To Save Her - THE END

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

Re: To Save Her - THE END

Postby macksting » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 am

Volair wrote:I say all this so you will understand that what I'm about to say is not a backhanded compliment: This is the first time you've really stuck an ending RIGHT.

Respectfully, I disagree. I realize I may also be disagreeing with the Creatrix on this, too, and I'm fine with that. See, I really liked the way Unicorn Jelly ended, with that soft click. Admittedly, it wasn't really the end, not in the long run, but it was a payoff to see the end from Chou's aged eyes. I liked it, sort of like the bounty hunter in the Firefly episode "Objects In Space."
Well... Here I am.

Edit: So I mean to say, I think she's nailed an ending nicely more than once.
macksting
Cunning Linguist

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:26 am

Skatche wrote:I'm curious: had you kept on with Pho being in league with the Ascended Unity, would it still have ended the same, with him rushing off to find Kaye? Or would it have diverged entirely?

Exactly the same; Pho finally decides to go help Kaye. That part was absolutely in no doubt, however the ending is done. It's the very point of the story: Pho has To Save Her.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby vernes » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:45 am

But... what will I do now?
vernes
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:07 pm

vernes wrote:But... what will I do now?

Come back, at least for the next five weeks... as a very special To Save Her bonus is offered on Friday and Monday, with special stuff on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, I will be getting Ika Takozushi ready to go, and that, hopefully, will be super neato.

And after that... well, either Centurion or Whistlestop top my list. I'm still thinking, though...
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Monocheres » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:29 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:a very special To Save Her bonus is offered on Friday and Monday

Ehhh ... I hope this is not a "very special" episode of To Save Her in this sense.
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:46 pm

Monocheres wrote:
Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:a very special To Save Her bonus is offered on Friday and Monday

Ehhh ... I hope this is not a "very special" episode of To Save Her in this sense.

I intend to tackle AIDS, prejudice, the dangers of drinking, teen pregnancy, suicide, and The Prom. In that order.

No. God no.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby macksting » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:10 am

What is this Centurion? Sounds interesting.
macksting
Cunning Linguist

Postby Monocheres » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:
Monocheres wrote:

I intend to tackle AIDS, prejudice, the dangers of drinking, teen pregnancy, suicide, and The Prom. In that order.

No. God no.

Whew ... wouldn't want you to jump the shark!

//]
---
(formerly known as Synetos Protos ... but Monocheres was an even cooler character)
Monocheres
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Volair » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:21 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I intend to tackle AIDS, prejudice, the dangers of drinking, teen pregnancy, suicide, and The Prom. In that order.

No. God no.

I think that could work as long as you did them exactly simultaneously. :mrgreen:
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:35 pm

Volair wrote:
Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:I intend to tackle AIDS, prejudice, the dangers of drinking, teen pregnancy, suicide, and The Prom. In that order.

No. God no.

I think that could work as long as you did them exactly simultaneously. :mrgreen:

Heh!! That's almost worth doing just for the sheer awfulness of it!
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Volair » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:
Volair wrote:

No. God no.

Heh!! That's almost worth doing just for the sheer awfulness of it!

Okay, admittedly it'd also be virtually indistinguishable from Romeo and Juliet...
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:42 pm

I vote that this be Jennifer's next comic.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Monthenor » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:00 am

It already is. Ika Takozushi's second story arc will be him rescuing a young pregnant princess from a rival kingdom, which is putting on a massive bacchanal in preparation to sacrifice their young prince along with her in a ritualistic murder/suicide. This sacrifice is intended to give them the edge in a war with the first kingdom, whom they hate because of their slightly different fur color. Uh...and at the end AIDS shows up in a giant robot.
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby Alfador » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:10 am

Volair wrote:

Okay, admittedly it'd also be virtually indistinguishable from Romeo and Juliet...

HOLY FARG YES.

Prejudice: The Montagues and Capulets hate each other on principle, even if they'd actually like each other as persons. Suicide: Romeo and the poison, Juliet and the happy dagger. The dangers of drinking: Romeo and the poison, Juliet and the coma drug. Teen pregnancy: There was quite a bit of time between Act 2 and Act 3, after the secret wedding... The Prom: The ball before the balcony scene. AIDS: Friar John was sealed in a house / Where the infectious pestilence did reign, and so did not get the message through to Romeo that Juliet was only mostly dead.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Ejia » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 am

Monthenor wrote:Uh...and at the end AIDS shows up in a giant robot.

The Advanced Indestructible Diodic Savior?
This space for rent
Disclaimer: Space not actually for rent. Side effects of space include dizziness, nausea, mild diarrhea, hair loss, and/or ascent to a higher plane of existence.
Ejia
Blueberry Class

Postby TurtleFlower » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:06 am

Wonderful! Excellent!

Not to repeat what has been said but, your artwork shows your dedication to your work. In that it grows and matures not just in skill but in reflecting the tone of a piece as well. This ending is satisfying and doesn't say too much. I loved PDH and I thought the ending was wonderful and beautiful but perhaps did not leave as much to the imagination. But then, it was supposed to resemble a very distorted magical girl sort of story, in which it performed exceedingly well! And in this Noir tale from Tryslmaistan, the story is dark and full of foreboding imagery. However, in the end, the ending is mostly happy for most of the characters. The end is still smoky and dark, but more uplifting then a normal noir piece. So, it might not have been the best Noir ending but it was the best To Save Her Ending I could have wanted.

After years and years, from Unicorn Jelly to the first UJ forum to PDH to To Save Her I find myself coming back again and again. I cannot stay away from your magical stories or these forums. Some of my closest friends and loved ones came from and inhabit this place as well... in addition to a lover left behind.

Thank you for everything you have done, your stories, your games, your anecdotes and the opportunity for us all to gather here.
~~ So says an animate pile of gears and cogs with a soul ~~
TurtleFlower
Ready For Fruit School

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:27 pm

TurtleFlower wrote:Wonderful! Excellent!
Thank you for everything you have done, your stories, your games, your anecdotes and the opportunity for us all to gather here.

Thank you very much, TurtleFlower! ^v^
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby draque » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:37 pm

Ok, I was done at the giant robot piloted by AIDS. I couldn't get past that one with a straight face. ^^
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Previous

Return to To Save Her