#284 History

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

#284 History

Postby SilverFeathers » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:46 pm

Chou looks so... goddess-like today.... but Kaye... Today she sent a shudder down my spine with her words...

...I think I might be in love... @,@

I can't wait to see how this ends... and I think I want to see Kay succeed. Just a bit. Just to see.
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Re: #284 History

Postby strange_person » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Is the rest of the crew listening to this monologue?
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:56 pm

http://pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20284.html

N00000bs!

Seriously though, Kaye is going to be foiled badly. But the question is in which way! There is the suit ticking down silently, the blown off head, which we MAY have seen in Pastel laying around. Ah which way indeed.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:24 pm

How can I be a noob? I joined up the same day as the forum admins. I patched up Officer Aharu's face, and poked her with a pointy stick to help her relax. I've got more posts than any two, or most threesomes. When Zack invaded, I was the first into the breach!
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Nick » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:54 pm

So that is where Cursor came from after all!

Speculation: CONFIRMED
It's short for Nicole.
Nick
Apple Class

Postby Zev » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:32 pm

I think one of the most important things you can do, and I say this from the heart, is not horribly insult the nice ultra intelligent hybrid crystal gal who is about to reprogram the scary future thingy for you....

... 'cus she just might leave you a little surprize there. :explode:
Zev
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby strange_person » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:41 pm

Ah, but Chou doesn't do vengeance. She only kills people who present a current, or probable future, threat.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby meatwhichdreams » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:19 am

The last time we saw this room in Pastel, it wasn't so nice and clean: http://pasteldefender.com/106.html Cursor had plenty of tidying up to do when she activated: http://pasteldefender.com/175.html

And as Jennifer pointed out on an earlier thread, there was/will be a sand garden as well then: http://pasteldefender.com/107.html

If Kaye is using Chou here to simply activate Cursor, that's one hell of a long boot-up. Perhaps it was merely a side-effect of activating Computer Chou, which may have been a side effect of a side effect of etc.etc....
meatwhichdreams
Grape Class

Postby Wanderer » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:27 am

meatwhichdreams wrote:The last time we saw this room in Pastel, it wasn't so nice and clean: http://pasteldefender.com/106.html Cursor had plenty of tidying up to do when she activated: http://pasteldefender.com/175.html

Second link has some unsettling clues in the final panel...

Ye gods, Kaye, can you sound any crazier? Maybe if you mix in some insane laughter and some paranoid comments about "them" trying to stop you... Your "other way" doesn't seem to have worked too well. You're still nuts, and still unable to really handle things you don't understand.

Ever since this place switched over to the "new" type of forums, I haven't bothered remaking an account until now, and I've missed most of the discussion as well. Has it been discussed where, on that grand chart of the multiverse we saw near the end of Pastel Defender Heliotrope, this arrival is? I only see one post-singularity arrival, and it seems way far in the future, beyond the awakening of Cursor and all that. There's one slightly prior to singularity, but it's close enough to the Burangidaeni arrival I'd almost think it was her starting point. Ah well. You've probably all discussed this already and I'm too lazy to go searching.
Wanderer
Our New Friend

Postby NMcCoy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:36 am

Wanderer wrote:Second link has some unsettling clues in the final panel...

Oh my. I would not have noticed that had you not pointed it out... Looks like a " :explode: " to me.
Monthenor wrote:
strange_person wrote:The underlying problem is that people in sufficiently hostile and/or chaotic circumstances drift back toward the R-type reproduction strategy.
They...collect colored orbs to influence the development of their somewhat-detachable attack pod?
Man, if kids could shoot wave lasers I'd be trying to have one.
NMcCoy
Ready For Fruit School

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:59 pm

Kind of what I meant by "blown off head" in my post.

I wonder if she really uses the Chou 3000. Maybe the Chou 2000 is the unit which gets turned on…
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby andvari » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Kai says "Chou 3000" when she is speaking in to her blue-tooth looking headset.

http://pasteldefender.com/

I doubt she would make that sort of mistake. What surprises me is the fact she curses like people today.
andvari
Our New Friend

Postby Wizard CaT » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:16 pm

andvari wrote:Kai says "Chou 3000" when she is speaking in to her blue-tooth looking headset.

http://pasteldefender.com/

I doubt she would make that sort of mistake. What surprises me is the fact she curses like people today.

I didn't say THAT wasn't the 3k unit, just that maybe it's not used. The 2k unit was destroyed in the future... who knows what will happen. Plus we oddly don't see the "3" anywhere. I dunno maybe it's reading into it to much. Is it Friday yet? :(
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:25 pm

meatwhichdreams wrote:The last time we saw this room in Pastel, it wasn't so nice and clean: http://pasteldefender.com/106.html Cursor had plenty of tidying up to do when she activated: http://pasteldefender.com/175.html

Second link has some unsettling clues in the final panel...

Look at 2nd pic in first link...
"It was THERE the WHOLE TIME!!!"

Exactly how far back DID you come up with TSH, Jennifer? Had you conceived the other comic at this point of PDH?
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby meatwhichdreams » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

And lo, Cursor spoke unto itself like unto a cranky child, and declared the devastation of Chou 2000:

http://pasteldefender.com/149.html

Just for reference, and geeking out-ness over the teeny ragged scrap of pink in the corner.
meatwhichdreams
Grape Class

Postby Alikat » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Try to look at this from Kaye's perspective: She lives in a splay that has plenty fo data on Stormfall and Chou and how Chou used the flesh of a teal mutated Jellese to create a drug that allowed her to control the behavior of ordinary Jellese. Kaye knew that that was essentially KAYE who Chou had "utilized."

Kaye's splay also has enough scientific data to understand that the Hyperspace Rain doesn't TRANSPORT living creatures from other universes into Trys, it COPIES them like silly-putty copies comic strip characters, and then dumps them into Trys.

Kaye has put two and two together and gotten 3.9999... repeating. Imagine you are Kaye, and you have discovered that the monsters responsible for the most recent bout of Stormfall in Trys aren't even real stranded people, they're mere DUPLICATES of actual living people. Your people have been conquered and subverted and even exterminated across virtually every splay in your cosmos, have been essentially REPLACED with some hybrid culture. You're Kaye, and all the suffering from your mutation came into Trys along with the monsters.

So Kaye is doing what any white-blooded Tryslmstainian would do, she is REPELLING THE INVADERS, in the best way she knows how, by preventing them from being copied into Trys in the first place. No worries about all the eggs she's breaking in the making of this temporal omellette, since all of her actions will be undone with everything else. Kaye is trying to create the Jellese version of Heaven on Earth, which would be "Perfect Clockwork Trys."

Obviously such an effort requires access to Singularity-level technology, because she will have to make physical changes to the hyperspace map. At that level of operations, her goals are actually obtainable, though it would be unlikely that hyperspace-capable entities interested in Trys for any reason would allow her to proceed uninhibited. Most likely she's been manipulated since long before "she thought of this plan."
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby draque » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:13 pm

Well, her plans would be useless in an ultimate sense. Worse than useless, even... Humans seem to be the first species that has been able to beat stormfall. Even if other species are dragged into Trys in the future by the rain (as seems inevitable), the chances of them beating stormfall as the humans have is... remote. By destroying the humans, Kaye would only ensure that the cycle of annihilation of her home universe continues.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:17 pm

Unless, of course, she stopped all the rain, retroactively restoring Trys to it's pristine, pre-stormfall state.

A priceless opportunity for Krawlni metahistorians.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Volair » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:34 pm

meatwhichdreams wrote:And lo, Cursor spoke unto itself like unto a cranky child, and declared the devastation of Chou 2000:

http://pasteldefender.com/149.html

Just for reference, and geeking out-ness over the teeny ragged scrap of pink in the corner.

:explode:

OH MY FARGNAXING GODDESS AND I MEAN THAT AS DISGUSTINGLY LITERALLY AS YOU CARE TO IMAGINE

You ma'am. Have just BLOWN my mind.

W!!
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Alikat » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:09 am

Heh we flipped out over Kaye's bow being there in that chamber back when the strip came out. The top of her H-Hold unit's skull and some mechanical debris including a hex nut is there under that ancient shatterel, too. :)

Not to mention some dried-out old Jellese blood. 8O
http://pasteldefender.com/175.html
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Next

Return to To Save Her