#301 - Freak

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

Re: #301 - Freak

Postby Mitsukara » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Another fun little factor: natural diseases/huge disasters/climate changes tend to kill lots and lots of people in one fell swoop. Depending on timing they can actually balance out overpopulation problems, albeit not in a very nice way.

I've wondered if real life Earth may actually develop extremely strict population controls- most likely localized by area, though- in the future. China's already made a few steps in that direction... imagine an overpopulated US and Europe and Ja-, uh, well, you get the idea- versus a (forcibly) balanced-out China. America and Britain clings to free reproduction, but China has outlawed it, with lifetime imprisonment (or possibly worse) as a deterrent, with reproduction only to occur through controlled means at centers. Yet China is a far more economically successful country...

And then we wind up with a war, but America and China wind up joining forces, and there's only a small group of rebels, but since they kind of lose the war, most of them just wind up being smugglers or something, but...

Actually I'm not familiar enough with the show to be sure if that's close enough to the history for anyone else to get what I'm joking at by the end. If anyone can figure it out and correct me, thanks!
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Wizard CaT » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:53 pm

FYI that's not really China at all. The whole one Child thing is mainly outside of the major cities too, they are relaxing it in general.

However, China and India are both ready for a germ or virus to reduce the population drastically.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Ashes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Mitsukara wrote:Actually I'm not familiar enough with the show to be sure if that's close enough to the history for anyone else to get what I'm joking at by the end. If anyone can figure it out and correct me, thanks!

I don't get the reference. I don't watch much TV at all. Just Mythbusters once in a blue moon.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Relee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:02 am

Well, it's difficult to predict what people will do. This is just what I imagine. ^.^
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:58 am

I was going for some sort of Firefly joke, but I don't think it's recognizable because, both in terms of the show and actual foreign political knowledge, I honestly don't really know what I'm talking about. ^^' I only sort of halfway know what I'm talking about, that is to say. Sorry. :oops:
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Alikat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:10 am

Mitsukara wrote:I was going for some sort of Firefly joke...

I'll be in my bunk....
Rwrrr!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alikat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:20 am

Y'know, if Kaye had found a more tranny-positive shrink than Muri, she might've gotten that H-Hold authorization signed, after a year of living full-time as a human without one of course, heh heh.

Is she based at all on Millie Brown, Jenny? I sort of got a little vibe there.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Relee » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:41 pm

Oh I haven't really seen Firefly yet. I'll probably pick it up on DVD or something in a few years and watch it all at once. It's very popular, but I wasn't aware of it untill it was already a good ways into things, and I'm really anal about watching shows in order. ^.^;;
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Location: Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe 2

Postby Alikat » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:56 pm

I just started on "Lexx." I watched the first one, "In His Divine Shadow," last night, will watch the second one before bed tonight. I really enjoyed it!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Ashes » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:38 pm

Relee wrote:Oh I haven't really seen Firefly yet. I'll probably pick it up on DVD or something in a few years and watch it all at once. It's very popular, but I wasn't aware of it untill it was already a good ways into things, and I'm really anal about watching shows in order. ^.^;;

There aren't many episodes. The entire Firefly box set takes up exactly as much space on my shelf as a single ancient Science Ninja Team Gatchaman II cassette. I managed to nab it for about $20 on sale at Target.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Alfador » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 am

Mitsukara wrote:I was going for some sort of Firefly joke, but I don't think it's recognizable because, both in terms of the show and actual foreign political knowledge, I honestly don't really know what I'm talking about. ^^' I only sort of halfway know what I'm talking about, that is to say. Sorry. :oops:

Well, it wasn't so much that America and China joined forces in the war--by the time of that war, they as political entities were not merely history, but LOST PREHISTORY. Their cultural legacies lived on simply because their citizens formed the bulk of the original colonists.
Arf! *wagwagwag*
Alfador
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby arex » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:09 pm

Alikat wrote:Y'know, if Kaye had found a more tranny-positive shrink than Muri, she might've gotten that H-Hold authorization signed, after a year of living full-time as a human without one of course, heh heh.

Explain to this gringo who Millie Brown is...

Hnngh.
"Ahab knew, baby...I lust." -- Vet-san
arex
Melon Class

Postby arex » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:10 pm

Ashes wrote:
Relee wrote:Oh I haven't really seen Firefly yet. I'll probably pick it up on DVD or something in a few years and watch it all at once. It's very popular, but I wasn't aware of it untill it was already a good ways into things, and I'm really anal about watching shows in order. ^.^;;

There aren't many episodes. The entire Firefly box set takes up exactly as much space on my shelf as a single ancient Science Ninja Team Gatchaman II cassette. I managed to nab it for about $20 on sale at Target.

...and worth twice that, easily.

Hnngh.
"Ahab knew, baby...I lust." -- Vet-san
arex
Melon Class

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:44 am

arex wrote:
Alikat wrote:Y'know, if Kaye had found a more tranny-positive shrink than Muri, she might've gotten that H-Hold authorization signed, after a year of living full-time as a human without one of course, heh heh.

Explain to this gringo who Millie Brown is...

Hnngh.

Yes! Mildred Brown was a therapist that helped transsexuals back in the 80's when I lived in the Bay Area and knew Alikat and first met Sandra and Eldenath and rediscovered my old high school best friend Stephen and formed my family and all of that. I didn't ever go to Millie Brown myself, but I knew her and met her at various trannie suppport meetings they had back then.

Muri Kazimahou is very loosely an homage to Mildred Brown.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Relee » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:45 am

Lexx was really good. The films were anyways. The T.V. show was interesting, but gradually decended into madness. I'd say it's worth watching, but it's not the best show I've ever seen.

I'll get around to Firefly when I get around to it. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't have any income right now. There's lots of other shows I'd like as well. Most of Stargate for example. I stopped watching around the Jaffa Rebellion arc and missed the Ba'al arc the Replicator arc and the Ori arc.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Anna » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:06 am

Relee wrote:Lexx was really good. The films were anyways. The T.V. show was interesting, but gradually decended into madness. I'd say it's worth watching, but it's not the best show I've ever seen.

I'll get around to Firefly when I get around to it. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't have any income right now. There's lots of other shows I'd like as well. Most of Stargate for example. I stopped watching around the Jaffa Rebellion arc and missed the Ba'al arc the Replicator arc and the Ori arc.

Maybe this can help a bit..
http://www15.alluc.org/alluc/tv-shows.html
Sometimes it's a bit tricky, sloooooowly connections...
and I make downloads of the *.flc's with the help of my Firefox-plugins
http://www.downloadhelper.net/
So I can watch it later.
On this way, I was able to watch season 4 of Stargate Atlantis, which is not yet broadcasted in Germany, (comes in 2009)
But the guys which did put it online, are no video cracks, after a few minutes sound and picture wasn't synchronized.
Sorry no "Firefly"" yet there.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Tychomonger » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:50 am

Relee wrote:I'll get around to Firefly when I get around to it. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't have any income right now.

You don't need any income to watch Firefly. The entire series is on Hulu, for free!

http://www.hulu.com/firefly

Now, I have heard that you can only watch shows on Hulu if you are in the US, but if you find that you cant, I suggest trying to find a proxy server cheat, which will trick the servers into thinking you are actually in the US.
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Relee » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:20 pm

Yeah, Hulu is U.S. only, like all of those 'free tv!' services. And if I wanted to pirate the show I could. I don't really like to pirate things, most of the time, for reasons beyond the ken of mere mortals, and Firefly is one of the things I don't want to pirate.

I'll get around to it, eventually.
-- Relee the Squirrel --
Relee
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Ashes » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:28 pm

Using a proxy is pirating? It's not like you're torrenting it or anything. You don't end up with anything on your HD. All you have in the end is memories of watching a great show.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby Anna » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:40 pm

I don't think it is an act of piracy to tell the hulu server that your IP address is "true american".
For me it is to complicated to find out the trick to handle it from Germany.
And I even don't know where I could find the needed webpage for it.
But there's no need, I've got the Firefly DVD's.
Maybe you can find a way to rent it at first?
Anna
Worthy Forumite

PreviousNext

Return to To Save Her