Re: #237 Pajama Man

Postby Monocheres » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:49 am

Anna wrote:
SilverFeathers wrote:
vernes wrote:My first post on the new board :mrgreen:

*offers you a lovely plum cake*

http://www.vegalicious.org/2007/08/12/g ... menkuchen/
Image Image

Just make sure you go for the pieces with the Uni-chan(tm) brand dessert topping.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:06 pm

For some reason, I just made a connection between Pajama Man and the opening lines from a particular song.
Tally Hall wrote:Do you see banana man
Hopping over on the white hot sand
Here he come with some for me

Also, a bit later:
Tally Hall wrote:Forget all your troubles and go with the flow
Forget about whatever you may never know
Like whether whatever you are doing is whatever you should and whether anything you do is every really any good
And then Forget about banana when it sticks in your throat
And when they make you wanna bellow but your stuck in a choke and you forget about the yell from the colorful men that'll make you take another and make a mock of your plan
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Monocheres » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:19 pm

Um ... did everybody get the fact that I was singing it to the tune of Spider-Man (the 1960's animated series), which you can listen to here?
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:11 pm

Monocheres wrote:Um ... did everybody get the fact that I was singing it to the tune of Spider-Man (the 1960's animated series), which you can listen to here?

Off course

I couldn't find my lyrics in the old forum:
"Pajama Man, Pajama Man
He can do what a pajama can
..."

Now with the american kind of writing,
which I didn't last time.
english is "(pair of) pyjamas"
german only "pyjama"
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Monocheres » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:03 pm

Anna wrote:
Monocheres wrote:Um ... did everybody get the fact that I was singing it to the tune of Spider-Man (the 1960's animated series), which you can listen to here?

Off course

"Pajama Man, Pajama Man
..."

Wow, I don't remember it, but then again I only started lurking on the old forums last fall. Must have been way before my time... Here I thought I'd come up with something new, but I bet it was like this: (1) Anna, you saw that scene in UJ where Texto first revealed his white undergarments, way back when Jen first drew it. You thought "Pajama Man!", and then thought of using the Spiderman theme. Hilarity all around. (2) Flash forward to the present: Jennifer, you did this strip, and titled it in homage to Anna's fondly-recalled Pajama-Man joke. (3) Semi-newbie Monocheres sees "Pajama Man", thinks "Spiderman", and treads down Anna's path.

*mutters under breath* Darn, now I gotta go back and read Ecclesiastes again ... *grumble, grumble* Stupid bronze-age book why does it have to be right sometimes ...

!?!!
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alikat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:14 pm

Is he strong? Listen chumps,
he's got radioactive stumps,
Look out! Here comes the Basketman!

Heh heh Jenny drew Basketman in jr. High School. :)
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monocheres » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:21 pm

*grumble* Vanity, schmanity ... nothing new under the sun ... *grumble-grumble*

*puts on a Byrds album to mellow out*

To everything --- turn, turn, turn ---

Doh!
!?!!
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Sparksol » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:29 pm

*('')*
"Religion, over time, tends to diverge. Science tends to converge.
Funny thing about magic, it doesn't consistently go either way."

- strange_person
Sparksol
100 Post Little Master

Postby Anna » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:23 am

Monocheres wrote:
Anna wrote:

Off course

"Pajama Man, Pajama Man
..."

Wow, I don't remember it, but then again I only started lurking on the old forums last fall. Must have been way before my time... Here I thought I'd come up with something new, but I bet it was like this: (1) Anna, you saw that scene in UJ where Texto first revealed his white undergarments, way back when Jen first drew it. You thought "Pajama Man!", and then thought of using the Spiderman theme. Hilarity all around. (2) Flash forward to the present: Jennifer, you did this strip, and titled it in homage to Anna's fondly-recalled Pajama-Man joke. (3) Semi-newbie Monocheres sees "Pajama Man", thinks "Spiderman", and treads down Anna's path.

*mutters under breath* Darn, now I gotta go back and read Ecclesiastes again ... *grumble, grumble* Stupid bronze-age book why does it have to be right sometimes ...

!?!!

??
Ahm, you ARE new here :wink:
There was one sometimes who was jelling "Pajama Man".
(And I think his "alter ego" was created during the Unicorn Jelly times, a historic age I was also not a part of the comunity.)
A parodistic comic was suddenly in the forum, made of the drawings of Mrs. Reitz.
Who made the collage? I wasn't.
And then I just mentioned the song, every one says Pajama Man, and I can't remember that Batman or Superman has such an earworm as hymn, if, - maybe I had used this...

"Jingle Bells, Pajama smells..." doesn't satisfied...

And another edit...
You and you all (Du und ihr anderen...)
You created the full songs and lyrics...
I can only create one or two lines of it, ... bah, you know, ... bad english...
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Alikat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:24 am

Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:55 am

The old story again:
A german producer bought the movie rights and shortly before the option was gone,
he involved Roger Corman to produce a cheap picture only for $1565,58.
This movie is now closed in a cupboard and we still wait for multi-million dollar version.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Iustinus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:45 pm

OK, OK I know I'm late, and this thread has long wandered off, but I'd feel remiss if I didn't say this before the next comic comes out:

"No lieutenant, your men are already dead."

(Of course this is assuming there has indeed been a "betrayal")

(^0^)=
Iustinus
Our New Friend

Postby Monocheres » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:56 pm

Isn't "BWAHAHA..." a cliche spelling for a "diabolical" laugh? It's still kind of ambiguous to me what Jennifer intends here, although I expect we'll find out presently. For the moment, we have to wonder whether this Vola is a betrayer springing a trap and laughing in evil triumph; or just innocently leading them to allies and laughing out of snarky, cynical mirth at what to her must seem a ludicrous image: Texto proposing to take on an entire armed troop, single-handed, weaponless, wearing nothing but "pajamas" -- and, isn't this rich -- this murderous, twisted "freak" is going to "nobly defend" his "family"? From her perspective, preposterous!

Well, as far as she knows, he's just another Texto. She doesn't know he's Virtue, a practitioner of the way of the Crystal Dao Fist, someone who's demonstrated (so far) that he can keep his own psychopathology in check, and dedicate himself to a noble (?) cause. Either this situation is about to be quickly defused, or she's about to learn just what he's capable of...

Edit: Actually, I can't say for sure whether the Texto she's seen already was or wasn't a Virtue as well...

Edit: Hmm, I guess the fact that the laugh trails off to a giggle lends more credence to the cynical mirth theory...
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:30 pm

Monocheres wrote:Edit: Actually, I can't say for sure whether the Texto she's seen already was or wasn't a Virtue as well...

"Went nuts and got put down" suggests that he wasn't.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alikat » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:29 pm

No, I think "Muahaha" is the evil laugh, and "bwa-ha-ha" is the sound of a ROFLcopter flying by.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Iustinus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Monocheres wrote:Isn't "BWAHAHA..." a cliche spelling for a "diabolical" laugh? It's still kind of ambiguous to me what Jennifer intends here, although I expect we'll find out presently. For the moment, we have to wonder whether this Vola is a betrayer springing a trap and laughing in evil triumph; or just innocently leading them to allies and laughing out of snarky, cynical mirth at what to her must seem a ludicrous image: Texto proposing to take on an entire armed troop, single-handed, weaponless, wearing nothing but "pajamas" -- and, isn't this rich -- this murderous, twisted "freak" is going to "nobly defend" his "family"? From her perspective, preposterous!

Well, as far as she knows, he's just another Texto. She doesn't know he's Virtue, a practitioner of the way of the Crystal Dao Fist, someone who's demonstrated (so far) that he can keep his own psychopathology in check, and dedicate himself to a noble (?) cause. Either this situation is about to be quickly defused, or she's about to learn just what he's capable of...

Edit: Actually, I can't say for sure whether the Texto she's seen already was or wasn't a Virtue as well...

Edit: Hmm, I guess the fact that the laugh trails off to a giggle lends more credence to the cynical mirth theory...

..! Rem acu tetigisti.
Iustinus
Our New Friend

Postby Monocheres » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:14 pm

Iustinus wrote:Rem acu tetigisti.

Tibi gratias ago.
---
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:26 am

Errrr... my subconscious may've been recycling something else, but as far as I was aware of, I came up with Pajama Man a while back (on the old forums, like 50 TSHes ago) as described here.

Your (Monocheres) parody song to the tune of the classic Spiderman theme is hilarious, and I really liked it :dead:

I hope that clears things up in some way. :oops:

I looked through most of Jenniverse once- never did finish Urban Gorillas though, come to think of it- and I have to say, looking at it again, Basketman reminds me of the most depressing webcomic I ever read (and it managed to be full of 4 channy memes and jokes and references and was still mind-blowingly depressing! Unicorn Jelly, 100% serious and full of deep writing, showing us lots of gruesome death and apocolypse and mauling and whatnot, is far less depressing. It was just.... horrifically sad) called "Nana's everyday life". Damn, don't read that if you feel suicidal in the least. Or if you're having a good day. *shivers* Though if you like actually kicking puppies and leaving them with broken spinal cords, you may find it funny.

Basketman is just black humor though. Much less gruesome, for sharing the same prime example of nightmarish existential horror as it's basis. It's sorta funny in a wrong way. :dead:
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Previous

Return to To Save Her