TSH #340 • Silo

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

TSH #340 • Silo

Postby Monocheres » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:01 pm

One more step closer to the end and we find our boys in a Silo.

The most significant line here (for me at least) is: "Wha's done is done, okay?"

Yes indeed, Wai-wai, you have succinctly captured the essence of the causality loop within which you are ensnared...
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Re: TSH #340 • Silo

Postby marinschild » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:40 am

I'm curious about the thing that Pho thinks Vola needs to be protected from. Is this just some general statement?
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby strange_person » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:32 am

He knows the culture on his home splay better than anyone else in the crew. Better than the audience, for that matter.

What, if anything, do we know about how oddly-dressed women preaching bizarre new ideas are treated under the Khans?
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Rachel » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:57 pm

The shading and expressions in this strip (especially the third panel) are just amazing. It really adds to the gravity of Wai's decision, knowing that the scene they saw when they movers crossed is going to come into fruition.
Rachel
Our New Friend

Postby Monocheres » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:19 pm

The last thing we see in that scene is Pho flinging Wai off him, and lunging at a distracted Kaye (or perhaps her gun).

One possible outcome of that act is that Kaye reacts quickly enough to shoot Pho dead. He would of course be taking that into account. That I think is why we see him roughly flinging Wai away ... out of the line of fire. Protective and self-sacrificing to the end.

Another possible outcome is that Pho kills Kaye. If there was ever, in the multitude of splays, an expert in killing a Jellese with his bare hands, this soldier of the Khans would be the man. (After all, he was swift enough and strong enough to snatch Only out of the air.) An alternative is that he manages to overpower or incapacitate Kaye, short of killing her. Either way, Pho and Wai would be faced with the task of piloting the mover themselves. Has Wai read enough of the manual to handle that, do you think?

Then again, killing or overpowering the Bionic, um, Booger is no small feat. Suppose Pho managed to wrestle the gun away from her and took his best shot. Would that stop 100 pounds of electanified steel bearing down on him, even blasted clean of jelly? As I've wondered before, could we be looking at a Quentin Tarantino style ending here?

Another interesting question: If Wai (with or without Pho) could pilot the mover, would he go back and try to rescue Vola?

Yet more interesting questions: Who (or what) kills Texto? Whose side is Texto really on?
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:51 pm

Monocheres wrote:One more step closer to the end and we find our boys in a Silo.

The most significant line here (for me at least) is: "Wha's done is done, okay?"

What happens in the silo stays in the silo.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Monocheres » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Mitsukara wrote:What happens in the silo stays in the silo.

Um, except that it won't ...
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Rachel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:10 am

Monocheres wrote:Another possible outcome is that Pho kills Kaye. If there was ever, in the multitude of splays, an expert in killing a Jellese with his bare hands, this soldier of the Khans would be the man. [...] Then again, killing or overpowering the Bionic, um, Booger is no small feat. Suppose Pho managed to wrestle the gun away from her and took his best shot. Would that stop 100 pounds of electanified steel bearing down on him, even blasted clean of jelly?

Another thing to consider is whether Pho would be willing to kill Kaye. He had the chance to kill her before (or leave her behind) and chose to heal her instead. I wonder if some part of Pho still feels responsible for Kaye. It is possible that Pho still believes Kaye can be redeemed or reasoned with in some way. There's no telling what he has planned.

Monocheres wrote:Yet more interesting questions: Who (or what) kills Texto? Whose side is Texto really on?

That is what I've been wondering too! I don't want to jump to conclusions about Virtue because there is still a chance that he could be working against Kaye. He flipped out a little upon realizing that he had "escaped" fate. That could have emboldened him to manipulate his way back onto the ship with the intention of still stopping Kaye. I know that it is pretty unlikely, but as long as the possibility exists I still want to believe in "Virtue" rather than Texto.

BTW I was just thinking about it today, but wouldn't it be funny if Wai opened the silo hatch, only to have it fall onto Virtue as he was walking by and kill him instantly? XD LMAO :mrgreen:
Rachel
Our New Friend

Postby Ambi » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 am

Monocheres wrote:Whose side is Texto really on?

"At the moment?"

I think that answer fits too well...
Ambi
Our New Friend

Return to To Save Her