The Roberto Seixas Interview

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

The Roberto Seixas Interview

Postby Monocheres » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Youze guys, dat dere interview with Roberto, it do warm da cockles of my heart, lemme yell ya.

But too bad about dat Gabe fellah dere. Hey. Tough ting, huh?

Da gal what played Vola, she no gonna interview? What's up wid dat?

Lookin' ahead ... da lady what played Kaye is a Kaye already? Go figyah. And dis guy dat done Pho, he some hoity-toity named "Reese Swinburne"? Sounds like he musta done a lot of high-falutin' Shake-spear stuff. What, is he from over da Pond or sometin' ?
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Re: The Roberto Seixas Interview

Postby Mitsukara » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:12 am

With Millian- the original- being a character who hasn't appeared in so long, it's kind of an interesting parallel that the actor who played Yasui turns out to be dead (of implied AIDS no less). Hmm.

Very nice work, and I can't say I expected this at all- I reckoned on only the primary crew getting interviews! Who else will pop up now, I wonder?

Good luck to the troupe, indeed. I wonder if a certain actress who played Thilia may be in on that?
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Monocheres » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:19 am

Heyyyyy ... youze tink maybe we can get an interview wid da Director too? I means, da Directrix?

Heh heh. Jennifah, can we go an' call youze "Trixie"? Just sayin'.

(And that is about as much Noo Yawk accent as I can channel. ;-) )
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Mitsukara » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:25 am

Trixie, hehehe.
(I use my mod powars for spammy short posts with no point bwa ha ha)
Hello! ^^

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Quaeras » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 am

Rob: I get the impression Jennifer is pretty much done with the whole UJ thing, which I think is a shame.

When this hit print, a part of me died.
Two "Yay"s, one "Hey!" and an essay. Still counting.
Quaeras
100 Post Little Master

Postby draque » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:59 am

Quaeras wrote:
Rob: I get the impression Jennifer is pretty much done with the whole UJ thing, which I think is a shame.

When this hit print, a part of me died.

It's better to leave people wanting more than agreeing "It's time for her to lay off this story."
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:41 pm

draque wrote:
It's better to leave people wanting more than agreeing "It's time for her to lay off this story."

Tryslmaistan... was a gift. It's just about as juicy a creative fruit as anyone could hope to have fall on their head. I could literally mine that universe to the day I drop and still not even scratch the potential. I mean... damn.

But how long until both I, and the readers, start to get sick of it? "JDR only ever had one idea, and it's all she ever writes about". I'd be one-note Jenny, and I'd come to resent that, and resent even the gift of the universe of Tryslmaistan. Then the writing would suffer.

I could still come back, though, later, with fresh eyes and a new appraisal of the place.

And who knows? Maybe someday somebody might even think enough of the universe that they would want to tell stories in it. It could happen. Stop laughing. It worked for Lovecraft. Yeah, I know he was competent and good and talented and stuff. It could still happen. It could. Maybe the whole planet might catch the Tard Flu, and then my work would be seen as great. It could happen.

And if it did, my only request would be that the established physics thus far be respected, and that I be remembered as the one who discovered it. A universe is a big place. A lot of stories can happen there.

How could I not one day return to my golden, shining Tryslmaistan?
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Plasman » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Just so long as you don't wind up in a Stormfall splay by mistake, else how embarrassing would that be?

Monocheres wrote:Da gal what played Vola, she no gonna interview? What's up wid dat?

We already know why she won't be interviewed! :D

Also - is it just me, or does this fellah's name read as Roberto SEXI-AS? :oops: Well... now that you mention it...
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Plasman wrote:
Also - is it just me, or does this fellah's name read as Roberto SEXI-AS? :oops: Well... now that you mention it...

Hee! Apparently it's pronounced 'Say-Shas', if I remember correctly.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Anna » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:36 pm

Plasman wrote:
Monocheres wrote:Da gal what played Vola, she no gonna interview? What's up wid dat?

We already know why she won't be interviewed! :D

CGI?
I would more think about that she is doing method acting, and she's still so set into her role that she can't escape.
It shows: in everyone of us is sitting a Vola. Horrible but it's the truth.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Volair » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:15 pm

Actually, Jennifer, I fully intend to tell at least one or two Trys stories at some point. :3

However, if you want to ensure other writers feel comfortable picking up these ideas, you might want to consider a creative commons license...

http://creativecommons.org/
Last edited by Volair on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Volair wrote:Actually, Jennifer, I fully intend to tell at least one or two Trys stories at some point. :3

I would only be honored.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Volair » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:
Volair wrote:Actually, Jennifer, I fully intend to tell at least one or two Trys stories at some point. :3

I would only be honored.

Hm, maybe I can re-cast My Extra-Universal Vacation as a Trys story....
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Far down the road, the idea of doing a story set in Tryslmaistan is interesting to me as well (and I would especially like to see the story of the first people come to be), but my concerns about that would be:

(A) I still haven't got my own butt moving on establishing or properly making my own webcomic story, which bodes ill for side projects;

(B) I'm quite scared I'd screw up on the physics; even though they interest me, I question my own understanding and ability to remember and keep track of it all.

(C) I'm not sure if it would be worthy or in line enough with Jennifer's original work.

Maybe one day.
Hello! ^^

Mitsukara
Melon Class

Return to To Save Her