To Save Her #310 - Disapproval


Kaye Haychold's ambitious plan

To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Wizard CaT » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:06 pm

http://pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20310.html

It's 2 in the afternoon and no one made a topic? O.o

So, it looks like Virtue isn't going to be exactly successful in that attack. Though one wonders if the trained solider is going to be doing anything off screen while this scuffle is going on. And where is Only anyway.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
User avatar
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Earth

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Gideon_Wells » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:19 pm

I see broken fingers in the near future.

I'm not sure if I forgot how much these comics try to obey realistic physics (it hurts when your giant mech falls) or if I thought Virtue was smarter than that, but either way I didn't see that result.
Gideon_Wells
Aw, they grow up so fast!

  Offline
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:27 am

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby ThingOfThing » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Wizard CaT wrote:http://pasteldefender.com/to%20save%20her%20310.html

It's 2 in the afternoon and no one made a topic? O.o


I was in the middle of making a topic this morning when my Internet connection decided to die. %< Stupid farging cable company, aragarrggrh.

(And I gotta say, Virtue might have been able to win this fight if he were extremely lucky. A lot of martial arts (well, Earth martial arts!) involve turning your opponent's own force against them. Also, the H-Hold is modeled on a human skeletal system, meaning it has the same joints and so forth. I wouldn't have put money on it, especially in this story, but it's in the realm of possibility.)
There ain't no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed, there ain't nothing in this world for free
I can't slow down, I can't hold back, though you know I wish I could
But there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good
User avatar
ThingOfThing
Kumquat Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: FUUUUUUUUUUUUlorida

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Jennifer Diane Reitz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Gideon_Wells wrote:I see broken fingers in the near future.

I'm not sure if I forgot how much these comics try to obey realistic physics (it hurts when your giant mech falls) or if I thought Virtue was smarter than that, but either way I didn't see that result.


I try to obey physics, as best I can. Whatever the local physics. *('')*

Virtue...is... in his own way... upset. Apparently he cares, in some manner, about Wailan. That, or he is putting on the appearance of caring about Wailan. You never know with Virtue.

That said, Virtue knows that all they have to do is keep Kaye occupied, busy, long enough, and her electanic pack will run out of power, leaving her vulnerable, essentially trapped in that last, powered room. If pushed out of the room, she would rapidly weaken and die from electanic starvation. It is also likely that her H-Hold would rapidly drain trying to keep her alive, and once depleted, seize up, or at least become useless. Bottom line; keep her busy, drive her out, and she loses, one way or another.

Virtue doesn't have to break her metal bone, likely he has no hope of that. He would break his own hands, arms or legs attempting that. he just needs to push her back out of the room, ultimately. The H-Hold is not invulnerable, though - the joints are the weak points, and properly hit, with enough force at the right angle, could be displaced or broken.

That said, the H-Hold is not a slow robot skeleton, it moves quickly and organically, as befits a device created to mimic human motion for stage and movie stunts. Kaye can block, as we have seen.

But there is one more vulnerability; Kaye's living body. That is soft against the hardness of the H-Hold. Enough of an impact and....
Jennifer Diane Reitz
'Giniko-chan'
Image
User avatar
Jennifer Diane Reitz
Creatrix

  Offline
 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Olympia, Washington

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby NMcCoy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:34 pm

Just wondering: How resilient is Jellese integument, as compared to human flesh? And is its strength augmented by the H-hold's shaping of it?
Monthenor wrote:
strange_person wrote:The underlying problem is that people in sufficiently hostile and/or chaotic circumstances drift back toward the R-type reproduction strategy.
They...collect colored orbs to influence the development of their somewhat-detachable attack pod?
Man, if kids could shoot wave lasers I'd be trying to have one.
User avatar
NMcCoy
Ready For Fruit School

  Offline
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:31 am

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Gideon_Wells » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:38 pm

The broken bones I mentioned were Virtue's.

Though again, I did forget Kaye is technically between the firsts. This could be interesting. I apologize I am unaware of how resistant to pain Jellese are in general, but considering Kaye's perculier nature and her academic lifestyle....
Gideon_Wells
Aw, they grow up so fast!

  Offline
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:27 am

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Skatche » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Alright - gorilla power I can buy. Bullet speed too. But lightning reflexes? Any martial artist worth his or her obi will be able to beat a person untrained in combat, no matter how fast and strong they are, simply by faking them out and striking where they don't expect. That Kaye was able not just to block but to catch Virtue's punch suggests to me that he's not even trying - or that the H-Hold has a built in automatic combat subroutine, which I find an extremely unlikely thing to provide to a marginalized minority like the Jellese.
Skatche
Kumquat Class Sensei

  Offline
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:55 pm

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Wic » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:12 am

Skatche wrote:Alright - gorilla power I can buy. Bullet speed too. But lightning reflexes? Any martial artist worth his or her obi will be able to beat a person untrained in combat, no matter how fast and strong they are, simply by faking them out and striking where they don't expect. That Kaye was able not just to block but to catch Virtue's punch suggests to me that he's not even trying - or that the H-Hold has a built in automatic combat subroutine, which I find an extremely unlikely thing to provide to a marginalized minority like the Jellese.


Maybe he's faking. I think Virtue, as a collector of different items of different splays, should know that Kaye is wearing H-Hold or something similar at least now when the error message was sound off to everyone. Outward punching it might not be wise, unless you're faking just to get closer for a grapple.
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
User avatar
Wic
Apple Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Wizard CaT » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Wic wrote:
Skatche wrote:Alright - gorilla power I can buy. Bullet speed too. But lightning reflexes? Any martial artist worth his or her obi will be able to beat a person untrained in combat, no matter how fast and strong they are, simply by faking them out and striking where they don't expect. That Kaye was able not just to block but to catch Virtue's punch suggests to me that he's not even trying - or that the H-Hold has a built in automatic combat subroutine, which I find an extremely unlikely thing to provide to a marginalized minority like the Jellese.


Maybe he's faking. I think Virtue, as a collector of different items of different splays, should know that Kaye is wearing H-Hold or something similar at least now when the error message was sound off to everyone. Outward punching it might not be wise, unless you're faking just to get closer for a grapple.


Yes but now he has a gun in his face.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
User avatar
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Earth

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Alikat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:16 am

Jellese think with the speed of electanics, but Virtue likely is now in Bullet Time, so this is one of those "who would win a footrace, Superman or the Flash" questions.
User avatar
Alikat
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:51 am

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Wic » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:14 am

Alikat wrote:Jellese think with the speed of electanics, but Virtue likely is now in Bullet Time, so this is one of those "who would win a footrace, Superman or the Flash" questions.


Image
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
User avatar
Wic
Apple Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Anna » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:32 am

In an atmosphere Superman would have no chance, his cape is an areodynamic failure.
And, of course, a red sun makes him weak, the Flash has always better chances.

But however, we need our DC-expert Svzurich.
User avatar
Anna
Worthy Forumite

  Offline
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:45 pm
Location: Germany, west, not south.

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Ashes » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 am

The Flash wears pants made out of goes-fast. He wins.

In DC there is a thing called "The Speed Force." It's like the elemental plane of goes-fast, or the Akashic race-track, or something. The Flash is in contact with the speed force. Superman is not. The Flash is faster.

I admit I'm not a DC expert.
User avatar
Ashes
Melon Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:09 am

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Mitsukara » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:29 pm

Does this mean Kaye is a dick?
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
User avatar
Mitsukara
Melon Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby marinschild » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Mitsukara wrote:Does this mean Kaye is a dick?


Well the german term for fat is dick and Kaye has been looking plump ever since the H-Hold unit finished it's repairs, so she could be considered dickish.
NNNNEONLITERFLEWED and paprika[[[]p]]
User avatar
marinschild
Apple Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 am
Location: Beyond Hopelessness

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Wizard CaT » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:05 am

Just give it to the Flash, it's not like he has much else going on for him. I mean shit, Superman can freeze things with his breath, and he never even uses that power because he doesn't feel like it.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
User avatar
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Earth

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Wic » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:55 am

Wizard CaT wrote:Just give it to the Flash, it's not like he has much else going on for him. I mean shit, Superman can freeze things with his breath, and he never even uses that power because he doesn't feel like it.


I always hated Superman. He was like a constant deus ex machina with the writers giving him powers on the fly and fixing the absurdly large plotholes (the glasses that fool everyone being the best example), not to mention the cracked up physics to explain them. Superman on TV is better, with him being more like a Spiderman; a superhero with humanly flaws like girlfriend and family issues. And Spiderman movies are like Superman comics (especially the third movie).
It's that my homunculus inside my head doesn't even try to understand the outside world. He thinks it's a video game and smashes the buttons at random to find the key where you shoot the lasers.
User avatar
Wic
Apple Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby draque » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Wic wrote:I always hated Superman. He was like a constant deus ex machina with the writers giving him powers on the fly and fixing the absurdly large plotholes (the glasses that fool everyone being the best example), not to mention the cracked up physics to explain them. Superman on TV is better, with him being more like a Spiderman; a superhero with humanly flaws like girlfriend and family issues. And Spiderman movies are like Superman comics (especially the third movie).


When you have a hero who has the quality of being invulnerable... things get boring. Yes, there was kryptonite (which is very common, considering it's supposed to be the rarest "element" in the universe), but the plots seemed very contrived to me, even as a young kid comparing them to other corny super heroes.
User avatar
draque
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:57 am
Location: <=CLEVER-LOCATION=>

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Mitsukara » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:30 pm

I thought the first two Spiderman movies were pretty good, but then again, I never read the comics. The third was kind of a letdown though, and the characterization seemed to go a bit awry there. Better to get off the train with #2.
Hello! ^^
AKA: Mittens (also Milly) ~My deviantart page~ Regularly updating lately! Yay!

"You know, I’m really glad I don’t use my butt for anything except sex." ~ Amaranth the field nymph, Tales of MU
^ I wish this is how butts worked. Alas.
User avatar
Mitsukara
Melon Class

  Offline
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:02 pm
Location: My spaceship (which is totally not just a cardboard box I wrote "spaceship" on)

Re: To Save Her #310 - Disapproval

Postby Wizard CaT » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:53 pm

Mitsukara wrote:I thought the first two Spiderman movies were pretty good, but then again, I never read the comics. The third was kind of a letdown though, and the characterization seemed to go a bit awry there. Better to get off the train with #2.


In JL(U) especially, there are a few villains that are able to kick Super ass. They mostly come from Space though. Or are some kind of god-android.
~Only in silence the word, only in dark the light, only in dying life: bright the hawk's flight on the empty sky.~ The Creation of Éa
Damn you Clemson University, you deleted the 'sploding Kay that Etherwings uploaded eons ago!
User avatar
Wizard CaT
Watermelon Graduate

  Offline
 
Posts: 904
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 pm
Location: Earth


Return to To Save Her

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron