#300 Place

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

#300 Place

Postby Alikat » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Re: #300 Place

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Hmm. I thought it was odd that Kaye had such a hard time just wrapping her mind around a small change like Pho's being smarter than she gave him credit for- could it be that it wasn't just that, but rather the deep realization that a human was being genuinely kind to her and would even save her life?
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Zev » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Huh, and Kay always went on about how much humans and Jellies were pals in her splay, but this does not look so much like a very friendly coexistence... looks kinda god awful. Seems like in Virtue's splay they were much more chummy, riding on the same trains and so on. I wonder if they even have separate drinking fountains in Kay's original splay?

Whats the sign on the building say? I can make out "The institute of (Something) archeology." I think.
Zev
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:59 pm

Zev wrote:Huh, and Kay always went on about how much humans and Jellies were pals in her splay, but this does not look so much like a very friendly coexistence... looks kinda god awful. Seems like in Virtue's splay they were much more chummy, riding on the same trains and so on. I wonder if they even have separate drinking fountains in Kay's original splay?

Whats the sign on the building say? I can make out "The institute of (Something) archeology." I think.

'The Institute of Precosmic Archaeology' -Kaye is a tenured professor there. The only tenured jellese in the history of the institute, and only the third ever, in the history of her splay. Yes, they do have separate drinking fountains, and all sorts of other apartheid situations as well... far beyond just that jellese must use the back entrance.

You must understand that this is what Kaye knows. This is home for her. This is her mindset, this is the culture that defines her worldview. Kaye is utterly influenced by this culture.

In Kaye's mind, in her experience, in her life, humans and jellese get along fantastically in her splay. They are best pals. Humans don't kill jellese, and jellese aren't slaves anymore! Jellese can get real jobs now, and some, like Kaye herself, have even made it all the way to respectable positions as researchers with real degrees! She can afford a therapist, and she has even published papers and several books in her day. To Kaye, her splay has done nothing but open up opportunities for the lowly boog. Kaye feels such gratitude to the humans in her life! She's moving up!

And also Kaye feels a deep, deep loathing and resentment. Hatred burning cold like a thousand Veils, suppressed, buried, in denial, yet always bubbling up to sear her mind. The kind of downtrodden hate that mere murder, however violent, could not even begin to temper, an anger so profound that the only thing keeping her from a rampant spree is a lifetime of inculcated self-shame and personal and racial despair.

That and an incalculably cunning mind, cold, ruthless, and determined to achieve more than simple revenge, or petty release. An intelligence icy and shrewd and possessed of an almost religious fervor.

To say that Kaye is conflicted and compressed, twisted and injured by her toxic culture is insufficient. Kaye is malevopissed.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Wizard CaT » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:01 am

Why not just Godan up in their faces eh? Boom. //]
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Relee » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:05 am

Geez, she comes from that sort of background, and yet she wants and needs to be a human? No wonder she hates herself so much.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Return to To Save Her