#289 - Buttons

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

#289 - Buttons

Postby Tychomonger » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:36 pm

#289 - Buttons

Only emerges...

... and checks out his butt. What's he gonna do with all that junk inside his trunk?
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Re: #289 - Buttons

Postby Anna » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:40 am

Tychomonger wrote:#289 - Buttons

Only emerges...

... and checks out his butt. What's he gonna do with all that junk inside his trunk?

Shoot back... maybe, ey?
http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save ... 20059.html
http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save ... 20060.html
http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save ... 20061.html
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Alikat » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:07 am

Interesting, this is sort of telegraphing how Only exists simultaneously across multiple splays. Remember, the crate got snipped in this panel, but that Mover was destroyed by Wai's father, so Only must have done the exact same thing in THIS Mover. Also, the multiple buttons demonstrates that while one button hit Only in our Kaye's first Mover, Only has accumulated buttons from other Kayes on other Movers.

But gosh, the Recycler's power line is now feeding Chou's regeneration tank, so ze buttonz, zey do nossink!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:36 am

Alikat wrote:Interesting, this is sort of telegraphing how Only exists simultaneously across multiple splays.

He is the Only one! #_@
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Alikat » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:42 am

It's an alien probe, AND a dessert topping!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Monthenor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:17 am

Alikat wrote:Remember, the crate got snipped in this panel, but that Mover was destroyed by Wai's father, so Only must have done the exact same thing in THIS Mover.

I read that a little differently. I don't know why, but it felt like Only just did it again to this crate while working out the process of slicing those buttons off his own body. Mainly because it would be unlikely for that piece of crate to still be in that exact spot, right? Maybe not. Maybe nobody on the crew is on cleaning duty.
Monthenor
Apple Class

Postby Volair » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:44 pm

One thing is fairly evident to me, tho.

Only's gonna have a tail soon :mrgreen:
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Gideon_Wells » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:27 am

I read that a little differently. I don't know why, but it felt like Only just did it again to this crate while working out the process of slicing those buttons off his own body. Mainly because it would be unlikely for that piece of crate to still be in that exact spot, right? Maybe not. Maybe nobody on the crew is on cleaning duty.

Good point.

In theory the other crew, depending on exploits, might not have either cared or were too busy to notice a little chunk of the crate. Plus compare the original chip to the current one. It fell in a different direction and considering the distance was removed with a less energetic strike.

So I think I'll go with your theory with Only recalling that original gash.
Gideon_Wells
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Postby draque » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:57 pm

Actually... I think this one is supposed to be the original machine that Kaye had. The reason I think that is this; the machine Kaye originally had was not destroyed in Ngo's splay, but traded out in Virtue's. They got on the wrong mover. It was that mover which was destroyed. Their original mover was presumably picked up by another splay's version of Kaye. They switched movers a second time on Ngo's splay. They switched movers once more when they were in Vola's splay and used the Krawlni's ship to slide over a few splays. This is the machine that they are currently using (or rather, the aspect of it). It seems likely that it was picked up from Virtue's splay by another Kaye, who made it to another splay similar to Vola's. That crew was bumped out of the picture when our Kaye showed up a second time and grabbed it up.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alikat » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:35 am

Perhaps when the Krawlni returned everyone to their Movers, it returned them to their ORIGINAL Movers, because the Krawlini's senses can actually tell which Crew and Mover started from which Splay.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Return to To Save Her