TSH #368 • Down


Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

TSH #368 • Down

Postby Monocheres » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Ouch! That's gotta hurt...

Try not to let it get you Down, folks, but it looks like our surviving adventurers aren't going to be surviving much longer ... unless perhaps some deus ex machina (or at least some machina ex deo) comes to their rescue pretty darn quick!

I wonder: Those translucent, ethereal, symbolic disks floating about ... are they the equivalent of billboards left behind by the Ascended? Or are they ... the Ascended themselves?
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
User avatar
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Penny Delta, Kingdom of the Moirolatres

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 pm

They do have repair machines. While violent and hurtful they should be able to make a recovery, even from the impact.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
User avatar
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Earth

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Skatche » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:22 am

Wizard CaT wrote:They do have repair machines. While violent and hurtful they should be able to make a recovery, even from the impact.


Not if their brains (or Jellese-equivalent systems) end up splattered across half the Pod.

This last impact doesn't look too bad, since most of their momentum is vertical. Probably just broke a few bones. It's the next one that'll kill 'em.
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

  Offline
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Ashes » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:40 am

Wizard CaT wrote:They do have repair machines.

Do they? Weren't the medical repair beds inside the part of the mover they ejected from? The city they're crashing into doesn't look bustling either. There's no ambulances flying around with portable medical beds.
User avatar
Ashes
Melon Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:09 am

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Monocheres » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:09 am

Ashes wrote:The city they're crashing into doesn't look bustling either.


Not corporeally bustling, no. Indeed, in terms of solid, tratonic life-forms, it appears down-right abandoned. But it may in fact be positively packed with electanically-based Ascended entities. I am still speculating on what those floating discs are. And notice how everything seems to be blurry, how the pod appears to be plowing through mist. Is that some manifestation of the presence of the Ascended as well?
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
User avatar
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Penny Delta, Kingdom of the Moirolatres

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Dan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:53 am

Monocheres wrote:I wonder: Those translucent, ethereal, symbolic disks floating about ... are they the equivalent of billboards left behind by the Ascended? Or are they ... the Ascended themselves?


Er, this looks likea MinYan city, just like we'd expect from the time given in Pastel.
I defie all the Quakers in England to match this incomparable piece of Nonsence and Enthusiastick Cant.
User avatar
Dan
Aw, they grow up so fast!

  Offline
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:01 am
Location: Malkuth

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Skatche » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Monocheres wrote:
Ashes wrote:The city they're crashing into doesn't look bustling either.


Not corporeally bustling, no. Indeed, in terms of solid, tratonic life-forms, it appears down-right abandoned. But it may in fact be positively packed with electanically-based Ascended entities. I am still speculating on what those floating discs are. And notice how everything seems to be blurry, how the pod appears to be plowing through mist. Is that some manifestation of the presence of the Ascended as well?


(a) It's motion blur, not electanic interference.
(b) It's smoke from the mover, not mist.
(c) I think it far too limiting to assume that the Ascended still live in Tryslmaistan and not in some kind of Utopian pocket universe.
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

  Offline
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Ashes wrote:
Wizard CaT wrote:They do have repair machines.

Do they? Weren't the medical repair beds inside the part of the mover they ejected from? The city they're crashing into doesn't look bustling either. There's no ambulances flying around with portable medical beds.


The beds are pointless, they just inject the machines into you. The machines I'm talking about are internal, and in a place like Tryst give you physical immortality.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
User avatar
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Earth

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby InterNutter » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:00 am

There was that life-raft thing that inflated when the sphere separated. Maybe that's meant to cushion hard landings? And with that large profile, it's almost guaranteed to find the bottom before any smaller, lighter survivors.

...right?

I say 'almost' because there's a possibility it might be 'sideways' to linovection and thus be lighter than expected. Never forget the Fuck-up Factor.
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie...
User avatar
InterNutter
Kumquat Class Sensei

  Offline
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:24 pm
Location: Burpengary [seriously, it's real]

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Skatche » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:01 am

InterNutter wrote:And with that large profile, it's almost guaranteed to find the bottom before any smaller, lighter survivors.


That's a good point. Except that, since it's not much smaller than the Pod itself, our heroes probably got caught underneath as it descended. Oops!
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

  Offline
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: TSH #368 • Down

Postby Coda » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:05 am

Perhaps the cushion uses some trick of physics (or even something as simple as a peg sliding in a groove) to make sure it slides around the perimeter of the pod rather than falling straight down.
User avatar
Coda
Magickal Melon 666

  Offline
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:19 pm
Location: Holy crap, Coda set an avatar


Return to To Save Her

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron