To Save Her • #305 • Animal

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

To Save Her • #305 • Animal

Postby Anna » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:32 pm

http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save ... 20305.html
Yeah
"The wait is over", as a romulan says in the new Star Trek trailer.

Kaye is willing to rip the meat from the animal bones of her human company?

By the way, Kaye should be very careful,
I just read in an article about human evolution,
that the human bite is one of the most poisoned in the realm of the animals,
and I don't think that her human companions had time to brush their teeth during all their adventures.

The first panel reminds me a bit to the space station in "2001", without space of course,
but the light through the windows, it is really a light.

Maybe you heard about the so called "painter of light",
this guy creates "Kitsch". - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsch
Jennifer is much better, she's got it, she can handle it for the atmosphere, for the dramatic,
and her "camera views" does the rest.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Re: To Save Her • #305 • Animal

Postby Zev » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:17 pm

Oh man, its all down hill from here! %< That is one cheesed off Jelly lady. I saw in the archives that the next comic is called "Fracture" ooooh that could mean anything, though I think I know whats about to come, after all, that bow in the museum in PDH had to come from somewhere! http://www.pasteldefender.com/175.html Oh man, Oh man! I am so psyched, but at the same time I feel kinda bad... Kay's plan, no matter how horrific, is falling apart.

She work so hard too >.< But still! When you erase reality, nobody wins.
Zev
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby Alikat » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:07 pm

Not a lot of bacteria survived the trip from Earthenland though. I wonder if humans had to develop local symbionts other than vlax. For example, crystalline eyelash spiders, or little Whitelife critters that clean people's teeth at night....

That first panel was amazing, the point of view rotated so we were looking at the scene from behind Kaye, allowing us to see out the windows, with all the light limning everything, and her patented Cobra Hood Presence Attack in the second panel was pretty imposing!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Skatche » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:46 pm

Shadows vs. shadows. Discontinuity? Or light-bending spacetime anomaly?
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby Volair » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:10 am

Zev wrote:She work so hard too >.< But still! When you erase reality, nobody wins.

Unless you're from PastWatch.

Okay too much Orson Scott Card for me, clearly.
Volair
Kumquat Class

Postby Anna » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:00 am

Skatche wrote:Shadows vs. shadows. Discontinuity? Or light-bending spacetime anomaly?

Simple, - some hypothetic explanations
1. The big electric strong light is switching off and the weaker natural light comes through the windows.
2. Fast rotation of the station.
3. Natural physics law of Tryslmaistan, it changes from panel to panel. You will see, in the next strip Kaye will have a light like Baltar in Battlestar-Galactica-Classic.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Alikat » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:16 am

My guess would be that the Day Orb rose (they rise fast you know) over the horizon of the museum.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby marinschild » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:34 am

Forget light continuity, I'm just worried that she's going to use her hair flap like a scorpion's tail and strike the crew down with her recently revealed sand madness.

Poor Kaye... is she doomed to live a life filled with misfortune? I can at least hope for an alternative.
>.<
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby Anna » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:03 am

Hm, I think Kaye could be stopped, but my solving idea is more like a bunny out of the hat.
Kaye could be stopped by Kaye, one of her multiversal selves variations.
The idea is, to be confront with another Kaye, there is no place in your mind where you can hide, your other me (Mini-Me?) can always cover up your "lies of life", your own behaviour, maybe it hurts, but it can also be the soft band-aid you did always need, the touching your soul suffers for. *
There's an ethopian proverb: "The word that will help you, you can't tell it to yourself."

But for the future I see only the fight.

* But, if someone knows you very well, if you show a weak part of your personality, what will your counterpart keep off to push the knife into your soft flesh?
How can you learn to trust someone if your experience was always like this?
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:46 pm

Don't forget she is not as flexible as a normal Jelly. Plus the H-Hold would conform her to that shape.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby draque » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:08 am

I think we can pretty well map out some of the basic events from here until the point where they cross paths with their past selves. Only has escaped from the ship and is able to slice things apart. We know that the top of the H-Hold's head ends up sliced off in the spot where the main characters are right now. I think it's reasonable to assume that this is where and when that happens, and that it's Only that does it. Since Kaye survives to get back to the ship (and the others are with her), she would have to somehow resolve the situation after Only's attack either by fending him off or killing him outright. I'm guessing that she manages to get the machine back in the situation where she wants it (not realizing that Chou is doing things she didn't anticipate). From there, she forces the crew back to the ship, where Virtue tries to jump her and gets killed/injured.

Just some deductive guessing on my part... but for now it seems like the only way it could really go.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:25 am

I don lik dis nue Kaye... :depressed:

But hey, we knew it was gonna get ugly.
Let's just see exactly HOW. :twisted:
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Anna » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:11 am

"Fracture" (#306) could also mean the fracture in the comunity, it breaks apart.
No single bone must be harm during the runtime of this comic.

Hm, a question, is the H-Hold capable of fast nearly instinticve moves for fight?
A subroutine maybe?
Press the button and Kaye mutates to Emma Peel? (BBC-The Avengers)

Edit: ein typischer Flüchtigkeitsfehler
Last edited by Anna on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby draque » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:30 am

The titles typically have two meanings though. The current one is titled "Animal," when Kaye calls the crew animals, but has the second intended meaning of calling Kaye herself an animal for threatening rageful violence like that.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alikat » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:03 pm

I propose that Jenny adds an emoticon to the Forums based on Kaye's Threatening Cobra Hood Stance, for whenever we want to convey the impression that we will rip the meat off each others' animal bones! :)
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alikat » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:12 pm

I am fairly certain that I can guess what's going to happen next: Only will protect Pho from the menacing Kaye with a lightning-fast horn attack, and then while she regains her wits and assesses the damage done to her H-Hold unit by Only's horn, the crew escapes to the Mover, but Kaye uses her enhanced strength to get inside the Mover before they can close the door and subcosmerge. Then Kaye uses the Recycler to destroy Only, and Virtue whips out the pistol he's been carrying since he left his home splay (he was a collector of such trinkets), so Kaye kills Virtue before he can press the trigger and takes his pistol, and then something really WEIRD happens to distract Kaye (another Mover crew passes THROUGH this crew!), and Pho makes a desperately brave attempt to overpower the distracted Kaye, but at that very second some twinkling lights surround the crew and a gigantic cheeseburger emerges from the corner of a round room.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Tychomonger » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Alikat wrote:I propose that Jenny adds an emoticon to the Forums based on Kaye's Threatening Cobra Hood Stance, for whenever we want to convey the impression that we will rip the meat off each others' animal bones! :)

I.. um... don't think that is an emotion we should encourage the expression of...
Hello!
Aealacreatrananda wrote:When I envision a far far future.... I don't fuck around.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
--The Doctor
Tychomonger
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Plasman » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Alikat wrote:I propose that Jenny adds an emoticon to the Forums based on Kaye's Threatening Cobra Hood Stance, for whenever we want to convey the impression that we will rip the meat off each others' animal bones! :)

:boggled: When would such an emoticon be necessary?
I find this forum to be a much nicey-nicey place, even when people are disagreeing with each other over stuff (except maybe perhaps for what happened on a certain date in September '01...?), so if things were getting really bad in this place, the lack of a suitable image would be the LEAST of our problems!
Besides, from what I've seen on other places around the Net, people usually have no shortage of flamey pictures when they need them... :twisted:
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Alikat » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:06 am

Tychomonger wrote:

I.. um... don't think that is an emotion we should encourage the expression of...

How dare you use your greasy paws to type that, you farding soilmaker?!? HISSSSSS!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Alikat » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:10 am

Plasman wrote:

:boggled: When would such an emoticon be necessary?
I find this forum to be a much nicey-nicey place, even when people are disagreeing with each other over stuff (except maybe perhaps for what happened on a certain date in September '01...?), so if things were getting really bad in this place, the lack of a suitable image would be the LEAST of our problems!
Besides, from what I've seen on other places around the Net, people usually have no shortage of flamey pictures when they need them... :twisted:

Oh, so you want some Cobra Hood action too, hunh? Flappa-flappa-flappa! Take that 'n' that! Hai-YAAA!

I'll show you! I'll show you alllllllll!!!!!!!!!!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Next

Return to To Save Her