To Save Her #307: Repair

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

Re: To Save Her #307: Repair

Postby strange_person » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:04 pm

Well, in the case of freezing, it either ruptures membranes or prevents fluid circulation, both of which would, in turn, cause oxygen-supply issues.

Drowning in carbon dioxide (and 'dry ice' is just carbon dioxide in crystal form) is still drowning.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby SilverFeathers » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:35 pm

True, true. And for some reason some odd statistic about standing on the surface of either Neptune or Uranus and melting so far down into it before you got a chance to freeze up came to mind, oddly, but I don't remember what it was exactly at the moment...

Drowning IS drowning, I do suppose. Although it's odd, somehow, to think of the use of gas as drowning. I'm not sure why. Unless it's one of the sort that causes mass fluid accumulation in the lungs rather than a deprivation of oxygen, which is the essential definition of drowning...

Although one of the more amusing comments I've heard about that method of harvesting was "What if they run out of air before the gas works on them?"
ぐりヌホームの銀羽
*~The White Harpy v.2~*
ImageImageImage
SilverFeathers
Magickal Melon 666

Postby Alikat » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:03 am

By the way, Jenny, I LOVE the graphics in this week's strip, some truly brilliant work. I noticed that I was right about the Day Orb heaving past the "horizon" of the museum building as Kaye emerged from the next room, which shifted the prevailing direction of the shadows. And the way we're looking at the characters with their backs to the Orb and their faces illuminated is so film noir! All we need now is a scene with a set of venetian blinds....
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Previous

Return to To Save Her