To Save Her • #306 • Fracture

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

To Save Her • #306 • Fracture

Postby Anna » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:32 am

http://pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20306.html

Because of the violence in this strip, it becomes a german rating,
that means only people above16 are allowed to watch it.
Yep, I'm evil!
:twisted:
//]
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Re: To Save Her • #306 • Fracture

Postby Zev » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:16 am

Oh wow, does the H-hold give one faster reflexes or just super speed? Looks like we're in a hostage situation now... of course the clock is still ticking on Kay's electanic pack. Interesting that the Vola's arm on Pho's splay in the earlier comics doesn't seem hurt.
Zev
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby Plasman » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:00 am

I'm trying to work out what those symbols translate to... :oops:
Is she calling Vola a "S--t S---er"?

PS. Check out Kaye's talons in the second panel... 8O
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:28 am

Zev wrote:Oh wow, does the H-hold give one faster reflexes or just super speed? Looks like we're in a hostage situation now... of course the clock is still ticking on Kay's electanic pack. Interesting that the Vola's arm on Pho's splay in the earlier comics doesn't seem hurt.

Ah, but in the temporal crossover with themselves, Vola is not visible in the scene, and there is blood on the floor.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Anna » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:23 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:
Zev wrote:Oh wow, does the H-hold give one faster reflexes or just super speed? Looks like we're in a hostage situation now... of course the clock is still ticking on Kay's electanic pack. Interesting that the Vola's arm on Pho's splay in the earlier comics doesn't seem hurt.

Ah, but in the temporal crossover with themselves, Vola is not visible in the scene, and there is blood on the floor.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, an open fracture, that is not good!
Then Vola needs immediately medical help!
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby marinschild » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:08 am

I think we've passed the point of no return. The only thing that could save Kaye now is love, but can love prevail over such great misanthropic rage?

I would love to see all the alternate Kayes gather around Haychold and each one give her a hug and words to help heal the ache in her heart. That won't probably happen, but I can dream can't I?

Le sigh.
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby draque » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:33 pm

marinschild wrote:I think we've passed the point of no return. The only thing that could save Kaye now is love, but can love prevail over such great misanthropic rage?

I would love to see all the alternate Kayes gather around Haychold and each one give her a hug and words to help heal the ache in her heart. That won't probably happen, but I can dream can't I?

Le sigh.

Honestly, I tend to think something so cliche would cheapen Kaye as a character. She's acting on a lifetime of hurt, and the idea that someone simply giving her a hug will make it all better is one that disagrees with me. Seeing her redeemed somehow would be interesting, but having it handed to her without effort or a desire for self change would make her personal sacrifices and hardships seen in the journey seem meaningless.
draque
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:31 am

draque wrote:
marinschild wrote:I think we've passed the point of no return. The only thing that could save Kaye now is love, but can love prevail over such great misanthropic rage?

Le sigh.

Honestly, I tend to think something so cliche would cheapen Kaye as a character. She's acting on a lifetime of hurt, and the idea that someone simply giving her a hug will make it all better is one that disagrees with me. Seeing her redeemed somehow would be interesting, but having it handed to her without effort or a desire for self change would make her personal sacrifices and hardships seen in the journey seem meaningless.

I'm afraid I'm with Draque here, Marinschild. Kaye is not scheduled for Happy Huggy Love Fun any time soon.

Neither is anyone else in the story.

Let's just say there is no guarantee of anyone surviving this, intact, or otherwise. I'm not confirming that they all die, horribly, to the last one or anything - I would never confirm that. Neither am I confirming that anyone does survive, not even Vola. But I can confirm that many fairly rather unhappy things are yet to come, and that there is no easy redemption for anyone in this tale.

That said, fairly gloomy I admit, the story does have a kind of a happy ending. Of a sort. From a certain point of view. If any Noir story can be said to have such. Well, you'll see.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:30 am

In theory Pastel's happy ending bodes well for our heroes too.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby strange_person » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote: I would never confirm that.

Not even in the comic itself?
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Gideon_Wells » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:22 pm

We know Chou "survives" in a sense, as does the program. heh.

As for Vola, we know A Vola ends up on Pho's splay with a device that detects movers like the one that this Vola finds. Specifically, if you take "this Pho" to mean time wise, either Vola survives and "gets better" or Kaye isn't the only Kaye to do this.

The next comic shows that love isn't enough for Kaye, but shows all who encountered the Krawlini realized they were wrong. So Pho!Vola's Kaye would have had to be one that made it to at least that point. This Vola deffinately realized her Kaye was evil/insane and Pho had a plan. She ran.

So maybe we'll see a Vola using another device to escape Kaye only to see Pho succeed when it is already too late?
Gideon_Wells
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Postby Anna » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:38 am

The "Happy End" is an invention of Hollywood.

This all reminds me to a joke I once heard...
Just the end lines:
...big russian comedy, at the end they are all dead, but they died happily.
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Mitsukara » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:57 am

The thing about happy endings in real life is that they're not really endings. And there's always some give and take about it too, of course.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
Mitsukara
Melon Class

Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Postby Alikat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:25 am

Think about it: a recently-Ascended entity is currently learning to "walk." All that access to high tech goods, and our little Crew is inside one largeish piece of high technology and Vola is carrying that gadget. Chou has all sorts of ways of adjusting the outcome of this situation.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:52 am

I would no more expect Chou to know how to meddle with the scanner than I could expect a human toddler in 22nd century America to know how to properly hold an obsidian-bladed knife.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Alikat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:26 pm

I assume that Ascension comes with a certain amount of backwards compatibility. :)
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby strange_person » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:43 pm

[movie trailer]Coming soon in 2009!

Kaye Haychold is...[/movie trailer]

I found that image in an unrelated place. It seemed bizarrely appropriate.
Hello!

2<3
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:40 am

A Jellese hug might work, but I think that can only happen in Heliotrope's Heaven.
I defie all the Quakers in England to match this incomparable piece of Nonsence and Enthusiastick Cant.
Dan
Aw, they grow up so fast!

Return to To Save Her