Weird TSH dream I had


Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

Weird TSH dream I had

Postby NMcCoy » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:04 am

Apparently, when I've had a weird day, I dream in webcomics. Spoilers ahead, I suppose, if I'm precognitive?

Anyway, so everyone's in the Mover, which is between splays. Kaye notices the reading of some sensor in the mover, and in a panic begins directing the Mover "up!" (ana?) as fast as possible, in order to escape some kind of... catastrophic cascade event or something? Kaye is not in the "detailed" form portrayed in the current comic, but the one with the hairflap we're used to.

In the next strip, the black nothingness around the Mover starts to thin into a gray nothingness. Everything starts to blur and become transparent. Then the Mover crashes out the top of the multiverse, Wonka-style, pixelating and dissolving around the crew, sending them tumbling out into a cloudy white void, apparently high above some sort of horizon (which was near the bottom of the panel and hard to make out). The crew looks somewhat pixelated too, and Kaye is oddly in her natural (sans-H-hold) form.

I have no idea what happened next. I only saw the two strips.
Monthenor wrote:
strange_person wrote:The underlying problem is that people in sufficiently hostile and/or chaotic circumstances drift back toward the R-type reproduction strategy.
They...collect colored orbs to influence the development of their somewhat-detachable attack pod?
Man, if kids could shoot wave lasers I'd be trying to have one.
User avatar
NMcCoy
Ready For Fruit School

  Offline
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:31 am

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:47 pm

NMcCoy wrote:Apparently, when I've had a weird day, I dream in webcomics. Spoilers ahead, I suppose, if I'm precognitive?

Anyway, so everyone's in the Mover, which is between splays. Kaye notices the reading of some sensor in the mover, and in a panic begins directing the Mover "up!" (ana?) as fast as possible, in order to escape some kind of... catastrophic cascade event or something? Kaye is not in the "detailed" form portrayed in the current comic, but the one with the hairflap we're used to.

In the next strip, the black nothingness around the Mover starts to thin into a gray nothingness. Everything starts to blur and become transparent. Then the Mover crashes out the top of the multiverse, Wonka-style, pixelating and dissolving around the crew, sending them tumbling out into a cloudy white void, apparently high above some sort of horizon (which was near the bottom of the panel and hard to make out). The crew looks somewhat pixelated too, and Kaye is oddly in her natural (sans-H-hold) form.

I have no idea what happened next. I only saw the two strips.


It is moments like this that amaze me. Let's just say that you just had a weak-level Impossible Thing Before Breakfast.

What you describe is not exactly what happens, eventually, in the story, but it bears enough similarity in primary ways that I am duly impressed, and had a little eerie tingle down my spine. I love that feeling.

You will see what I mean, one day. It isn't at all the same, but there are amazing key similarities. Since this is an event that there are no direct clues for, there is no rational way you could have predicted it, much less dreamed it.

Fascinating.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Image
User avatar
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

  Offline
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Olympia, Washington

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby Wic » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:48 am

I bet he left out the dirty parts where Pho was boning Vola.
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
User avatar
Wic
Apple Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby strange_person » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:29 pm

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:Since this is an event that there are no direct clues for, there is no rational way you could have predicted it, much less dreamed it.

On the contrary! I think, if anything, it would be more common that a conclusion reachable only through mythic logic would appear in dreams, rather than wakeful analysis.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
User avatar
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

  Offline
 
Posts: 2274
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby Plasman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:58 am

Either that, or Jennifer's muse has been outsourcing... ;]
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
User avatar
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

  Offline
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 8:23 am
Location: Australia

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby ThingOfThing » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:10 am

strange_person wrote:
Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:Since this is an event that there are no direct clues for, there is no rational way you could have predicted it, much less dreamed it.

On the contrary! I think, if anything, it would be more common that a conclusion reachable only through mythic logic would appear in dreams, rather than wakeful analysis.


Carl Jung would tend to agree.
There ain't no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, there ain't nothing in this world for free
I can't slow down, I can't hold back, though you know I wish I could
But there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good
User avatar
ThingOfThing
Kumquat Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: FUUUUUUUUUUUUlorida

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby Ashes » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:05 pm

strange_person wrote:
Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:Since this is an event that there are no direct clues for, there is no rational way you could have predicted it, much less dreamed it.

On the contrary! I think, if anything, it would be more common that a conclusion reachable only through mythic logic would appear in dreams, rather than wakeful analysis.

I've solved programming dilemmas in my sleep before. I don't know if this fact does more to support or contradict your argument.
User avatar
Ashes
Melon Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:09 am

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby Mitsukara » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:22 pm

I find myself better at memorizing things by accident than intentionally. Like, I'll try to focus and I'll forget it, but then I'll pick up all kinds of things in the back of my mind that I didn't realize I had until I recall them.

Thusly, I've often theorized- quite seriously- that my subconscious mind is a bit smarter than what my consciousness is capable of.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
User avatar
Mitsukara
Melon Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby NMcCoy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:32 am

I do much of my processing in the background. The weird thing is that I can actually feel the cognitive load - I can sense that my brain's burning CPU cycles on something, but I can't consciously determine what it is. Then a few days later I have a breakthrough on a problem that's been plaguing me for a while.
Monthenor wrote:
strange_person wrote:The underlying problem is that people in sufficiently hostile and/or chaotic circumstances drift back toward the R-type reproduction strategy.
They...collect colored orbs to influence the development of their somewhat-detachable attack pod?
Man, if kids could shoot wave lasers I'd be trying to have one.
User avatar
NMcCoy
Ready For Fruit School

  Offline
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:31 am

Re: Weird TSH dream I had

Postby Plasman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:48 am

That's the ol' "Take a Break" technique for you!

I find that if I'm struggling to nut out a problem, the best thing to do is walk away and do something totally unrelated. When I come back to the issue, the headache practically disappears usually.

I don't know if it's a subconscious thing. I'd more likely say that I've allowed myself time to come up with a fresh perspective on the situation. Although, sometimes, I've come up with the answer through something totally unrelated to the original problem (in a movie or a book, or, yes, a dream).

It'd be nice to think that it was destiny or some other driving force that led me to the answer, but there are many solutions to any given real-world problem, any one of which I could stumble upon by chance.

Okay, sorry if my rambling is killing the purple vibe of this thread... :mrgreen:
If this last post seems ridiculous, please disregard it. Thank you. ;)
________
By the way I made two level packs for Boppin' in case anyone is interested... :oops:
User avatar
Plasman
1000 Post Forum Master!

  Offline
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 8:23 am
Location: Australia


Return to To Save Her

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron