#235 Wobble

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

#235 Wobble

Postby WarpZone » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:00 am

I think I like this new Vola. She seems a competent, confident leader as opposed to a whiny underling.

I'm guessing, same personality, different career path.

Suffering the fools is so much easier when they obey you. :lol:

%< >.< >.< >.< (-.-) >.<
Last edited by WarpZone on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
WarpZone
Blueberry Class

Re: #235 Wobble

Postby Anna » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:33 am

Link?
http://pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20235.html
Link.

Jennifer has sense for wobbling black humor.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Idiot Glee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:55 am

*Shudders* She'd have had to seen that before to not freak out completely... Seriously, seeing an alternative you, boneless, that's a shock!
Hello!

And, "One thing there's no getting by—
I've been a wicked girl," said I;
"But if I can't be sorry, why,
I might as well be glad!"

-Millay
Idiot Glee
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby WarpZone » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:03 pm

I seriously think she's some kinda hardcore leader in this dimmension.

Maybe in this splay, she just made a habit of shouting her happy ideas instead of mumbling them under her breath, and so the monkeys quickly fell in line and made her the boss.

Seriously. Lil' WaiWai's right. There's something different about this Vola.
WarpZone
Blueberry Class

Postby SilverFeathers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:10 pm

*twitches* Does anyone remember Stretch Armstrong...? *twitches again*

Dammit. Now I want a Vola beanie baby... I wonder if my crafter friend can make me one... *contemplates*
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby SilverFeathers » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:13 pm

WarpZone wrote:I seriously think she's some kinda hardcore leader in this dimmension.

Maybe in this splay, she just made a habit of shouting her happy ideas instead of mumbling them under her breath, and so the monkeys quickly fell in line and made her the boss.

Seriously. Lil' WaiWai's right. There's something different about this Vola.

This Vola reminds me of a lady at work... another supervisor. They kinda look alike, too. You definitely don't want to get on her BAD side. The take-down is impressive. But she's really sweet otherwise. She thinks I'm an amusing little quirk. :sweatbead:
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:11 pm

McBurger really seems like an ass for turning her inside out though.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:05 pm

I must admit I am still a bit perplexed at why the Krawlni thought it was a great course of action, if that was 100% what it meant to do. Not nice at all.

What if the Krawlni is evil?! Then there's only one man who can save us now... no, not Pajama Man. The Hamburgler, of course! Which is what the Texto/Virtue was that's out stealing the ship right now. It all makes perfect sense! You can see his longstanding affinity for meat, for example, so it's got foreshadowing going for it too.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:03 pm

Mitsukara wrote:I must admit I am still a bit perplexed at why the Krawlni thought it was a great course of action, if that was 100% what it meant to do. Not nice at all.

Just remember to think of the Krawlni as a downed German fighter pilot in WW2, feeling superior in every way to the primitive native savages he is forced to rely on to patch up his plane, distill alcohol as a fuel additive, and build a runway for him. He has terrified them with the magic of his radio and his lighter and his pistol, and he has taught them just enough to be useful - which he thinks is far too much for the likes of them. He gains their willingness to cooperate with tastes of candy and other technological wonders that delight and astound.

When one of the woggy bastards climbs into the seat of his plane, he makes an example of them, burning their face off with a flare, or cutting bits off of them with his fine Swiss knife, or just shoots them in the gut, so they die slowly, pleading to the Great White God to spare their life. That'll teach 'em to mess with his stuff!

That is our Krawlni, and in that light all of his actions can be understood easily and simply.

It is of note that something very like this really did happen in our real world, and it resulted in the famous 'Cargo Cult', where the islanders built full-scale bamboo replicas of the airplane, the runway, and all of the soldier's gear every year, as a prayer to the god who came out of the sky to come back and bring more goodies.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:26 pm

I guess that makes sense. It sucks though. If he'd been paying better attention or could see more clearly, while obviously it would'a sucked more, I would think he'd do that to WaiWai, not Vola. He ironically picked the one person going "no wait, this is bad, we shouldn't be doing this!" to make an example of. :(

Also, as I neglected to comment... Vola looks very good in this strip, throughout. Something about the way she's drawn here is just really nice that I can't put my finger on; I think it's just the quality in general I really like here.
Hello! ^^

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Monocheres » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:56 pm

He didn't pick Vola, she was just the one he saw coming out of his Krawlni-opaque door. He didn't see the others. But yes, it is ironic.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:00 am

Oh... upon reinspection that makes a lot of sense. It's kinda obvious actually.

It's like, there's a door, and on the other side is the guy pissed off that the primitives are messing with his stuff, and he knows they're poking at the door so he levels the gun at where the door opens. Then the girl saying "dammit, you idiots, I told you this was a bad idea" to the ones actually messing with the stuff peeks through the door first...
Hello! ^^

Mitsukara
Melon Class

Postby Sparksol » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:14 am

Much I'd say has been said. I'll leave it to a guess as to what I'd actually say, other than this:

I like the smile in panel two. And I'd also probably have been yelled at for doing that.
"Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way."

- strange_person
Sparksol
100 Post Little Master

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:28 am

Sparksol wrote:Much I'd say has been said. I'll leave it to a guess as to what I'd actually say, other than this:

I like the smile in panel two. And I'd also probably have been yelled at for doing that.

*giggles*

My friend has agreed to make me a beanie Vola! *skeesquee* The question is now just of size. It could take her a while, though. And the words "embroidery" came up. Somehow I don't see Vola in an elegantly embroidered gown...
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:39 am

Mitsukara wrote:What if the Krawlni is evil?! Then there's only one man who can save us now... no, not Pajama Man. The Hamburgler, of course! Which is what the Texto/Virtue was that's out stealing the ship right now. It all makes perfect sense! You can see his longstanding affinity for meat, for example, so it's got foreshadowing going for it too.

Skeeeeeee... reeeeek?
:frown:
*takes away your Deifica... and your monkeycrack, too!*
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:03 am

Oh yeah, you weren't here (or rather there) when I did that :dead: It'd probably be a tired running gag on my part except I think it sorta died off before that could happen.

See, in TSH sometime back, there was a scene where Virtue was getting into bed (see also: this) and just wearing his one-piece suit thing, minus cloak and hat. This looked distinctly familiar, so I hunted up this particular memorable moment in Unicorn Jelly and said, "heyyyyyy, to jump into action he's changing into his pajamas!"

And thus, PAJAMA MAN was born!
I always meant to do more with that joke and never got around to it. :(
Hello! ^^

Mitsukara
Melon Class

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:24 am

*eyes you suspiciously... then searches you for more drugs*

Not helping your case.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Iustinus » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:48 pm

Presumably when the Krawlni went "on the move" and scared our main characters into action, it was probably actually searching for their doubles one splay ana-or-kata who planned to steal the ship (keeping in mind that the Krawlni can be seen in several splays simultaneously). Ironically this lead "our" versions to go straight for the ship to hide, dooming "our" Vola to be mistaken for one of the troublemakers.

A scary thought, though: presumably there are several alternates in nearby splays, many of whom could have been driven to the Krawlni ship at the same time. They're probably all messing with the buttons at once. What a mess.
Iustinus
Our New Friend

Postby Quaeras » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:27 pm

Vola is clearly "The Wolf" of this story.

"When is this Bonnie going to be home?"
Two "Yay"s, one "Hey!" and an essay. Still counting.
Quaeras
100 Post Little Master

Postby Alikat » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:13 pm

Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Next

Return to To Save Her