"An Apology, and a Plea for Patience."

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

"An Apology, and a Plea for Patience."

Postby eris » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Apology accepted. Anyone who's ever written anything at all - even just papers for a school class - knows that rewrites happen. It's just part of the process.

But please, put the original images on your omake page so we can see what might have been. I rather liked the image of Zeus holding a worldplate in one hand and a sun in the other. :-)
Eris

/* TODO: Think of a witty comment to sign with. Maybe a Stephen Wright joke? */
eris
Welcome, New User!

Re: "An Apology, and a Plea for Patience."

Postby Monocheres » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Hey, c'mon, don't get so down on yourself, Jennifer. All you did was give us a detour into one of the nearby alternate splays, to see what the driving was like there. Now we'll just follow the flagmen back onto the main highway to Hell. Just don't knock over any of those orange hyper-cones on the way. :mrgreen:
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Skatche » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:18 pm

For my own part, I found the plot twists intriguing. Maybe when the official version is over you can at least tell us what the detour might have led to?
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby macksting » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:26 pm

I'll trust you, Mrs. Reitz, on the matter of how this story should have gone. It's been a long journey, and I'd feel pretty silly getting upset over a bump in the road at this point. Even so, I confess that I'm curious to know how this take on it might have gone, flaws and all.
macksting
Cunning Linguist

Postby Anna » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Hey!
Alternate endings!
Wow!
Like on a DVD!

Don't put them away, and you should put it also in the later print version.
("Special Edition for Collectors" - A normal comic book, "Theatrical Version", and the "Creatrix Cut".)

...he, he, he, that's the curse of the looong working on a story...

^*^
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Tearlach » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:48 am

Is there any chance we could get both endings? Yeah, I'm greedy.
You might not think it is a good ending, but there is always someone out there who'll like that ending over the other. And hey, "pretentious crap" can be good too.
Tearlach
Ready For Fruit School

Postby Plasman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:41 am

Oh, %@ )): # ^^+ $!!
I stay away from the comic for a couple of days, and THIS happens...

That's okay, Jennifer. We understand. :D
It'd be nice to have the alt-comic stored somewhere (perhaps one of your famous Easter Eggs) just for posterity. I remember seeing the Zeus one, but missed the others... :(

Oh, and that image of Pho in the light is :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: !
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:02 am

I am busy, busy, busy drawing the ending. It will appear all at once, all of the last several pages, in one huge load on Monday, July 20th.

I will put the lost pages of the false ending, such as exist, in the last News post, when I publish the true ending to To Save Her. For the record, and for shits and giggles. And above all, because you asked.

There will be more character interviews in the weeks following the ending, so be sure to check back for that, and possibly other stuff too!

(^0^)= I will then relax/do preparations a bit, perhaps for a few weeks, maybe months, before starting on The Legend Of Ika Takozushi. Takozushi will be at http://takozushi.com/, though of course, like all my works, it will be easily found from my portal at http://jenniverse.com/.

Thank you so much for understanding. I haven't had a brain-fart that bad in a while, I guess I just got ending jitters.

Four years, very close to the day: July 9th, 2005 to July 20th, 2009. Nine years of doing webcomics altogether. That's kind of a lot.

I think I've come a ways in that time, from my early DPaint scribbles to now. To me it looks like I've improved, anyway. A little, at least. Drawing is hard! Harder than I imagined, anyway. Hard for me, at least. Sometimes I think it is a LOT easier for other folks.

Goddess, I'm tired tonight. It was very hard coming out with "I fucked up". That's tough to have to admit. Eeeek!
#_@
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Relee » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:04 am

Well it's not like you're any worse than Gainax. ^.^;;

Boyon-boyon! <3
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby draque » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:06 am

Hey, it's better to see that you're taking the end where you want it now, rather than after having completed the story that way. A lesser story teller in your position would have said "Ah well, this is good enough."

edit: "not" removed...
Last edited by draque on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monocheres » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:50 am

draque wrote:Hey, it's better to see that you're not taking the end where you want it now, rather than after having completed the story that way. A lesser story teller in your position would have said "Ah well, this is good enough."

Draque did you mean to say that "not"? What you said seems to make more sense without it.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Ashes » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:13 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:Nine years of doing webcomics altogether

@,@
W!!
(^^>

You're an unstoppable comicking machine! Go Jenny, Go!
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Eep » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:25 pm

If Orson Scott Card can publish "A Planet Called Treason", and then heavily revise the story and republish it as "Treason", I see no reason you can't revise your story, too.

I admire your willingness to dare to change the story. And also your willingness to stop and revise when you feel it's going the wrong way.

^v^
Eep
Our New Friend

Postby draque » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Monocheres wrote:
draque wrote:Hey, it's better to see that you're not taking the end where you want it now, rather than after having completed the story that way. A lesser story teller in your position would have said "Ah well, this is good enough."

Draque did you mean to say that "not"? What you said seems to make more sense without it.

Erm... yeah, what Mono said. I do a basic spelling/grammar check before I post, but I missed the "logic" step there. ^^()
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby macksting » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:31 am

Eep wrote:If Orson Scott Card can publish "A Planet Called Treason", and then heavily revise the story and republish it as "Treason", I see no reason you can't revise your story, too.

*grins* I just can't see Card as a boundless font of wisdom in any regard. I've read Ender's Shadow. I've read Songmaster. And, my sweet lord, I've read Children of the Mind. Just... blah.
Mrs. Reitz, you're better than Orson Scott Card. For one thing, your gay people don't also make a point of saying they're sexually attracted to sheep.
macksting
Cunning Linguist

Postby onigame » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:49 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I will put the lost pages of the false ending, such as exist, in the last News post, when I publish the true ending to To Save Her. For the record, and for shits and giggles. And above all, because you asked.

Thank you! This will help greatly with the confusion I'm feeling as I read the responses to the last few strips...
onigame
Welcome, New User!

Postby Anna » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:47 pm

Is it true?
A real new forumite and no spammer?
Welcome!
And don't feel confused.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Yes, welcome! Welcome!

Oh... I fixed the quote block for you... apparently it needs a "/quote" to work. PHPBBS is a finicky little thing. Ah well.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Wizard CaT » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I am busy, busy, busy drawing the ending. It will appear all at once, all of the last several pages, in one huge load on Monday, July 20th.

What the hell I won't be home from the 19th until the 22nd!!! :|
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby onigame » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Anna wrote:Is it true?
A real new forumite and no spammer?
Welcome!

I don't post on the forum much but I have been reading JDR's stuff since 2000. I occasionally lurk in these forums when I want extra illumination.
onigame
Welcome, New User!

Next

Return to To Save Her