The Grand Transdimensional Tour

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

The Grand Transdimensional Tour

Postby macksting » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:39 pm

It occurred to me this comic is a strange sort of diagonal cross section, wherein we see (due to various effects slowing or speeding up the process) splays in differing levels of completion of goals which, up until now, we have only seen in their proto stages or fully complete stages.
Nice! By going from one splay in varying stages of development, we get to see (after a fashion, anyway) the process by which the Singularity came to be!
macksting
Cunning Linguist

Re: The Grand Transdimensional Tour

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:00 pm

macksting wrote:It occurred to me this comic is a strange sort of diagonal cross section, wherein we see (due to various effects slowing or speeding up the process) splays in differing levels of completion of goals which, up until now, we have only seen in their proto stages or fully complete stages.
Nice! By going from one splay in varying stages of development, we get to see (after a fashion, anyway) the process by which the Singularity came to be!

Huzzah! Yes, that is kind of the idea. I want Tryslmaistan to have the feeling of being more real, of having a legitimate history, even if we only see it in deformed 'Sliders' alternate history slices. From the average of them, I reason that the reader can have a general sense of what would need to occur, and how it would occur, to get the visions of Tryslmaistan past and future that we see.

I promised that To Save Her would answer the remaining loose ends left in Unicorn Jelly (no, the dissapearance of Uni is not a loose end, that is supposed to be that way), and I am endeavoring to do just that. It's slow in coming, but the clues are building for what I hope will be an interesting denouement one day. With luck. Pastel answered what the Trato-Yauronic device accomplished, suggested the impact of the actions of the First People in any given splay, what the deal was with the statue that Chou found in the heart of a Worldplate, and let us see the ultimate fate of the Tryslmaistan cosmos.

To Save Her should, hopefully, answer what the heck the Multiversal Rain is all about, what was the actual deal with the original KayWai and Chou and the Kaymakers, and also a little detail about Pastel, to boot. It may even answer something about Uni, after a fashion.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Return to To Save Her