To Save Her - #290 - Tail

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

To Save Her - #290 - Tail

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:14 pm

http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save ... 20290.html

Only likes to cut himself! I mean, oh look a tail. How unexpected. They must have been uncomfortable, or Only didn't realize the recycler is effectively offline.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Re: To Save Her - #290 - Tail

Postby Ashes » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:33 pm

I don't think KayWai would think twice about redirecting power from Chou's tank to the recycler, if Only were trying to cut KayWai's head in half.

edit: Unless that's not possible. Which it might not be. And even if she did, wouldn't that risk a gray goo situation? Does the tank need power to keep the goo under control?
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:15 pm

Ashes wrote:I don't think KayWai would think twice about redirecting power from Chou's tank to the recycler, if Only were trying to cut KayWai's head in half.

edit: Unless that's not possible. Which it might not be. And even if she did, wouldn't that risk a gray goo situation? Does the tank need power to keep the goo under control?

Considering how fast we've seen Uni move, I doubt it'd be possible.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby draque » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:02 am

I think the TSH has a more realistic view on nanomachines. I'm guessing that without power or instruction, the nanomachines just idle or shut down.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alikat » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:56 am

But there is free electanic power all over the place in Trys. They already mentioned in the comic how dangerous unprogrammed nano can be.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby draque » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 am

Alikat wrote:But there is free electanic power all over the place in Trys. They already mentioned in the comic how dangerous unprogrammed nano can be.

In this comic, Kaye mentions the danger, but she's being so flippant I'm not sure if it's sarcastic or not. Anyhow, it's a moot point now that Only is free of the disks. With only 10 comics remaining (I'm assuming that the 300th marked "goodbye" is the end), I'm wondering if this is going to spell the end for Kaye. If nothing else, I'm willing to bet this is how she loses her head. Stuff is going to have to happen fast to fit it all into those strips, given that they're going to have to end up in the ship in the position we saw earlier to complete the time loop.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:30 am

Who says it has to end at 300?
It could have been an optimistic guess on Jennifer's behalf...
Then again, considering how much planning she's put into this, I'll bet she's storyboarded this well in advance, so maybe 300 IS "Goodbye".

Though, there may be one or two loose ends that need tying up yet...

Jennifer, if you're reading this, don't feel you have to cram the story just to make it fit into a nice even number! Let the tale flow naturally...

EDIT:
Looks like it probably WON'T end at 300 after all... unless Jen has figured out some new counting system.
Have a close look at the very bottom of the list, and see if you spot anything odd.
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Mitsukara » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Perhaps "goodbye" isn't the end of the story so much as an important turning point.
*bets the Falcon on it*

The prescense of a second set of 291-300 looks like a scripting error, unless the timeline gets real complex down the line.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Wic » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:09 am

My bet is on time travel to fix something harble.
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
Wic
Apple Class

Postby Plasman » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:08 am

...The presence of a second set of 291-300 looks like a scripting error, unless the timeline gets real complex down the line.
...My bet is on time travel to fix something harble.

Actually, I just figured it was Jennifer just accommodating for further panels in the comic, and not bothering to edit them to read 301, 302, etc.
Notice how all the blank labels just say "a", and not "Blank" or "Coming Soon". My guess is that Jennifer figures it'll be fixed up eventually, so there's little point in dressing it up in the meantime.
It's all just placeholders for now. Nothing significant... probably. Who can tell?
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:46 am

It's a farce! The story will end on page #299. There will be no epilogue material or ending screen or any kind of #300. Haha!
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Return to To Save Her