just walks off? Talk about anticlimatic.

A nice twist on our expectations as always.
Greyman
Welcome, New User!

Postby Skatche » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Now, this raises an interesting question. Vola thinks that foresting an entire plate requires mondo technology, but we know what Pho's splay is quite low-tech. What are the obstacles to forestation that made her think so? Did this splay find some ingenious low-tech way around those obstacles? Or is something much stranger going on?
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Every splay, rather ever human entry event seems to be somewhat of a crap shoot, so I'd assume EITHER: Her splay (and resulting near by splays) had a low tree survival rate OR the high tech splays had no trees survive period, and only Stormfall splays have any.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monocheres » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Skatche wrote:Now, this raises an interesting question. Vola thinks that foresting an entire plate requires mondo technology, but we know what Pho's splay is quite low-tech. What are the obstacles to forestation that made her think so? Did this splay find some ingenious low-tech way around those obstacles? Or is something much stranger going on?

I suspect Pho's splay just got a particular dense concentration of multiversal rain, so that his worldplate had a large enough sampling of Mundis life to establish a dominant ecosystem. But in Vola's splay the rain may have hit more lightly, with few sample species. So perhaps in her experience, biodiversity is something that has to be constructed via advanced biotratonichemical engineering.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 am

Wouldn't the multi-rain be the same on each splay? Then again, there must be splays where the rain never occurs, within which the Jellese live in peace...

I was feeling sorry for Vola up to now, but I'm not so sure anymore... :doubtful: If I'd been paying attention, I would have seen this coming.
I'm with Monocheres; she's likely to get a look around, realise her mistake, then come back, hesitate, and miss the boat... :P
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby strange_person » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:30 am

Trees don't grow everywhere on Vola's splay because the Basilisks eat them. On Pho's splay, the Khans solved that by eradicating all native macroscopic life forms from the local worldplate, except Vlax of course.

Vola has made the same mistake as people who speculate about crop circles, or wonders of the ancient world, being built by aliens: she is so accustomed to short project deadlines and a high time-value of human life that she simply cannot imagine the labor-management techniques necessary to coordinate thousands of peasants over multiple decades.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:10 am

Greyman wrote:She does not run off ... she just walks off? Talk about anticlimatic.

A nice twist on our expectations as always.

Yet it is so Vola. 8) I couldn't help laughing at the "screw off, Jack" line. :lol: Poor Pho...

But can you really blame Vola? She has her fortune (tech) and she's probably just glad to be out of that nuthouse (nutmover?) in one piece. If it were me I'd probably walk away too.

Now to see how Virtue reacts to Pho's proposal...
Rachel
Our New Friend

Postby Ashes » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:45 am

Plasman wrote:Wouldn't the multi-rain be the same on each splay? Then again, there must be splays where the rain never occurs, within which the Jellese live in peace...

I was feeling sorry for Vola up to now, but I'm not so sure anymore... :doubtful: If I'd been paying attention, I would have seen this coming.
I'm with Monocheres; she's likely to get a look around, realise her mistake, then come back, hesitate, and miss the boat... :P

... and then her dragonball radar blips, and she goes running off to the other mover, and she has her earlier appearance in this comic.

I'm kind of hoping she gets to visit pastPho somewhere inbetween there.
Ashes
Melon Class

Return to To Save Her