To Save Her #309: Tooth

Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

To Save Her #309: Tooth

Postby Megumi » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:39 pm

http://www.pasteldefender.com/to%20save ... 20309.html

Poor Wailan. Fist-fighting against a robot is no-good for the healt. XD

Well, now we finally know how the other CHOU unit was destroyed at all :explode: .... I also regard seeing some fossilized blood right next to Mr. Pho is now somewhere in far-far-future PDH....

*EDIT*
Jenny, my dear.... it might be my eyes, but I did not quite understand how is Virtue's right sleeve in today´s comic.... ^_^?
Megumi
Welcome, New User!

Re: To Save Her #309: Tooth

Postby Alikat » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Oh dear, so that's how she gets partially decapitated: She set off the three-legged defense systems! One enemy she won't have any physical advantage over would be robots with weapons. She should have recruited a couple of Slimes to spit acid for her!
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:36 pm

Virtue is definitely a little off in his clothing I think. Good theory Alikat, I wonder if dem robots still have enough juice.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Megumi wrote:Jenny, my dear.... it might be my eyes, but I did not quite understand how is Virtue's right sleeve in today´s comic.... ^_^?

First off, love the Krazy Kat avatar you have today. I adore the Ket and his lit'l aintjel.

Second... Shiiiiiiiiiit. I'm on it. Damn, what a mistake to make.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Image fixed. Gah.

Sorry. #_@
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Zev » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:47 pm

Yes! New comic! Oh man the tension! It just keeps getting... tenser!
Zev
Our New Pal Can Write!

Postby Alikat » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:35 am

Jennifer Diane Reitz wrote:
Megumi wrote:Jenny, my dear.... it might be my eyes, but I did not quite understand how is Virtue's right sleeve in today´s comic.... ^_^?

First off, love the Krazy Kat avatar you have today. I adore the Ket and his lit'l aintjel.

Second... Shiiiiiiiiiit. I'm on it. Damn, what a mistake to make.

HEY IGNATZ! [is bopped by a brickbat] That's my sweetie!

That sleeve mistake gets made by everyone. I have seen professionally-made mainstream comics that had that one. Some cartoonists actually make it part of the character's design, like you can't tell where the sleeves and body begin and end. It's always most noticeable when it's just one arm like this was.
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

Postby marinschild » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:00 am

That sleeve mishap started to bother me a lot for some reason. Maybe it has something to do with my perceptions of reality. I'm so glad it is fixed. ^_^

Wai should be glad that he had a tooth knocked out. Nothing is more manlier than missing teeth. Even the beard falls short on the list of manliest things when compared with the missing tooth. If you don't take my word for it, then ask any hockey player or hobo about the manliness of missing teeth.

It will be pretty hard to find a hobo consult who's willing to consort with an outsider although it is not impossible.
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby Rachel » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:40 am

Whenever I read these threads and see that a strip was corrected I'm always insanely curious to see what was different/changed. :oops: I wish there was a bloopers archive or something. w
Rachel
Our New Friend

Postby Anna » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:58 am

Rachel wrote:Whenever I read these threads and see that a strip was corrected I'm always insanely curious to see what was different/changed. :oops: I wish there was a bloopers archive or something. w

Welcome Rachel
^v^
Everyone of us wishes to have access to Jennifer's bloopers archive, but for this we would need a real horrible evil trojan virus. :twisted:
Maybe we should ask the FBI? :wink:

But there's only eleven strips until the end, I think I can wait.
0-0
Anna
Worthy Forumite

Postby Rachel » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:01 pm

Anna wrote:
Rachel wrote:Whenever I read these threads and see that a strip was corrected I'm always insanely curious to see what was different/changed. :oops: I wish there was a bloopers archive or something. w

Welcome Rachel
^v^
Everyone of us wishes to have access to Jennifer's bloopers archive, but for this we would need a real horrible evil trojan virus. :twisted:
Maybe we should ask the FBI? :wink:

But there's only eleven strips until the end, I think I can wait.
0-0

Hello. :lol: Thank you for the welcome~

That is too bad that there are no plans for a blooper archive. Although I could understand Jennifer wanting people to only see the strips how she intended them.

There are eleven strips until the end of TSH? 8O Really? I don't want it to end... :dead:
Rachel
Our New Friend

Postby Ashes » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:17 pm

All good things come to an end.

I'm very glad Jennifer isn't making the same mistake as Marvel, DC, and many webcomics.
Ashes
Melon Class

Postby marinschild » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:18 pm

Ashes wrote:I'm very glad Jennifer isn't making the same mistake as Marvel, DC, and many webcomics.

Thank you! Someone needs to retire these rehashed and neverending stories about superheroes who's adventures hit their prime 25 years ago. Many of these superheros would be dead/retired right now if their stories weren't being re-imagined. I just get so tired of them doing the same thing over and over again.

Webcomics are a different sort of problem. I don't mind if a comic strip goes on for a while because those usually don't involve any grand sort of storytelling. You get a nice set of 3-5 panels that have a self contained story in them and that is all you need. Now if you are planning on telling a story that has a plot that begins and ends at definite points, then you shouldn't stretch on your webcomic just because it became somewhat popular and has a small dedicated fan base.

The only real reason to continue a webcomic that has met its conclusion is to possibly wrap up some loose ends that need to be addressed. This can be done in an epilogue. These artist/writers should say what they have to say through their settings and characters and move on to something new. It is sad to see the author who refuses to let their creation end even when it is becoming obvious that all those things that made their story special have fizzled out long ago.

I feel like I'm rambling.

*END*

EDIT: Welcome to the forums Rachel. I hope I pronounced your name right.
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
marinschild
Apple Class

Postby strange_person » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:14 pm

I believe this strip is something of a milestone, as it is the first to have a title not present in the dialogue.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:18 pm

Welcome Rachel!

Actually, I don't have a bloopers archive as such... I just went and corrected the original image and that was that. I don't have the mistake version any more. I saved over it, after I corrected it.

Basically, I made two errors - I drew the right arm on Virtue without any fabric; it was a bare arm. On the left arm, I drew the cuff of his 'pajamas' wrong, instead of being slightly ruffled and tied-in, I had made that cuff look like the cuff of a business suit. Pretty silly, huh?

It was actually fairly easy to fix; I just felt really dumb. I feel that way when I forget to add Kaye's bow, too, which I do far too often. Mostly I catch that within a minute or two of posting the comic, so not too many people have caught me on that one.

In the case of Virtue's cuffs, I think I was just tired. There is a lot of detail in any scene with all the characters in the same panel. There is so much to think about and remember... every character has to be doing their own thing, reacting uniquely to the situation and not just 'standing there', they all have very different clothing which they have changed a bit, or worn differently due to circumstance during the course of the story, and of course there is the matter of lighting and shading, especially if there are many light sources. I had to have this fight happen in a lit room with multiple open windows and a rising sun orb, didn't I? Durrrrr... Me am Maek it Tuff on Me. Sigh.

There are eleven strips until the end of TSH? 8O Really? I don't want it to end... :dead:

Actually, there will be more than just eleven strips - I can't finish this in only 11 strips. That said, we are on the home stretch, and the ending is very much in sight, for me at least.

How many strips until the end, then? Hmmm... I'm not sure. I think it must be less than 60 strips, but more than 11. 25-30, perhaps? 45 if I get wordy, or do many establishing shots. Somewhere in there. I suppose it is possible it could be done in 20, but that might be pushing it.

I don't want the ending to feel 'rushed' is all. By the same token, I do not want to drag it out, either.

Finding a balance is the tough part, as always. I'll just try to do my best.

Anyway, the number of strips listed is not a good indicator of how many are left. I add a bunch of slots as I remember; they don't mean anything per se, they are just convenient is all.
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

Postby Wizard CaT » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:45 pm

strange_person wrote:I believe this strip is something of a milestone, as it is the first to have a title not present in the dialogue.

That's pretty much semantics.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Postby Skatche » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:03 am

strange_person wrote:I believe this strip is something of a milestone, as it is the first to have a title not present in the dialogue.

That is not true.
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

Postby strange_person » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:08 am

Those don't count, they didn't have any dialogue in which the title could have been present.
Hello!

Praise be to Athè, and Hob, Her living vessel.
2<3
For I have crescent pies to bake
And smiles to throw before I wake
strange_person
2000 Post Medal Of Wow!

Postby meatwhichdreams » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 am

Man, I think Wailan just learned a very hard lesson about the Monster Lady. You can see in his expression that it's not one he wants...the lesson that as nice the Monster Lady may have been to you in the past she ultimately doesn't give a shit about you. Now he sees what we learned a few weeks past...that Kaye is viewing them more and more as simply tools, extra sources of energy. Not people. Or, at least, not real people.
meatwhichdreams
Grape Class

Postby Wizard CaT » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:09 pm

strange_person wrote:Those don't count, they didn't have any dialogue in which the title could have been present.

Yes but WaiWai does say Tooth...
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

Next

Return to To Save Her