#293 - Fool

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

#293 - Fool

Postby EvilMidnightLurker » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:49 pm

So, at last, this.

Kaye wants nothing less than to end her suffering, the suffering of all Kayes, the suffering of all Jellese. In fact, she wants more: she wants to obliterate herself. To have never been.

Yeah, with this and your earlier revelations about the Krawlnis' motivations...

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:The notion is that there were once (in some hyper-hyper time sense) parents to Tryslmaistan, an original parent universe from which it budded off, but that universe was erased, destroyed, eliminated such that it never existed, leaving the substance of Tryslmaistan rippling back in time to generate a past for itself as a form of ontological survival. By studying this, the Krawlni hope to gain insight into this imagined supernal realm above the level of the multiverse itself. This was what brought the Krawlni to crash into Tryslmaistan... it flew too close to the candle, as it were.

If such a supernal realm does exist, if the Krawlni are right, then there would have been not only a beginning to the universe of Tryslmaistan, but also an original state of grace for that universe where the memories of a perfect Tryslmaistan locked in the genetic structure of the Jellese would be vindicated. Those memories are possibly crumbs and bits left over from whatever extramultiversal cataclysm might have erased the parent universe of Tryslmaistan. Of course, this is all just Krawlni theory, and even they have no proof of it. Yet.

But if it were true, then perhaps there was a 'hyper-hyper time' where Tryslmaistan was perfect, and where there was no multiversal rain passing through it. Perhaps the multiversal rainstorm is the wake, the churn, the ripples left by the parent-destroying cataclysm... or, more likely, the multiversal rain is just a natural weather of the multiverse, which intersected Tryslmaistan after that same cataclysm.

The Krawlni consider such research of import for obvious reasons; if there is a supernal realm in which multiverses float just as universes sit within a multiverse, and that realm has its own phenomena, its own weather, which is capable of excising entire branches of the tree of causality in the multiverse... then every universe is potentially at risk. Not just at risk of being destroyed or affected, but at risk of having never existed at all, a state from which the Krawlni can currently see no possible rescue or solution.

So the big question is whether or not there ever was a 'perfect' Tryslmaistan, and if there was, how that could be, and what that means on larger scales than the... largest scale. These are the questions creatures like the Krawlni ponder... what the beginning of a universe without any beginning would actually mean, or be.

If they ever find out for sure, I will pass it on.

...I stand, without hesitation or reservation, with the Krawlni and against Kaye. Oblivion is the Enemy, in a sense the ONLY Enemy. If there is a Heaven and souls are eternal, the destruction or abnegation of even a single soul is the most monstrous crime possible; if not, then it is imperative that we create such a place and such eternal souls, as did Fuschia and Heliotrope.

It is always better to exist than not, to experience the world rather than to escape it.

...yeah, I wouldn't make a very good Buddhist, I don't think. :?
Surf's up, space ponies -- I'M MAKIN' GRAVY WITHOUT THE LUMPS!!!!!
EvilMidnightLurker
Our New Friend

Re: #293 - Fool

Postby Tychomonger » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:27 am

EvilMidnightLurker wrote:...I stand, without hesitation or reservation, with the Krawlni and against Kaye.

Then you stand in square-root-of-negative-one land. There is no such position. As you have seen, the existence of a pure, un-rained-upon cosmos is of great interest to the Krawlni. The Krawlni scientist, who crashed his Mover studying the very interesting beginningless Tryslmaistan, would love to know what it looked like before it got rained upon.

Kaye is a tool of the Krawlni.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:45 am

The crashed Krawlni may well be unmade by kaye's 'reset,' and seems to have cauterized the cascade event in an attempt to prevent it.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alikat » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:47 am

Embrace the Abyss. The Spirit of the Abyss hates you, but underneath that hate, there is love. The Spirit of the Abyss knows that the condition of Life in this Universe is a condition of near-total pain, and that the only peace and surcease from pain is Death. Once the Spirit of the Abyss stretches its hand across this Universe and heals it, there shall be eternal peace and there will be no more pain forever.

Feel the love!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Tychomonger » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:04 am

strange_person wrote:The crashed Krawlni may well be unmade by kaye's 'reset,' and seems to have cauterized the cascade event in an attempt to prevent it.

Do you honestly think a single half blind and stranded Krawlni has the resources to capture and contain all the vectors in a Cascade Event? No. Not possible. For that show of force, you would have to be some sort of Ascended Unity, operating in its own turf, desperately trying to maintain its own existence, finding it truly threatened for the first time ever.

The Krawlni probably was trying to do just what Kaye is now, remove the Multiversal Rain from existence, when he was shot down by the Ascended Unity of Tryslmaistan. He is still trying to accomplish this goal, but could never go do it himself. The Ascended Unity would notice that for sure. So has sent our Kaye forward to do it for him. She can slip under the radar while the Ascended Unity is otherwise occupied by rounding up all the Kayes and putting them in their cute little love-conquers-all blank splay.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alikat » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:20 am

The thought occurs: We know Jesus-lovin' Vola winds up in Pho's old splay, the splay of the Khans, seconds after the Mover leaves her in the weeds. Do you think she still has that amazing high-tech object in her pocket that would be worth anything she asked on a high-tech splay, but is only a brick on that very splay? :D

Of course, it WOULD be the equivalent of an Electronic Thumb in the "Hitchhiker's Guide" series if it's designed the way I think it is. So maybe she can use it to find a ride off the splay after all.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:54 am

Kaye may be succesfull in her view, but it will not work.
For example, I've got two editions of the Unicorn Jelly book at home, they will not disapear.
(except throwing it into the garbage can, a fire, to be stolen or other very unreal things, but they exist!)
There will be always a remembering, a reminding to this universe of Jellese and human beings.
Her plan will fail, well from the view of a mundis universe.
I wonder if our knowledge of the unicorn jelly and PDH universes has changed the physicall rules in Tryslmaistan and Pastel, and so every timeline is stable.
She can create an other possibility, but the adventures will not become unwritten.

That's a mundis placed view of things.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby strange_person » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:59 am

Alikat wrote:Of course, it WOULD be the equivalent of an Electronic Thumb in the "Hitchhiker's Guide" series if it's designed the way I think it is. So maybe she can use it to find a ride off the splay after all.

She's using it when we first see her. It can track movers, but not interface with them, and is useless in a splay which is without movers.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Plasman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:22 am

Just a quick note to say, Great Artwork, Jennifer!
We appreciate it even more knowing how much effort you put into it.
^v^
Also, I am glad you're not letting your nerves get the better of you. We all look forward to your progress.
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby draque » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 am

Honestly... more than anything else, I can see the temptation felt by the Krawlni. The concept of an additional dimensional vector isn't necessarily a revolutionary, but from what Jenny's told us, it has evidence towards what amounts to an immortal soul. I can't say that I'm sure I would be able to resist well... anything at all if I was faced with the possibility of having access to something like that.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:25 pm

draque wrote:Honestly... more than anything else, I can see the temptation felt by the Krawlni. The concept of an additional dimensional vector isn't necessarily a revolutionary, but from what Jenny's told us, it has evidence towards what amounts to an immortal soul. I can't say that I'm sure I would be able to resist well... anything at all if I was faced with the possibility of having access to something like that.

Interestingly, as we will see, Kaye has quite an issue with the idea of immortal souls, at least as seen within her culture, and this point is key to her self-justifications.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Alikat wrote:the Abyss.

*shits a brick because someone referenced Andromeda and it wasn't her*

*hugs*
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Alikat » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:33 am

I know how to handle a High Guard force lance, of course!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Skatche » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:47 pm

Two points:

* Kaye is in fact not going to obliterate herself - only the armies of Kay Wai jellies created by Chou. Kaye will lose her H-hold unit, but that will be immaterial since she'll never have seen humans in the first place.
* I hope (but do not really expect) that Kaye will succeed. That'd be high-larious.
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby dragonnorn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:21 pm

Skatche wrote:Two points:

* Kaye is in fact not going to obliterate herself - only the armies of Kay Wai jellies created by Chou. Kaye will lose her H-hold unit, but that will be immaterial since she'll never have seen humans in the first place.

Kaye will at the very least... not be the Kay we know. Since she's a mutant caused by vlax powered dandelions. So if she were to manage not erasing herself entirely she'd come out 'normal' for jellese ... heck she'd probably be a 'he' aswell, and not have the ribbon.

Are the H-hold Kaye's still prostitutes by choice or is that bit of their history distorted on the splays with movers? I know the dandelion bit seems like it carries over in one form or another.
dragonnorn
Welcome, New User!

Postby draque » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:32 am

dragonnorn wrote:Are the H-hold Kaye's still prostitutes by choice or is that bit of their history distorted on the splays with movers? I know the dandelion bit seems like it carries over in one form or another.

I'm fairly certain I remember a discussion earlier that led to Jenny explaining that the concept of paid sex workers was a human one that came over with the multiversal rain.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:43 pm

draque wrote:
dragonnorn wrote:Are the H-hold Kaye's still prostitutes by choice or is that bit of their history distorted on the splays with movers? I know the dandelion bit seems like it carries over in one form or another.

I'm fairly certain I remember a discussion earlier that led to Jenny explaining that the concept of paid sex workers was a human one that came over with the multiversal rain.

Yes. Jellese culture is inevitably eradicated in favor of human culture. This always happens when a higher technology, or more aggressive, or more dynamic, or more ruthless culture interacts with a culture not any of these things. It isn't just that the winner merely writes history, the winner remakes right and wrong, real and unreal, truth and fiction, -reality itself- for the conquered. One day the tribal gods are true, the next the invaders gods are. One day the laws of the tribe are right and wrong, the next the law of the invader is the only law. One day the world is known absolutely, the next a new idea of the world replaces it.

The humans define the new, copycat subculture of those Jellese that survive initial contact. Jellese culture is all but entirely lost; only fragments remain... a bit of language, a few stories, a myth or two. And the Jellese, lesser class citizens, do what they must, or can, to survive in the new world created by the humans.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby InterNutter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:17 am

I've had one of my famous brain farts in which a nasty patch of clarity descends upon me from a great height.

Spoilers:
Kaye will not only fail to stop the multiversal rain, but will, in fact, wind up causing it.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I usually am with these things.
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie
The sig is a lie...
InterNutter
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Anna » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:50 am

Aha, interessant.

But it could also be possible that Kaye creates Tryslmaistan 2.0
And maybe in the end she will be surprised like the guy in the movie "Quiet Earth" as he realized there's nothing again as it was before.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby RaharuAharu » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:16 pm

Anna wrote:Aha, interessant.

But it could also be possible that Kaye creates Tryslmaistan 2.0
And maybe in the end she will be surprised like the guy in the movie "Quiet Earth" as he realized there's nothing again as it was before.

Oh, I have not seen that film in some time, but I remember it very vividly. The isolation angle hit me very hard. Chironites are very social creatures.
Hello! *~( ! !)>
Alien Parachronism
RaharuAharu
1000 Post Forum Master!

Return to To Save Her